JORADAN A BASKETBALL SHOE?

Originally Posted by eldrinlee

jays just arnt bball made anymore, i wear my Vs casually and they burn my feet from just walking. my 8s straped up just dont feel like a ball able shoe and the ones, wouldnt even think about it. back in the day i played in mud concrete and then go play games in them, all they needed was a lil rinse off. the comfort is gone, grip is lost fast, n they just dont feel like u cant ball in them. so what im asking is are they just casual shoes now because melos cp3 and team jays are way better as far as ballin in.

I think you are forgetting that the Vs were first released 18 years ago, and the VIIIs were released 15 years ago. Technology has changed a lot since then.

Back in the early 90's, those shoes were top of the line when it came to technology. I wore the Vs during my last season of high school ball (1990-91season) and loved playing ball in them. I wouldn't even think of playing ball in them nowadays.

It only makes sense that they are not the best shoes to ball in anymore... the technology is almost 2 decades old.

Originally Posted by jeyel

true for the retros.. i ball in the XX2s .. and they're pretty good.. not the best .. but i dont think i would ever ball in my retros..

:waits for entire page of 'joradan' jokes:
laugh.gif
I'm with you on that one... I use my retro's outside the basketball court, because performance wise... I wouldn't recommend it.
And I also currently use my XX2's for on the court. VERY under-rated bball shoe in my opinion.

To me it's a shame that the retro's aren't made for balling, I can't remember the last time I played in a pair of J's..
I only play in NIKE'S... I would think if Jordan Brand, which is known for BASKETBALL SHOES, makes basketball shoes then they would make them so
people can play in them even if they are retros..

Originally Posted by eldrinlee

jays just arnt bball made anymore, i wear my Vs casually and they burn my feet from just walking. my 8s straped up just dont feel like a ball able shoe and the ones, wouldnt even think about it. back in the day i played in mud concrete and then go play games in them, all they needed was a lil rinse off. the comfort is gone, grip is lost fast, n they just dont feel like u cant ball in them. so what im asking is are they just casual shoes now because melos cp3 and team jays are way better as far as ballin in.
yeah people say the retros arent like they use to i wouldnt know dont have a pair but yeah its more of a casual show now, the cdp xviis feel nicefor ballin tho

i was just talkin about this with my ppl. 14's i think are the best for balling. Co-sign that V's are mad uncomfortable.

Originally Posted by mrflightclub23

Yea now Retro's are for casual wear...That's why some of the recent O.G.'s( i.e. XIX,XX,XX1,XX2, and XX3) have better quality and feel and perform better while on the court
I agree. The new and later jordans are made for ball while the older retro aren't

Yeah, times have def changed. Retros have turned into casual wear only. But if you play ball in them, thats your choice.

The basketball shoe has eveolved, what you thought was comfortable back in the day, it no longer is. Prime example, I tried on a pair of Hyperdunks and OMG theshoe is amazing. It's light and not a bad fit.

Jordan's have evolved from ball sneaks to a casual sneak. The Jordan XVIII's, XIX's, & XX2's are the best imo. Rather jus ball in somedunks though.

After trying on the 20's for the first time after getting yesterday's pack, those would be a pair I would recommend for basketball.

Originally Posted by 23sole collector23

that's why JB created those Team Jordans and CP3's and Jordan XXII's are actually good for ballin......and yes i do agree with most comments that retros are not made for ballin but for casual walking.......
umm no, that's not the reason JB created Team Jordans. they been out since 1997, even while he was still playing the game in his OG's*which for everyone says they were made to play basketball*, and not the retros

yes u can ball in any retro, there basketball sneakers do whatever u want with them

V's are bad to play in. If you want to wear J's when you ball anything after the 10's is good, personally I think the XX3's are great by farthe best shoes to play in.

The year the black V's first got retroed, i copped them just to play ball in. I usually end balling in all the kicks I buy even if i did buy them to chillin. Frenchie VII's, balled in them after they got a little beat. Same with the Flint XIII's. Didn't have a problem with either of them. Now i rockthe all black foams or Lebron IV's on the court. Do what you like.

they are still basketball shoes and i play hoops in my retro ii,iv,vii, ix, xi, xii,xiv with no problems whatsoever. i'd say the most comfy to play inamong those are the xii's followed by the xi's then vii's. least comfrotbale would be iv's and ix's

to be honest, the best pair of ball shoes i've ever had were the original team jordans. the one with the medial toe box that was a contrasting color withthe rest of the shoe. i wore those through until my zoom air came out the bottom of the outsole.

Back
Top Bottom