JORADAN A BASKETBALL SHOE?

jays just arnt bball made anymore, i wear my Vs casually and they burn my feet from just walking. my 8s straped up just dont feel like a ball able shoe andthe ones, wouldnt even think about it. back in the day i played in mud concrete and then go play games in them, all they needed was a lil rinse off. thecomfort is gone, grip is lost fast, n they just dont feel like u cant ball in them. so what im asking is are they just casual shoes now because melos cp3 andteam jays are way better as far as ballin in.

true for the retros.. i ball in the XX2s .. and they're pretty good.. not the best .. but i dont think i would ever ball in my retros..

:waits for entire page of 'joradan' jokes:
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eldrinlee

jays just arnt bball made anymore, i wear my Vs casually and they burn my feet from just walking. my 8s straped up just dont feel like a ball able shoe and the ones, wouldnt even think about it. back in the day i played in mud concrete and then go play games in them, all they needed was a lil rinse off. the comfort is gone, grip is lost fast, n they just dont feel like u cant ball in them. so what im asking is are they just casual shoes now because melos cp3 and team jays are way better as far as ballin in.
Word!!!! I definitely agree with ya

Yea now Retro's are for casual wear...That's why some of the recent O.G.'s( i.e. XIX,XX,XX1,XX2, and XX3) have better quality and feel and performbetter while on the court

I've played ball in XI's XII's, XIV's. I love them for basketball. I even played a season in the vIII's. They're heavy, but not bad atall for bball.

Well like everyone else said, retros definitely aren't meant for playing in. The more modern shoes like the three you named and later og's are cuzthey're made with better technology and higher quality materials.

i agree, i haven't balled in a pair of signature jordans for a long time,
nike just makes higher quality stuff when in comes to ballin.

18 ok... um... 4's i played in today(pures) not bad.. XX's not bad either.. but in my opinion jays aren't cool to hoop in anyway. scrubs play injays. real hoopers plan in nikes, addias etc..

y wuld u even think in hoopin is such basketball shoe technology.
there is so many better shoes out there too ball in than the 4s or 5s .
its like if u went back to blk and white tvs wen theres plasmaas.

as long as its the XIs and up, you'll be fine.

my personal favorites to play in are XIs, XIIIs, XIVs, XVIIIs, and XXs.

Originally Posted by KRaphael92

18 ok... um... 4's i played in today(pures) not bad.. XX's not bad either.. but in my opinion jays aren't cool to hoop in anyway. scrubs play in jays. real hoopers plan in nikes, addias etc..
roll.gif
Real hoopers dont wear whats cool, they wear what theylike. Scrubs wear what they think is cool to hoop in.

that's why JB created those Team Jordans and CP3's and Jordan XXII's are actually good for ballin......and yes i do agree with most comments thatretros are not made for ballin but for casual walking.......

the higher numbered jordans are good to play ball in--i cant stop playing ball in the XX3s even though i want to change my balling shoes up. the feel on theXX3s, lightness, and the traction is just so much better than most bball shoes out there--especially the retros

I used to ball in the XIV, XV and XVI's. Now I just give my kicks TLC!! But the XVI's were awesome to ball in

Originally Posted by chisoxdavid

Originally Posted by KRaphael92

18 ok... um... 4's i played in today(pures) not bad.. XX's not bad either.. but in my opinion jays aren't cool to hoop in anyway. scrubs play in jays. real hoopers plan in nikes, addias etc..
roll.gif
Real hoopers dont wear whats cool, they wear what they like. Scrubs wear what they think is cool to hoop in.

indifferent.gif
I mean for real, How can you determine what's cooland what's not cool when its your performance that matters on the court. If Mike hooped in them I'm hoopin in mine too.

You have to think of all of the advances Nike has made in basketball technology since the AJ4 & AJ5 originally released. Nike retroes them in theiroriginal form, or as close as possible, as far as the technology goes. Aside from retroing them, Nike would never make shoes such as the older AJ's forbasketball based on what they currently have as far as tech goes. remember some years back toward the end of MJ's career, when he wore the black/red AJ1against the Knicks at MSG? I read an interview with him & he said that the shoes killed his feet, & he didn't know how he used to play in those. The retroes aren't made for balling.

Back
Top Bottom