JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

yeah, but i've def seen this opinion expressed quite a bit.

cats would come in the banned thread and say they looked like the leather off a couch... :lol:

ummm, duh, real, quality leather usually looks like that (some don't tho, like the leather used on zen and net yeezy 1's, it's not tumbled or textured, but it's super high quality, butter soft, and sweet smelling, same thing on the supreme blazers, both the yeezys and the blazers have a sweet smell, and hold that smell for a long, long time, which is how real leather is supposed to be. i have a $800 nudie jacket made out of goat leather that smells soooooo good and sweet, and always will, it even makes the other jackets next to it in the closet smell like it, it's crazy)...

where are these cats you speak of? :nerd:

Banned 1 quality is nice, but not $800-1000 nice. If they were going for $550 I would gladly pay more for a pair. So my 2013 which are half the price of Banneds will have to do.

#Firstworldproblems

lets stop talking about banneds. Sore spot for me. Had a chance to cop for $250 even a few months after release, but i told myself to wait it out. Top 5 low moments when it comes to copping shoes for me. Its actually given me a trigger happy complex. Now I just pull and purchase shoes without putting much thought into price, in fear of suffering "passed on Banneds" disease.

agreed, they're not $1000 nice, but these 2013's will be hitting $500 in no time, and they're nowhere near worth that...

none of these shoes are truly worth their resell value, but it's not usually about how much they cost to make, it's about the supply vs demand... simple as that usually.

where are these cats you speak of? :nerd:

Banned 1 quality is nice, but not $800-1000 nice. If they were going for $550 I would gladly pay more for a pair. So my 2013 which are half the price of Banneds will have to do.

#Firstworldproblems

I'm with you. I won;t go over $600. its the one shoe where price does matter for me. I could spend more, but F that.

agreed, they're not $1000 nice, but these 2013's will be hitting $500 in no time, and they're nowhere near worth that...

none of these shoes are truly worth their resell value, but it's not usually about how much they cost to make, it's about the supply vs demand... simple as that usually.

I totally agree. I don't think any release after the mid 2000s is worth more than retail, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NO DOUBT. I actually like the X. Its like Cindy Crawford's mole.

:rofl:

Last edited:
I remember when I copped Banneds for 275 the day of the release. Everyone told me I overpaid. Man the quality was top notch and the leather was so buttery. The ankle padding was super plush too. I wore the hell out of them up until October when someone offered me $635 cash for a pair. Yes, $635 for a worn pair with creasing. Needless to say I sold them with the quickness and had a pair of 2013s on hold for me at my connects store. I'm out of town currently and didn't even have to be present in person to cop, I wired the money to my cousin and he handled that for me

finally recovered from New Years festivities. My 2 pairs should be at my doorstep early next week
happy.gif
It was ruff one for me too, and it took me till today to recover.. just in time to, because ill hopefully be getting a pair tomorrow

Last edited:
For everyone clamoring to search for a 2001 pair, be careful as well ! There's plenty of fake pairs of the 2001 breds as well.

Banned 1s are 10x better than these, quality wise, imo. 650 isnt that bad for these, you could find them a little cheaper. size wise, you will be fine if its only a half size up.

example:

2013 Retro

Banned 1s
Nice pics! Banned's are a nice shoe with excellent materials but when I wear them I don't find them as comfortable as the 2013 NA 1's. I actually prefer the my Black/Red 2013 pair over these, just personal preference.

IMO I think the price will just go down 2-3 years from now on the banned 1s, and will be on par as far as pricing with the 2013 pairs. Also, these have been retro'd multiple times. An example are the 95-96 OG pairs of Bred XIs, the quality on those are so much better than the 2012 bred XIs but yet no one is after them, and the price difference is not that far off between the 95/96, 2001, and 2013 pairs.
  That's what they said before the 2013 dropped and it only increased the price from what ive seen

Back
Top Bottom