JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

Trust me, Nike loves resellers. They know that in order to avoid resell prices people will line up and create mass hysteria.
This makes sense. They exploit these two bit resellers to generate street hype, which inevitably goes viral and hits twitter ,instagram, etc. It results in blogs, message boards like NT to discuss "new" releases, and even infiltrates the media airwaves. For example, Hot 97 was covering the Black/Red 1 release, had their "Street Team" live and on the scene of a retailer covering the "drop".

Amazing stuff. 

JB is absolutely clever, as is evidenced by the way they promote their brand and garner free marketing. They are also very psychological, and know how to get nostalgic. How many times have you read or encountered someone that said, "I always wanted those?" Or, "I had a pair of those as a kid?" Exactly.

They are the Howard Stern of shoes. Whether you love 'em or hate 'em, you have an opinion. 

Last edited:
I would never Trade Bred 11's from Bred 1's - unless they threw money on top….  and Maybe...

Bred 1's take the Cake---

agreed. As nice as the 11s are they were HEAVILY available. after the cdp, tey were released AND restocked. Not sure why people are still think they can charge over $250 for them

agreed. As nice as the 11s are they were HEAVILY available. after the cdp, tey were released AND restocked. Not sure why people are still think they can charge over $250 for them
Me either. Their true value is on your feet. ****, I'm wearing mine right now! I have an extra pair on ice, the only shoe I have a double of (until my Black red 1s come through). 

The only way I'd let my pair go is if someone wanted to pay me an outrageous amount of money for them, or if someone wanted to straight up trade for 'em -dassit. 

Otherwise, I will beat these to the street for years to come. 

Lol we aint salty...we got our pairs...This "economist" BS we are talking about is more interesting than 20 different posts about checking production numbers and confirmation emails
Finance 101 in session for NT college :smokin

Was finally able to size swap for my right size. Was able to get 3 pairs total. That should hold me down for my life time.

good stuff Pinoyboy at least you realize its 3 pairs max on a pair of 1s ! These things last forever ! If you copped more then that they will never see the ground they just going to collect dust in the closet !

Take it for what it's worth, a Nike rep just told me via chat that these (bred 1's), fire red 3's and steel 10's will restock on NDC on 1/18. Just passing along what I was told

meh, reps dont know jack. doubt they will give that kind of info

and if anything, you should have only shared this with a few people just in case

just me tho

because people will be hawking that site all day

Yea I was about to say........that doesn't make you a marketing genius.
laugh.gif
Its common knowledge what Nike does. We all know. We've all peeped game long ago. Exclusivity creates hype and hype generates sales. Nothing genius about it. Plan ol' marketing 101.
Ummm quick question for the mods...Are we getting off topic? or can we continue with this economics/marketing discussion? Just curious.

No it's deeper than that. The primary question was, why don't they just produce more which will increase short-term revenue

Nike execs are marketing geniuses...if you think they aren't...tell that to Adidas and Reebok....

For the sake of being on topic....that letter from NBA to Nike banning these? Pure marketing scheme. I don't recall Jordan ever playing in these excluding ASG and other non-official games.

Ummm quick question for the mods...Are we getting off topic? or can we continue with this economics/marketing discussion? Just curious.

No it's deeper than that. The primary question was, why don't they just produce more which will increase short-term revenue

Nike execs are marketing geniuses...if you think they aren't...tell that to Adidas and Reebok....

For the sake of being on topic....that letter from NBA to Nike banning these? Pure marketing scheme. I don't recall Jordan ever playing in these excluding ASG and other non-official games.
Source? 

I don't doubt it, just interested in reading more about this. 

Actually, I didn't ask for the info, I was asking about the fire red 3's cause I missed out and won't pay a penny over retail for anything. I agree they don't know jack which is why I started by saying "take it for what it's worth." 

Finance 101 in session for NT college
smokin.gif
What's more funny is that resellers could've just invested their money back when it was $50 and got the same return lol.

Average resell is 50% of retail (excluding shoes like DBs and 1s) and investing the same money when Nike was $50 could've yielded 56% today.

Source? 

I don't doubt it, just interested in reading more about this. 
I'll look for a official source. I hear many OG collector talk about this and this was mentioned in another forum which I won't say where to respect Niketalk and their sponsors.....

Pair from JJ came in the production dates are , 7-10-13_ 10-15-13 if I'm right, I'll double check when I get home

Just secured a pair for 350 shipped. I was going to past but i couldnt end the year with a L. Still a L but its not a blowout. With all these retro+ releases it made my decision a little easier. Congratz to everyone and keep searching! See yall in the white infrared thread

Congrats.

Take it for what it's worth, a Nike rep just told me via chat that these (bred 1's), fire red 3's and steel 10's will restock on NDC on 1/18. Just passing along what I was told
Not to discredit you at all, but to me this info doesn't make sense because 1/18 is a Saturday and unless NDC plans on a full relaunch of the 1s (which I really don't see happening). The random restocks have been all during the week so honestly I don't think the rep gave correct info. But hopefully my hypothesis is wrong because i'd to see a full relaunch even though I probably will strike out again.... :smh:

What's more funny is that resellers could've just invested their money back when it was $50 and got the same return lol.

Average resell is 50% of retail (excluding shoes like DBs and 1s) and investing the same money when Nike was $50 could've yielded 56% today.
LOL most resellers aren't educated in the stock market game
They only know how to flip a shoe for some meager profit
I bet most of them don't even have a portfolio, yet alone a 401k or IRA account

Fire Red 3s  again, I might jump on the steels if true, but I can live without those. For some reason I like the Bobcat colorway 

Yea I was about to say........that doesn't make you a marketing genius. :lol: Its common knowledge what Nike does. We all know. We've all peeped game long ago. Exclusivity creates hype and hype generates sales. Nothing genius about it. Plan ol' marketing 101.

It's not that off topic because it relates too the shoes, but let's not stray too far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom