Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

So damn that, little man needs these so NT can do what's right. Post your cashapp or venmo or whatever. I got the first $100. I'm sure a few others will jump in to help. You're a good dad, let us help create a memory for him.

Someone oop this man! What size does he need anyway ?

Yea what size we need? My wife probably not going to wear this size 7 tbh. But at 13 he's probably like a 9 or 10?
Love the story, love the morals! Someone with the stockpile, find out this MAN’s sons’ size and hit him with the oop. That is realness at it’s fullest. Props to you good sir!
🙌
PM your cashapp bro. So we can all get him together. I didn’t grow up with a dad fr so that story hit a soft spot lol.

Wow! NT fam you know you just brought tears to my eyes today, it's crazy. Been trying my best to keep up with all the love so far and I truly hope I haven't missed anyone.

Jayden needs a size 9 indeed 👍

I'm absolutely overwhelmed by everyone's response, amazing support, the thumbs ups, all the help and generous offers for my little man. I'm at a loss of words here.
(Best thing is he knows nothing about it yet, so it's gonna be a big surprise! but I can't wait to show him all of this as soon as possible so he can understand what's been goin' on backstage to make this become reality!!)

B60357AB-D68D-4403-A3F5-691A9410B42C.jpeg

(Tried to setup a PP Charity Account for the last 2 hours already for this very purpose following NT's suggestion but while going through the process of filling the various infos to set it up, it's been giving me error messages and I've been going in circles since with creating a dedicated donation account, so for people wishing to avoid the 4.95$ transfer fee everything goes through NT member dblplay1212 who generously volunteered to help on that level too.

5B7DA7DB-9E87-4B2E-B0C9-A3F50F276443.png

(Edit: After searching the issue, it says I'd have to convert my personal longstanding account to a business account to be able to set up charities and donations!?! meh!)

We're still gonna make it happen, thanks to all you extraordinary people here.

I can 100% guaranty for anyone that helps that all the money will go towards buying the shoes for him and I will post a picture here of 13 year old Jayden with his shoes as soon as we receive them and show him this very thread so he knows the whole story and remember forever of how there are some exceptional people in this world.

As a father I also will make sure that he will continue to pay it forward whenever he has the chance in life, especially after today's events where he was the biggest recipient of people's kindness. Man we only get to see these kind of things on tv usually! This is surreal!

At time of writing this the size 9 are at 400$ on kickscrew+45$ shipping and I found an ebaystore that I bought legit shoes from in the past that have them for 430$ shipped, with a buy it now option+ duty and taxes.

If we're missing money in the end, of course I'm gonna bite the bullet and do the extra mile and/or cover taxes and any applicable duty fees and etc, that's the least I can do at this point. I will post here as soon as it's done and we will immediately stop accepting donations since the goal was never to try to make money out of this, but rather '' save the day for a little man'' if I can put it like that.

Thanks a million for your precious insight everyone.

BIG thanks to every one that has been reaching out and/or raising awarness here or outside NT and encouraging people on their own, raising money anonymously without taking credit for themselves, you know who you are, so please do know that I'm fully aware I can't see anything plus I've been trying my best to navigate literally through hundreds of notifications today and not miss a single one, but I wanna take a moment to salute you here.

SR-71 SR-71 let's get little man some shoes

So far we're at:
F91A884D-03F9-466B-85B8-AA2905AD4203.jpeg

EDIT: ***updated as of Monday 3:33 AM ET***

We are officially closing donations since the dream has been made a reality.

At this point I think the least I can do is cover the rest of the expenses and take care of shipping, taxes and duties so I will go ahead and secure a pair for Jayden right away.

Thanks to very generous NT donors:
dblplay1212, 206to813, papit, turbo95eg6 and rsk322 who made it reality

all other members that have gotten in touch with me via DM to be able to contribute in their own way to this magical story ending. Thank you so much!

Edit insert from Tuesday PM:
Thank you to each snd everyone who made all of this possible for my son Jayden and all of the kind words, REAL conversations and unconditional support throughout, even when confronted with haters' unjustified heat.

In retrospec sorry for all the trouble some of you got after making such a good deed guys. That part hurts the most because you truly didn't deserve any of this sh** but rather the opposite.

Extra special thanks to dblplay1212 who took care of managing other members donations too as mentioned above.

Special thanks to him as well as 206to813 who helped my making manage the flow and for their time and precious advice via DM all along for making decisions and helping out.

I sincerely hope I haven't missed anyone, but in case I did, I apologize in advance, I haven't eaten all day yet, trying to sort at all the messages and Love, tryin' not to miss anything here. In case I forgot anyone, by all means, please do send it to my attention via DM and I will make it up to you as fast as humanly possible.

it's absolutely crazy extraordinary the love and support we got all day. NT fam you made it happen in a little over 24 hours, that's unbelievable!

I've seen some pretty special stuff since NT early days, but I don't recall seeing anything like this, ever!

