JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

J23 app is showing another OG High 1 in Black/Gym Red - University Gold colors. Whats up with that?

It's in the first few pages of this thread and some info in the last 5 pages of the shadows thread. It's a separate pair. Most of us don't even need to worry about em.

Last edited:
i have 2 DMP pairs, unfortunately i didn't buy them DS but i scored a VVVVNDS for only $125 that'll be treated as a backup/ Display pair. Love them, they're like butter
i've been on the search for DS banned 1s for the same purpose (collect/display). but looking like i waited too long, prices are insane for them. guess i'm gonna have to keep my 01s DS and hopefully i can scoop up a 2013 pair. :\

yeaup, did the same. I've waited years for Banneds to settle down in prices but the inflation was no joke. It became so serious that DS DMP pairs were also inflated. I remember vintagekicks had em for only $130-150

scored my ds pair for $80... these were going for the LOW at one time... then all of sudden 1s became the "in" thing to wear again (kanye wore them in a pic) :smh:

i have 2 DMP pairs, unfortunately i didn't buy them DS but i scored a VVVVNDS for only $125 that'll be treated as a backup/ Display pair. Love them, they're like butter
i've been on the search for DS banned 1s for the same purpose (collect/display). but looking like i waited too long, prices are insane for them. guess i'm gonna have to keep my 01s DS and hopefully i can scoop up a 2013 pair. :\

yeaup, did the same. I've waited years for Banneds to settle down in prices but the inflation was no joke. It became so serious that DS DMP pairs were also inflated. I remember vintagekicks had em for only $130-150

scored my ds pair for $80... these were going for the LOW at one time... then all of sudden 1s became the "in" thing to wear again (kanye wore them in a pic) :smh:

That straight pissed me off. :smh:

I remember when most dudes wrote off 1s just because they kept on releasing. :smh:
Dudes even looked at me weird at times when I told them that 1s were in my top 3.
Now look at what the hell is happening. :x :lol:

-Drew

scored my ds pair for $80... these were going for the LOW at one time... then all of sudden 1s became the "in" thing to wear again (kanye wore them in a pic)
mean.gif
not gonna lie, i was in my sb phase for a few years before jb started retro-ing the jays i always liked 

The 1s were always dope ...Just a classic classic sneaker.  The nostalgia alone ...just like if you were conscious in 85.....you know ...and ....you know you gotta have em.

The 1s were always dope ...Just a classic classic sneaker.  The nostalgia alone ...just like if you were conscious in 85.....you know ...and ....you know you gotta have em.

Wait what?

Nobody in 85 wanted them. That's why they ended up in clearance racks. :lol:

Everyone used to look past the 1s. All people cared about were the 11s and 3s. :lol:

-Drew

Wait what?

Nobody in 85 wanted them. That's why they ended up in clearance racks. :lol:

Everyone used to look past the 1s. All people cared about were the 11s and 3s. :lol:

-Drew
QFT. The hypebeasts went crazy for the 1s ever since that damn jayz/kanye otis video.

As I get older (26), 1s just grow more and more on me. Such a timeless and ageless shoe.

i truly believe these look better on the older guys, i dont think many of the young ones appreciate the significance of this amazing classic shoe

i truly believe these look better on the older guys, i dont think many of the young ones appreciate the significance of this amazing classic shoe

If something more hypebeast friendly comes out around the same time say like the metallic V's with OG branding, they still won't

I don't think Kanye and Jay Z have anything to do with peoples opinions on the 1's today.  I think it goes way back to 85.    "see below"

When the 1984-85 season rolled around, everything went right. 

The shoes were banned by the NBA because of their lack of uniform color scheme. Nike paid the fines and made a commercial. 

"On October 15th, Nike created a revolutionary new basketball shoe," the voice in the commercial said. "On October 18th, the NBA threw them out of the game. Fortunately, the NBA can't keep you from wearing them." 

Jordan played every game of his rookie season, averaged 28.2 points per game, and won the Rookie of the Year award. Kids wanted to "Be Like Mike." 

The Air Jordan Is, at an unheard of price of $65 a pair, hit stores nationwide in March 1985. By May, Nike had sold $70 million worth. By year's end, the Air Jordan franchise had yielded more than $100 million in revenues. 

In the company's annual report that year, Knight called it "the perfect combination of quality product, marketing and athlete endorsement."

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/dollars/post/_/id/2918/how-nike-landed-michael-jordan

Last edited:
1's have always been hot they've just been bastardized through alphas, phats and horrible retros while the original form and colorways are seen less than Bigfoot. But I will say that Mr. West had a hand in revitalizing the air Jordan 1. I don't get the whole jay-z talk though. He's rarely seen with heat

QFT. The hypebeasts went crazy for the 1s ever since that damn jayz/kanye otis video.
earlier than that

got both purrs though
i said hypebeasts...
i remember when the prices for the banned 1s jumped from $300 to $500 a couple weeks after the Otis video came out.
I agree that the 1s were popular to most of us cause of the man, MJ.
but the hypebeasts went nuts when they saw jay and kanye rocking them...

Last edited:
i said hypebeasts...
i remember when the prices for the banned 1s jumped from $300 to $500 a couple weeks after the Otis video came out.
I agree that the 1s were popular to most of us cause of the man, MJ.
but the hypebeasts went nuts when they saw jay and kanye rocking them...

I could be mistaken but I though he was wearing some DMP 1's in the video...

I don't think Kanye and Jay Z have anything to do with peoples opinions on the 1's today.  I think it goes way back to 85.    "see below"

When the 1984-85 season rolled around, everything went right. 

The shoes were banned by the NBA because of their lack of uniform color scheme. Nike paid the fines and made a commercial. 

"On October 15th, Nike created a revolutionary new basketball shoe," the voice in the commercial said. "On October 18th, the NBA threw them out of the game. Fortunately, the NBA can't keep you from wearing them." 

Jordan played every game of his rookie season, averaged 28.2 points per game, and won the Rookie of the Year award. Kids wanted to "Be Like Mike." 

The Air Jordan Is, at an unheard of price of $65 a pair, hit stores nationwide in March 1985. By May, Nike had sold $70 million worth. By year's end, the Air Jordan franchise had yielded more than $100 million in revenues. 

In the company's annual report that year, Knight called it "the perfect combination of quality product, marketing and athlete endorsement."

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/dollars/post/_/id/2918/how-nike-landed-michael-jordan

:pimp:

They're doing away with the brown box Nike sportswear boxes and making them like the OG Nike boxes. All red with Nike in white. My closet will look like a time machine
LOL same. I love what they are doing with these boxes. The Is, IIIs, IVs, and Vs all have slick boxes. Wonder what the VIs box will look like.
I wonder if they will just reuse the V box or not.

View media item 443175

Anybody in LA catch that high speed chase with the motorcyclist? He had on the b/red 1's. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom