JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

thats a fact not an opinion which is why it blows my mind when people ask if a deal is good or if a trade is worth it. I always think to myself "Do you love the shoes that much? if so go for it" too many people trying to look cool to others instead of bein themselves and not caring what people think

No no. The "and that's just my opinion" part I am referring to is the post where I said dmp = straps. I can't quote that cause I'm on mobile.

Is it possible to lock a thread until a month or weeks before release date? We already have 118 pages, months before release date. Maybe it can kill some of the hype haha.

And I'm also contributing to the post count.

They don't know and/or they don't care

Hype train is all aboard at the moment. This release is gonna suck

The marqueesole pairs looked just fine from the pics of people that already got em, can't really split hairs on em. Although the fact they were willing to take the risk is telling

I actually like the shape of the "Strapped" pair. Out of the 6 pairs of various Black/Red 1's I have, they're cut the highest.

that was his whole point lmao. u never had a pair of 1s BEFORE this year (the ones your mom bought in 5th grade don't count)

Well thats the thing. Granted I did kinda miss read what he was saying initially, his point is still unrecognized and I still don't get why he would say that. I responded basically saying I have had the recent ones and have had the older too (shrug) regardless. He was "guessing" based on the fact that I dont like the Vegas 1 (despite its glorified "good quality" I must add) that Ive never owned or held a pair of ones prior to 2013. That's just not true and his comment was kinda of an open ended random assumption that made no sense to me. He simply guessed wrong. Thats all. And how does the 94s I had as a kid not count because my mother bought em? They were my shoes. I wanted them. I picked them out. If you had em, you had em! Right? No? Lol anyway its all good. It dont even matter at this point. Lol @ "don't count" though.

Last edited:
the point is he guessed right lol. and the ones you had as a kid don't count because we all know the quality was awesome back then, we're talking about about the years of terrible 1s before the OGs this year. the Vegas 1s had the best quality a pair of 1s had been made with in a long time. so for people who always liked 1s and been buying the retros themselves (not mom) and been suffering through mid cuts and strapped versions all these years the Vegas 1s were a nice change

Amazing to me how no one talks about the '09 shadows. The Vegas 1's were essentially just a rehash of those before the 2013 OG shadows...

Amazing to me how no one talks about the '09 shadows. The Vegas 1's were essentially just a rehash of those before the 2013 OG shadows...
'09 Shadows were a great shoe. Beat mine into the ground. Plus I think I picked them up for like $70 or something.

December can't come soon enough.
tired.gif

These will be had.

People talked about the '09 Shadows frequently leading up to the 2013 release, some even saying exactly what you did. But the Vegas I's are probably more discussed since they're easier to find.

Last edited:
the point is he guessed right lol. and the ones you had as a kid don't count because we all know the quality was awesome back then, we're talking about about the years of terrible 1s before the OGs this year. the Vegas 1s had the best quality a pair of 1s had been made with in a long time. so for people who always liked 1s and been buying the retros themselves (not mom) and been suffering through mid cuts and strapped versions all these years the Vegas 1s were a nice change

They count to me Mart. If I can actually remember picking them out and wearing them, they count. I covet the fact that I had those in 94. I guess you saying my mom owned them because she bought though, huh? Lol I feel you but I don't look at it like that. I absolutely understand what your saying about the years of bad quality 1s and Vegas being a nice change. But it goes to show just how bad it was in terms of JB quality issues if dudes were subjected to praising such a non OG cw like the Vegas simply because it was a Hi and had good quality. That's great, minus that fact that the CW sucks (IMO) and yes, it is not an OG. That's what I call a "thanks for nothing JB" kinda release. They were trolling by making those with good quality if you ask me. The very reason I didn't buy. Leather was good on em though, I'll admit. Still wouldn't wear. Just me though.

I just wanted you to see his side of it, I don't like the Vegas 1s either tbh. and it doesn't have to do with your mom buying them it's just the fact that it was so long ago. you were a child and not thinking about "quality" or "OG colorway" cuz those terms didn't exist yet you were just thinking "ooooh mom Jordan's"

Last edited:
Passed on the Vegas 1's a few times. Great shoe, but the quality talk kinda hyped em. I was thinking Banned quality, but wasnt close. Still a great shoe, and could def understand why many like em. Simple colorway.

Passed on the Vegas 1's a few times. Great shoe, but the quality talk kinda hyped em. I was thinking Banned quality, but wasnt close. Still a great shoe, and could def understand why many like em. Simple colorway.

Not only a simple colorway but color blocking is similar to OG color blocking, just different colors. which makes me appreciate them more.

Only on NT were the Vegas 1's hyped. Saw them in person, touched and held them in hand. And passed. The same with the 09 Shadows and the RTTG DC 1's. Passed on all of them. The only one that I hesitated on was the DC's. The leather was nice... but the blank heel / medal pattern really caught my eye. A N/A tongue swap and it would've been a keeper.

Not only a simple colorway but color blocking is similar to OG color blocking, just different colors. which makes me appreciate them more.
that was another reason i copped them as well, but this is the black/red thread and i really dont care if it gets locked or not (not trying to get it locked though) because we already know the date and have pics so what else do we need? Just to wait for them to release so until then this thread is nothing but people trying to either hype them up or down and thats my opinion as well

They count to me Mart. If I can actually remember picking them out and wearing them, they count. I covet the fact that I had those in 94. I guess you saying my mom owned them because she bought though, huh? Lol I feel you but I don't look at it like that. I absolutely understand what your saying about the years of bad quality 1s and Vegas being a nice change. But it goes to show just how bad it was in terms of JB quality issues if dudes were subjected to praising such a non OG cw like the Vegas simply because it was a Hi and had good quality. That's great, minus that fact that the CW sucks (IMO) and yes, it is not an OG. That's what I call a "thanks for nothing JB" kinda release. They were trolling by making those with good quality if you ask me. The very reason I didn't buy. Leather was good on em though, I'll admit. Still wouldn't wear. Just me though.
Lol thats how i feel about banneds. Point was all opinions aside, pretty much every aj1 has had a jumpman that i can remember since early 2000s. Thats a shame. My mom bought me a pair back in the day too so ur not the only lol but that said, they took my beloved clean nike, winged logo aj1 and branded it like cattle, then began the rainbow effect on em. Problem is that has lasted what 10+ years? Even og cw have gotten it. I like the vegas for some reasons. I dislike alot of og cw models as well but i was never one always on the popular opinion side or bandwagon so to speak. Alot of crazy opinions around lol, peace.

People talked about the '09 Shadows frequently leading up to the 2013 release, some even saying exactly what you did. But the Vegas I's are probably more discussed since they're easier to find.
plenty of 09 shadow talk leading up to this years release

'09 shadows werent even on the same planet as my radar because of that stupid jumpman on the heel, now the 2013s were a must have

Back
Top Bottom