I will keep this post updated throughout the process whenever there are any new developments, but the next steps will be taking delivery between 10-14 day from now I guess and snapping pics of my little man with his shoes, plus I will have him create a NT profile in the next few days so he can thank you all himself, in his own words and post pics so you can see his smile!

In the meantime here's the proof of purchase on ebay so you know all of the donations went where they were supposed to:
47456C63-EF97-4061-9A70-8102B7DAF666.jpeg

update: November 28-29

shoes got delivered by DHL today

we took some pics this evening to share with the good people here

As you can imagine, it was an emotional one when my little man got back from basketball practice after a long day, when he found out he had a DHL delivery box waiting for him...

0501C45A-D77A-4ED1-B5E6-8AAE9D0DFA55.jpeg

754E7CE5-5ABE-4DBC-999B-A2E551A067F0.jpeg

70CCD8B5-39D4-4783-B5DD-0B50629936DD.jpeg

🙏

Thank you!!!

When I told him the whole background story, he was literally in awe and said that he will never forget this!

He immediately elected to start paying it forward by giving 50$ to a local charity that distributes food to less privileged people around Xmas time and there will be more to come in the future.

The shoes are flawless and they do fit great. He says they're very comfortable.

MUCH LOVE NT fam

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Man, gotta say. This thread had it all and did not disappoint.

To me all these sneaker “influencers” were the problem, straight up making up numbers and creating false hopes which ensued to chaos.

Hope y’all expose those cornballs after they start crawling back out from their rock.
Don’t think numbers are wrong just think a lot more bots and people trying for this than any other release this year.

More retail chances at a shoe is better than no retail chances at a shoe. Restocks, sneaker reserves, more sneakers passes. I’ll take them all rather than leaving things where they left off yesterday.

That said, if you aren’t retail or bust, I’d just come up with a price range you’re comfortable with and buy when you’re in that range. Even more so if you’re buying to wear them. I def understand wanting to pay the least amount you can but I’ve def burned myself try to keep guessing at what the bottom of the market will be.

Wow! NT fam you know you just brought tears to my eyes today, it's crazy.

Jayden needs a size 9 indeed 👍

I'm absolutely overwhelmed by everyone's support and generous offers for my little man. I'm at a loss of words here.
(Best thing is he knows nothing about it yet, so it's gonna be a big surprise!)

So if anyone wants to help you can PP donations to Jonathan Guillemette. I've updated my profile with the AJ1 Lost and Found pic with one of the screenshots for the L's we took, so you can find me more easily there.

(Tried to setup a PP Charity Account for the last 2 hours already this very purpose following NT's suggestion but while going through the process of filling the various infos to set it up, it's been giving me error messages and I've been going in circles since)

5B7DA7DB-9E87-4B2E-B0C9-A3F50F276443.png

We're gonna make it happen anyway, thanks to all you extraordinary people here.

I can 100% guaranty for anyone that helps that all the money will go towards buying the shoes for him and I will post a picture here of 13 year old Jayden with his shoes as soon as we receive them and show him this very thread so he knows the whole story and remember forever of how there are some exceptional people in this world.

I'm also will make sure as a father that he gives to the next one whenever he has the chance in life.

To compare: size 9 are at 400$ on kickscrew+45$ shipping and I found an ebaystore that I bought legit shoes from in the past that have them for 440$ shipped, with buy it now.

So what do you guys suggest I do now?
Wait to see if anyone here on NT has a spare size 9 pair they're willing to sell me at a reasonable price for my son or pull the trigger at such a high price with possible help?

Thanks a million for your precious insight everyone.

Let me do some browsing on Facebook in some of the legit groups, I swear I’ve seen some 9s cheaper than that

Yeah i'd love it if og style Jordan 1s went close to retail or something but if you have been following what's happened to them since 2013....you will know.

Man, gotta say. This thread had it all and did not disappoint.

To me all these sneaker “influencers” were the problem, straight up making up numbers and creating false hopes which ensued to chaos.

Hope y’all expose those cornballs after they start crawling back out from their rock.

If all the shoetubers and influencers in general went away forever that would make my day. Nothing like grown adults watching 16-17 year old silver spoon kids giving life advice because they sell some random product :lol:

Yeah Chicago 1s will def be under retail like all of the other non OG color ways that have come out recently :rolleyes

Lol. Maybe not under but should be close to it.
this isn’t because it’s an OG color way. Look at the fire red 3s price.

this is all manufactured hype and people caving into fomo fueled by the internet telling people they need em.

no one should be paying anything close to the prices we seeing right now. especially after how the release went.

**** is gross forreal.

Imma just end up selling a shoe I dont really wear to fund these, im sure theres pairs in yall closet you dont care for enough to not sell. Got some OW 90’s in that green color to off for these. Thank goodness for the buy/sell stores in NY, theres a ton of them. When it comes to trade they are decent on pricing.

Back
Top Bottom