Joining the military...What are you thoughts?

Bump because i dont feel like making a thread on this,

what is the casualty rate in the airforce???

Bump because i dont feel like making a thread on this,

what is the casualty rate in the airforce???

Originally Posted by Xavier

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

well some of you guys know what you are talking about and some really do not have a clue at alll..... well I been in the military for 3 years now ARMY and im stationed in germany and was in italy not to long ago and went to iraq for 6 months... I like it, its not the bad how people make it out to be... you have to join in order to see how it really is... you cant always listen to what everybody else says and do you... dont expect to just sit at home and wait for an opportunity to pass by because that might never happen... just got to get out and get something started....

i dont regret joining but its not easy and nor is it too difficult.. i seen plenty of people do 20+ years in the military i mean how can you do that much time and say it sucks and dont join... the military has its ups and downs but i think more ups
yea some of these people in this thread dont have a clue what they are talking about.

been in 5 yrs(army) joining the military can only help you man.....

been to iraq and back AND I DONT regret joining!!!!!
I haven't been in the military but I think it should be put this way:
Being in the military isn't bad ( and can be awesome) as long as you come out alive and in one piece. If you're dead or maimed, it sucks. 

Originally Posted by Xavier

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

well some of you guys know what you are talking about and some really do not have a clue at alll..... well I been in the military for 3 years now ARMY and im stationed in germany and was in italy not to long ago and went to iraq for 6 months... I like it, its not the bad how people make it out to be... you have to join in order to see how it really is... you cant always listen to what everybody else says and do you... dont expect to just sit at home and wait for an opportunity to pass by because that might never happen... just got to get out and get something started....

i dont regret joining but its not easy and nor is it too difficult.. i seen plenty of people do 20+ years in the military i mean how can you do that much time and say it sucks and dont join... the military has its ups and downs but i think more ups
yea some of these people in this thread dont have a clue what they are talking about.

been in 5 yrs(army) joining the military can only help you man.....

been to iraq and back AND I DONT regret joining!!!!!
I haven't been in the military but I think it should be put this way:
Being in the military isn't bad ( and can be awesome) as long as you come out alive and in one piece. If you're dead or maimed, it sucks. 

elaborate on joining the marines as an officer...i've been thinking about it...
i'm 27 and black if it matters.

elaborate on joining the marines as an officer...i've been thinking about it...
i'm 27 and black if it matters.

I've strongly considered joining the AF as soon as I finish college this year. I've spoken to a recruiter, I've done my research on the AF, and with me being 27 no kids, I feel it's best for me.   My Aunt made Col and she's doin really well for herself. Bought herself a 2 story house, attic, basement, two cars in the garage, a closet full of Air Max 2009sand 2010s.

The recruiter said I'd likely be sent to San Antonio, TX to basic training.  Question, did you guys put your stuff in storeage?  how many pairs of kicks yall took with yall?

I've strongly considered joining the AF as soon as I finish college this year. I've spoken to a recruiter, I've done my research on the AF, and with me being 27 no kids, I feel it's best for me.   My Aunt made Col and she's doin really well for herself. Bought herself a 2 story house, attic, basement, two cars in the garage, a closet full of Air Max 2009sand 2010s.

The recruiter said I'd likely be sent to San Antonio, TX to basic training.  Question, did you guys put your stuff in storeage?  how many pairs of kicks yall took with yall?

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

My girl just left me because she's joining the Army because she thinks they're gonna pay for her to go to college immediately after bootcamp...
tired.gif
 If I ever find those recruiters who told her that pack of lies I will castrate them
30t6p3b.gif

those recruiters are a joke
30t6p3b.gif
 at how they can blatantly brainwash somebody and change their life so easily

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

My girl just left me because she's joining the Army because she thinks they're gonna pay for her to go to college immediately after bootcamp...
tired.gif
 If I ever find those recruiters who told her that pack of lies I will castrate them
30t6p3b.gif

those recruiters are a joke
30t6p3b.gif
 at how they can blatantly brainwash somebody and change their life so easily

Originally Posted by KingJay718

You will be in San Antonio for Basic Training, and don't even bring your kicks to Basic.. get some sent to you in Tech School, and then wait till you get to your first base to bring your whole collection. Military pays for shipping/moving.. anything, even your car in most cases.

You will be in San Antonio for Basic Training, and don't even bring your kicks to Basic.. get some sent to you in Tech School, and then wait till you get to your first base to bring your whole collection. Military pays for shipping/moving.. anything, even your car in most cases.

Originally Posted by chr1scross

Good lookin'. I was just gonna bring some semi heat and some ACG's to basic training. But that's one concern that I won't have to worry about.

Originally Posted by chr1scross

Good lookin'. I was just gonna bring some semi heat and some ACG's to basic training. But that's one concern that I won't have to worry about.

^ they tell you what to bring. and i suggest you follow it because i think they lock your stuff away if you dont listen or something...i plan on taking all my stuff to my fathers house or getting storage and leaving my car with my dad.

^ they tell you what to bring. and i suggest you follow it because i think they lock your stuff away if you dont listen or something...i plan on taking all my stuff to my fathers house or getting storage and leaving my car with my dad.

I wanted to join the AF so bad but I didnt think I could cause of my tattoo sleeves on my arms

My home girl is in the AF she got stationed over seas and she said its
pimp.gif
she posted pics on FB of her house n her roommates over there and I must say AF is where its at
laugh.gif

not to mention she had a BMW 3 series shipped over here (Florida) that she bought while in the AF
pimp.gif

I wanted to join the AF so bad but I didnt think I could cause of my tattoo sleeves on my arms

My home girl is in the AF she got stationed over seas and she said its
pimp.gif
she posted pics on FB of her house n her roommates over there and I must say AF is where its at
laugh.gif

not to mention she had a BMW 3 series shipped over here (Florida) that she bought while in the AF
pimp.gif

so...if going in as an officer means that you'll make about 33k a year for the first two years...how are ppl affording bmw's and mercedes and all that when they enlist or go in as officers?

so...if going in as an officer means that you'll make about 33k a year for the first two years...how are ppl affording bmw's and mercedes and all that when they enlist or go in as officers?

when you are in you get bah (housing pay).
thats a good majority of monthly income you would normally be spending but military pays for that...am i right military heads?

when you are in you get bah (housing pay).
thats a good majority of monthly income you would normally be spending but military pays for that...am i right military heads?

Originally Posted by debs 168

as mentioned by sole, the BAH can get up there depending where one gets sent. BAH is determined by location. I know for my current location (DC), people who are eligible for a BAH get about $1600 (w/o dependents, w/ dependents +400, i think) to do whatever with. Some people use a small amount for rent and use the rest for car payments, phone bills, etc. San Diego will get you something like $1800, and parts of Brooklyn, NY and Manhattan will get you upwards $2000.

Back
Top Bottom