JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

I agree with what you said. I understand the hype in these shoes in general. Back then like 10 plus years ago, usually if you do not like the shoe, you just pass no matter how hyped the shoe was. The way I saw it, when people try to fit in, at least it would be something that they might be initially interested in. I rarely brought sneakers that I do not like, I'm pretty sure you and many people on in this forum are the same way. I did it only once, but only for collection purposes. The only sneaker was the 22's (the only Jordan that I hated). That's why the only times I wore it is to the gym. Just right when the Air Jordan 23's was coming out, I got a pair of 22's on sale just to complete my Air Jordan 1-23 collection.

I am just speaking for myself, but why buy shoes you don't like? Although we all know the answer (hype and reselling).

The hype makes people like them...

They didn't like the shoe until it was cool to have. Then all of a sudden they love it and can't live without it. look at the Yeezy 2. I guarantee if sketchers put them out mass produced for $30 BOGO at Payless, everyone would think they were the craziest ugliest sneakers ever. u think people would be paying $3000 for them? the HYPE made them admirable, nothing more or less.

Most people like things because they are fashionable, exclusive or it's "cool" to have or own. these kids don't come up with their fashion on their own. Mass media, marketing and celebrity tell them what to like and what to wear, think do and say.

I mean as sad as it sounds, we're all somewhat about the hype also, We older dudes just got into it for different reasons, but jumped on the hype train like everyone else nowadays.

I don't buy or wear sneakers I don't like, but I take pride in my sneakers that are exclusive that not a lot of people have. Feels good to have put in work or payed extra for a limited shoe, it's like a badge of honor or sorts...

Idk, we all know what it is. I've always loved JB I's because the history of the shoe, the comfort, simplicity and it's the best casual cleanest Jordan ever built IMO. Just a timeless classic. But I value my more limited pairs more than my JB mids that I bought for $100. Same shoe pretty much, but the hype makes me value my more exclusive pairs more.

With kids it's different, they just see it as a cool shoe that people will be like "ohh **** I see you got them bred I's, you must be doin it" Meanwhile older collectors or enthusiasts don't really give a **** who recognizes the shoes on their feet, just wearing them gives us satisfaction, but we do appreciate when someone does notice... If that makes sense.

Most people won't admit it tho.

Last edited:
The hype makes people like them...

They didn't like the shoe until it was cool to have. Then all of a sudden they love it and can't live without it. look at the Yeezy 2. I guarantee if sketchers put them out mass produced for $30 BOGO at Payless, everyone would think they were the craziest ugliest sneakers ever. u think people would be paying $3000 for them? the HYPE made them admirable, nothing more or less.

Most people like things because they are fashionable, exclusive or it's "cool" to have or own. these kids don't come up with their fashion on their own. Mass media, marketing and celebrity tell them what to like and what to wear, think do and say.

I mean as sad as it sounds, we're all somewhat about the hype also, We older dudes just got into it for different reasons, but jumped on the hype train like everyone else nowadays.

I don't buy or wear sneakers I don't like, but I take pride in my sneakers that are exclusive that not a lot of people have. Feels good to have put in work or payed extra for a limited shoe, it's like a badge of honor or sorts...

Idk, we all know what it is. I've always loved JB I's because the history of the shoe, the comfort, simplicity and it's the best casual cleanest Jordan ever built IMO. Just a timeless classic. But I value my more limited pairs more than my JB mids that I bought for $100. Same shoe pretty much, but the hype makes me value my more exclusive pairs more.

With kids it's different, they just see it as a cool shoe that people will be like "ohh **** I see you got them bred I's, you must be doin it" Meanwhile older collectors or enthusiasts don't really give a **** who recognizes the shoes on their feet, just wearing them gives us satisfaction, but we do appreciate when someone does notice... If that makes sense.

Most people won't admit it tho.

