Joining the military...What are you thoughts?

Originally Posted by debs 168

so...if going in as an officer means that you'll make about 33k a year for the first two years...how are ppl affording bmw's and mercedes and all that when they enlist or go in as officers?
as mentioned by sole, the BAH can get up there depending where one gets sent. BAH is determined by location. I know for my current location (DC), people who are eligible for a BAH get about $1600 (w/o dependents, w/ dependents +400, i think) to do whatever with. Some people use a small amount for rent and use the rest for car payments, phone bills, etc. San Diego will get you something like $1800, and parts of Brooklyn, NY and Manhattan will get you upwards $2000.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

^ they tell you what to bring. and i suggest you follow it because i think they lock your stuff away if you dont listen or something...i plan on taking all my stuff to my fathers house or getting storage and leaving my car with my dad.

That's a good plan.  I was gonna give my flat screen to my Mother, put my sneakers, DVD's etc in storage and pay it off for a year.

I aced the practive test for the Army and the Air Force.  I believe I'll be in San Antonio by next year.
smokin.gif

This post needs to be stickied.  It's quite helpful. 

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

^ they tell you what to bring. and i suggest you follow it because i think they lock your stuff away if you dont listen or something...i plan on taking all my stuff to my fathers house or getting storage and leaving my car with my dad.

That's a good plan.  I was gonna give my flat screen to my Mother, put my sneakers, DVD's etc in storage and pay it off for a year.

I aced the practive test for the Army and the Air Force.  I believe I'll be in San Antonio by next year.
smokin.gif

This post needs to be stickied.  It's quite helpful. 

Originally Posted by KingJay718

I've strongly considered joining the AF as soon as I finish college this year. I've spoken to a recruiter, I've done my research on the AF, and with me being 27 no kids, I feel it's best for me.   My Aunt made Col and she's doin really well for herself. Bought herself a 2 story house, attic, basement, two cars in the garage, a closet full of Air Max 2009sand 2010s.

The recruiter said I'd likely be sent to San Antonio, TX to basic training.  Question, did you guys put your stuff in storeage?  how many pairs of kicks yall took with yall?
what do you plan on doing? (your job)

Originally Posted by KingJay718

I've strongly considered joining the AF as soon as I finish college this year. I've spoken to a recruiter, I've done my research on the AF, and with me being 27 no kids, I feel it's best for me.   My Aunt made Col and she's doin really well for herself. Bought herself a 2 story house, attic, basement, two cars in the garage, a closet full of Air Max 2009sand 2010s.

The recruiter said I'd likely be sent to San Antonio, TX to basic training.  Question, did you guys put your stuff in storeage?  how many pairs of kicks yall took with yall?
what do you plan on doing? (your job)

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Na I wouldn't. I feel so bad for our soldiers. The people in charge of them are writing checks that they will have to cash.

I wouldn't either, but I don't feel bad for them. If they enlisted after 9/11, they know full well what they could've been getting themselves into. If not, then they're reeeeeeal stupid.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Na I wouldn't. I feel so bad for our soldiers. The people in charge of them are writing checks that they will have to cash.

I wouldn't either, but I don't feel bad for them. If they enlisted after 9/11, they know full well what they could've been getting themselves into. If not, then they're reeeeeeal stupid.

Back
Top Bottom