Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

How's the weather in Nigeria today ?
244865B7-6E57-425F-BFA9-D66695D7DAF5.jpeg

Not in the slightest. We're talking about a THIRTEEN year old. He's not old enough to appreciate a $400 luxury. He's going to go to school and beat them to shreds. Next, he'll be looking at an $800 shoe. How about using that money and getting him something that's sitting on the shelf and putting the rest of the money away into his life savings. Be smarter. Teach these children responsibility and proper financial discipline.
I've spent more on shoes for my 5 year old and she destroyed them bc thats what kids should do. You can do things to make kids happy and still teach them to value things. He's 13, he doesn't have to learn about a 401k yet. Let him be a kid. If you want to raise your kid that tough, got for it, but don't project that on others.

Sup fellas! Just hit a W at my local.

did i miss anything good or spicy?
A dad posted his frustration over an L for his 13 yr old. Some posters offered to chip in to get little man a pair. Some posters are upset that they did that. Thoughts?

What the **** happened to this thread? Is someone actually salty that people helped a kid get shoes he really wanted because everyone, including us, told him how cool these were? He's 13, give him a break. Ways to earn money for some expensive *** sneakers are pretty scarce. I was begging my parents for Js when I was 13...and they would laugh. This kid got blessed...and it's good to see...

Story seems genuine, but as a parent of two (13 and 11), they gotta learn how to take the L regardless of how long they've been saving up. That's life. I have plenty of stories like that as a kid and I'm sure a lot of people here do as well.

It's a nice gesture for people here on NT to assist in gathering funds for the pair but personally, I wouldn't have been accepting donations. If your kid was already saving up and he had the money, why not just fund the rest and gift your kid his pair for Christmas SR-71 SR-71 ?

You know what? I hope by some magical chance that Mike HIMSELF somehow hears the story about the kid and decides to bless him with every pair of Js from here on out...and includes an autographed 8x10 with every pair just to piss you guys off...ALL THE ****ING SALT!!! ALL OF IT!

Story seems genuine, but as a parent of two (13 and 11), they gotta learn how to take the L regardless of how long they've been saving up. That's life. I have plenty of stories like that as a kid and I'm sure a lot of people here do as well.

It's a nice gesture for people here on NT to assist in gathering funds for the pair but personally, I wouldn't have been accepting donations. If your kid was already saving up and he had the money, why not just fund the rest and gift your kid his pair for Christmas SR-71 SR-71 ?

My thoughts exactly.

Back
Top Bottom