100% agree with you on the yeezy point.Funny thing when you mention this when all beasts come at you with the 'nawwwwwwwww man the yeezys are awesome the yeezys are special' ans hit like that.Hype got to me in the past about the yeezys too,i cut off niketalk for a month and got better. :rofl:..on topic now,can't wait for these...2-3 pairs is my goalThank god i live in Europe,lol

After that burn some pages back....

he gonna be sick if he doesnt cop saying that bs...... so you woulnt like the shoes as much if everyone else didn't also want the shoes?

if its anything like the bred 4 release its all good
its possible considering the "bred" colorways that have dropped in the last year have released in surplus to the point where if you missed out, shame on you. Hopefully this drop is similar to it, would be smart of JB to do so but you know they are always up to no good lol

Too many 2012/2013 accounts are suddenly interested in this shoe. I'm not a fan of the hype. If I am able to get as many pairs as I'm expecting/hoping, R.I.P. to y'all pockets
sick.gif
. I helped y'all out with the Shadows. I am bringing them FlightClub prices for these. Only people being spared are those who been here at least a decade...

Too many 2012/2013 accounts are suddenly interested in this shoe. I'm not a fan of the hype. If I am able to get as many pairs as I'm expecting/hoping, R.I.P. to y'all pockets:x . I helped y'all out with the Shadows. I am bringing them FlightClub prices for these. Only people being spared are those who been here at least a decade...

so you take the time to check when people signed up for nt?

Too many 2012/2013 accounts are suddenly interested in this shoe. I'm not a fan of the hype. If I am able to get as many pairs as I'm expecting/hoping, R.I.P. to y'all pockets:x . I helped y'all out with the Shadows. I am bringing them FlightClub prices for these. Only people being spared are those who been here at least a decade...

Spare me Vegeta! SPARE ME! Lol jk.

But yo..... Moments like that make NT> :lol:

There's alot of people like myself that have been on NT before you with 2012/2013 sign-ups. Don't question someone's knowledge or credibility with 7000 posts and 48 reps :nerd:

Last edited:
Too many 2012/2013 accounts are suddenly interested in this shoe. I'm not a fan of the hype. If I am able to get as many pairs as I'm expecting/hoping, R.I.P. to y'all pockets
sick.gif
. I helped y'all out with the Shadows. I am bringing them FlightClub prices for these. Only people being spared are those who been here at least a decade...

Lol you'd be surprised how much a real job pays..

sick.gif

sick.gif

indifferent.gif

I don't know why you guys are arguing so much. 01's, 13's... They're both dope. It's all preference, bruh bruh. I couldn't get my pair of 13's, and I sold my 01's at an insane price, so I don't mind that. So I'm gonna cop these 1's when they drop. There's no question. I've been lurking on the site for four or five years, and only signed up recently. Doesn't knock my knowledge down though.

Just be chill and talk kick game. Lol.

so you take the time to check when people signed up for nt?
It takes like 2 seconds to scroll down and see 2012-2013.
There's alot of people like myself that have been on NT before you with 2012/2013 sign-ups. Don't question someone's knowledge or credibility with 7000 posts and 48 reps
nerd.gif
I do not believe this statement. There are not a lot of people who have lurked for 11-12 years only to just now be signing up. I find that statement to be false my friend. Also, I have no idea how the reps work lol. I didn't even know I had 48 nor do I know how I got them. And that's 7,000 for 12 years. They just started this "rep" thing when NT changed to this new NT.
sick.gif

Lol you'd be surprised how much a real job pays..
indifferent.gif
Really? Sir, I have a real job.

Many are wondering why I said what I said. It's very simple. These are my personal favorite Jordan's of all time so I feel a lil' ill about how all of a sudden they're everyone else favorite too. In '01 I simply walked into FL, paid my $85.59, and walked out without any hassle whatsoever. When the DMP's came out in '08/'09, I simply walked into FL again, purchased 2 boxes, and walked out without any hassle. The only time there has been any hype for Blk/Red I's was the Banned's. After them, no one has ever remotely cared about Blk/Red I's (or pretty much any I for that matter). Now all of a sudden people who's collection started with Concord's 2 years ago feel these are the greatest Jordan's of all time. It's sickening. I'm gonna try and cop 15-20 pairs and unload them to OG NTers for below market value when they release. Anybody else is getting that Roethlisberger treatment. For me personally, it's not about personal profit. I just hate the shoe game right now and everyone that's in it. #EndRant #BitterVet

^^ I been here since '05 and I've never seen/noticed you before. I'm not being disrespectful. Probably just means that you stay out of the JB forum most of time. Just saying, many of us have new account dates and have been here for years, and I ain't talking about lurking.

Last edited:
Really hope that these aren't next to impossible to cop like the royal 1s were. I was salty that I struck out on those after going HAM to get them.

Back
Top Bottom