JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

Nike really effed up the distribution on these...they should just let folks pre-order for a fee through Nike. All of these gms and fakes really hurt the market and if nike let folks pre order directly, they would:

A) kill a lot of the fake market
B) figure out a better way to distribute the non pre order pairs
C) have less resellers with 20 pairs
D) have less salty customers

Thats just my .02 though...

Nike really effed up the distribution on these...they should just let folks pre-order for a fee through Nike. All of these gms and fakes really hurt the market and if nike let folks pre order directly, they would:

Would be a great concept. I think Nike actually enjoys all the madness and chaos for their brand

Why even waste material and work hours on these.

Just create more OG I's

because if gold can be found in every single backyard then it would lose its value.  capitalism my friend, those who can't afford gold get silver, those who are first to buy the mine can make $.

That makes no sense. Nike doesn't care about the resale value on ebay or craigslist. Every pair that resells for $300+ is a lost sale for Nike.

The way to end the ridiculous reseller game is to make enough shoes to satisfy demand. You'd think that Nike would want to maximize profit for shareholders. But I think the problem is that Nike enjoys the hype and hysteria -- they love stirring people into a frenzy.

I hate that buying shoes has become such a hassle. This really isn't fun for me anymore. And I'm not complaining about how things were better in the "good 'ol days." I'd just like to be able to buy a pair of Jordans without having to jump through so many damn hoops. No one should ever have to pay 300+ for a pair of re-re-retro I's. You can buy a pair of DS '94s for the prices these are selling for right now.

I can understand that there are certain shoes that Nike wants to keep limited, but this is one of the most popular models of all time. By making an overwhelmingly popular model limited, Nike is just enabling resellers to take advantage of loyal customers. I don't see how that helps anyone but the resellers.

Well since you said you make decent money keep the royals and the breds and buy the gold joints str8 up, I never understood dudes that bought Js and got mad cause other dudes wearing them. They are Jordans probably one of the most massed produced shoe nike makes. I agree its nice to have a limited or exclusive pair. But at the end of the day you buy the shoes you like. If you like the Breds and Royals you might struggle to let them go.  Hopefully you don't need exclusive kicks to pull chicks. I aint too crazy on the black and gold joints so I would keep my pairs. But at the end of the day do what makes you happy
Decent money don't mean shell out $1300 for sneakers; Prada real leather dress shoes - maybe. I don't understand why people wouldn't get irked if they saw 10 other people wearing your shoes. This is different than getting mad because other dudes wear Js. I get older folks who retired from the game say "damn you busted your behind for some shoes I saw 10 other people wearing today?"

Never needed exclusive kicks to pull chicks - but anything helps. It's actually a testament to the people around me - they all got game and dress to kill. Pulling up to the house party with some semi-skinny jeans and overpopulated Bred 11s or Taxi 12s with a snapback will get you invisible quick (5 other peeps w/ mad game who look like you got there 2 hrs ago) - meaning you're going home to your right/left hand and lotion. I guess I'm the only that feels this way and is thirsty for the Patent 1s that were deemed ugly when they first came out, but now with the white midsole, they got it right.

Sorry - I'll let this get back to topic. It's just a more substantial debate than constant posts about legit checks, production dates, and confirmation emails which got Sole Collector real old. If you got your pair from a legit retailer and it looks new, then don't worry. Ain't no one going to come at you and be like "yo, let me check your production dates before I give you mad props son!"

AIR ONE's ALL WHITE- will never go out of style - just like these BRED 1's - they are a FLAGSHIP SHOE  - they go with anything...

and don't get it twisted… just cuz fools don't line up alll night till 5am for them doesn't mean they aren't still being bought...

The hood still CAWP'S ALL WHITE AIR ONES -

That makes no sense. Nike doesn't care about the resale value on ebay or craigslist. Every pair that resells for $300+ is a lost sale for Nike.

The way to end the ridiculous reseller game is to make enough shoes to satisfy demand. You'd think that Nike would want to maximize profit for shareholders. But I think the problem is that Nike enjoys the hype and hysteria -- they love stirring people into a frenzy.

I hate that buying shoes has become such a hassle. This really isn't fun for me anymore. And I'm not complaining about how things were better in the "good 'ol days." I'd just like to be able to buy a pair of Jordans without having to jump through so many damn hoops. No one should ever have to pay 300+ for a pair of re-re-retro I's. You can buy a pair of DS '94s for the prices these are selling for right now.

I can understand that there are certain shoes that Nike wants to keep limited, but this is one of the most popular models of all time. By making an overwhelmingly popular model limited, Nike is just enabling resellers to take advantage of loyal customers. I don't see how that helps anyone but the resellers.
It makes perfect sense, its called brand value.  Nike cares more about their brand than making money off 1 sneaker....they make WAYYYYYYYYY more on these regular BS nikes that moms and grandmas buy than they ever will on a jordan release.  Keeping the releases exclusive makes them cooler.

Would be a great concept. I think Nike actually enjoys all the madness and chaos for their brand

fixed

The marketing team does this on purpose to create the hype
They are just dumb enough to not realize that limiting the shoe=less sales=reduced net profit margin
I understood why they limited the black/gold 1s......but making every other 1 limited is some sort of bull

Executives at Nike are marketing geniuses. My homies at Harvard say they use what's going on with Jordan retro releases as case studies. Stock price is an indicator of present value of FUTURE cash flows. If Nike mass produces Jordans, they'll start to become irrelevant and lose its twinkle - meaning declining sales. They rather limit production numbers and keep Jordan brand relevant/hyped so they can spread guaranteed cash flows over 5 to 10 years than have a great 1 or 2 years.

Look at Nike (symbol NKE) stock price this year - they're doing something right.

Last edited:

Executives at Nike are marketing geniuses. My homies at Harvard say they use what's going on with Jordan retro releases as case studies. Stock price is an indicator of present value of FUTURE cash flows. If Nike mass produces Jordans, they'll start to become irrelevant and lose its twinkle - meaning declining sales. They rather limit production numbers and keep Jordan brand relevant/hyped so they can spread guaranteed cash flows over 5 to 10 years than have a great 1 or 2 years.

Look at Nike (symbol NKE) stock price this year - they're doing something right.

doesn't take Harvard to figure that out
laugh.gif

The Concord and Black/red XIs weren't too limited and they still sold out like hot cakes.
But I will agree that Nike does that to boost its stock value, after all, they are a corporation

CaptainSneakerhead23 I would give it until Thursday, it could be due to new years cause mine said it arrived in Minneapolis sunday morning but isn't scheduled for delivery until Thursday. Unless both ours is lost lol that would suck

doesn't take Harvard to figure that out :lol:

Yea I was about to say........that doesn't make you a marketing genius. :lol: Its common knowledge what Nike does. We all know. We've all peeped game long ago. Exclusivity creates hype and hype generates sales. Nothing genius about it. Plan ol' marketing 101.

THIS.

LMAO at you folks thinking that NIKE doesn't see the BIGGER PICTURE...

good point, i talked with nike about that, and they don't care very much about all the mess, like you said, nike like the hype and hysteria about some shoe,

nike takes his money, and get a nice free ad, :frown:

with a 20 bucks shoe (production cost) they try/succeed  to create rarity, imo it's overrated like caviar or champagne, dont get me wrong i love the Aj1 bred but even the retail price is too high,

but it's the world we're living in, it's all about business, fubar

it's just too bad that some of us has to pay 300+ bucks to get what they love,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom