Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving NT fam!

So I mentioned I was going to do a mens pair and a gs pair and a ps in a giveaway but only 1 person took me up on the offer, but he/she wasn't in ny so I'm going to do another raffle. To make it fair, I will pick someone that actually missed on a pair and not the 5th pair for "your collection" or your "friend" or your "wife". The only thing I ask is a pay it forward once we meet for it. Only rule is must meet in NYC preferably a bank or a precinct. Price will be retail+tax+10 for gas for mens, gs or ps pair. And I will ask you to donate a suggested price of $15-$25 ATLEAST to stjude.org a hospital specializing in cancer with children when we meet that day. Please only react if you are able to meet the requirement. 1) NYer who is able to pick up 2) Donate minimum 15-25 to St Jude the day we meet 3) Actually fit the shoe size 4) Dont DM me about buying or anything 5) Not a new account that has any history. Just react 🤣 for gs 6.5, 💯 for a size 8, 🔥 for size 8.5, 😮 for size 9, 😍 for size 9.5 and 😕 ps size 1. Only gs and ps are those size, for mens I only have 1 pair so in the risk of mentioning a size I dont want to see everyone being the same size I mentioned. I will be gone till 28th so I’ll come back and message the winner. Enjoy your weekend guys and enjoy your thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving NT fam!

So I mentioned I was going to do a mens pair and a gs pair and a ps in a giveaway but only 1 person took me up on the offer, but he/she wasn't in ny so I'm going to do another raffle. To make it fair, I will pick someone that actually missed on a pair and not the 5th pair for "your collection" or your "friend" or your "wife". The only thing I ask is a pay it forward once we meet for it. Only rule is must meet in NYC preferably a bank or a precinct. Price will be retail+tax+10 for gas for mens, gs or ps pair. And I will ask you to donate a suggested price of $15-$25 ATLEAST to stjude.org a hospital specializing in cancer with children when we meet that day. Please only react if you are able to meet the requirement. 1) NYer who is able to pick up 2) Donate minimum 15-25 to St Jude the day we meet 3) Actually fit the shoe size 4) Dont DM me about buying or anything 5) Not a new account that has any history. Just react 🤣 for gs 6.5, 💯 for a size 8, 🔥 for size 8.5, 😮 for size 9, 😍 for size 9.5 and 😕 ps size 1. Only gs and ps are those size, for mens I only have 1 pair so in the risk of mentioning a size I dont want to see everyone being the same size I mentioned. I will be gone till 28th so I’ll come back and message the winner. Enjoy your weekend guys and enjoy your thanksgiving.
Just sell em fam and donate all that money to the charity instead of having people go thru hoops trying to just cop their sneaker. The $200-400 that you can collect would be better than the $15-25 that youre asking for.

In terms of pairs being legit, would ebay be considered the most trustworthy?
I dunno how eBay verifies, but I assume they’d do it like GOAT or StockX. With how good fakes have been, the only way I’d ever pay resale is if it was in person, and I’d probably need to bring a homie who got some L&F 1s from a retailer to come along with their pair. Would need to do a side by side comparison. Spinning a box around, ruffling tissue paper, sniffing and twirling the shoe without a reference point just doesn’t seem like a reliable way to check authenticity.

If the seller posted pics of the actual shoes you can kinda legit check them before you even purchase them.

The problem of ebay is the seller could be using other people's pics. You really have no idea what you're getting until it arrives. I've seen tons of videos of their "authentication services" at sneakercon and wasnt too impressed.

One thing that fakes don't seem to get right is the midsole stiffness, especially the forefoot area. Fakes can bend super easy, as opposed to a new pair of 1s, which is pretty stiff.

The fact that we’re seeing all these other shoes restock gives me home that we may see this for sale again some time in the future.

Man. I’d like to buy some pears but tough, even with a receipt I don’t wanna sit through the process of legit checking on the spot etc.

Reps tough to spot? I don’t anticipate these dropping in price much though due to the holidays etc.

Man, fakes are too good these days.
If I don't hit on SNKRS, get from a known retailer or from friends who I know got from a legitimate source, I just pass.

PO

My pair was finished in July?

Not sure if the pairs finished in April are the only ones with mold

mine is dated april with no mold. I don't think production dates mattered as much as where it originated from and how it was stored and transported from production till release date. Remember these were pushed back and so they were kept in storage even longer and the mold could've started from poor conditions.

Another thing could be the materials they're using specifically for the cracked black leather that they don't normally use.

The problem of ebay is the seller could be using other people's pics. You really have no idea what you're getting until it arrives. I've seen tons of videos of their "authentication services" at sneakercon and wasnt too impressed.

One thing that fakes don't seem to get right is the midsole stiffness, especially the forefoot area. Fakes can bend super easy, as opposed to a new pair of 1s, which is pretty stiff.
True. Be aware of your seller's feedback score, items for sale, and sale history too. It helps, but you cant be 100% until u get them in hand.

I wonder how much legit checkers get paid. Enough to care about a < 5% discrepancy 90% won't notice without a real pair to compare in hand?

Matching laces

20221123_122140.jpg

Legit checking these is going to be nearly impossible…Nike intended each pair to be unique from one another…Plus it’s a massive product run by Jordan 1 standards…Just to top it off EVERYBODY knows how bad Nike’s QC is…

These people posting up real vs. fake vids is really just fishing for clicks at this point since just about everything they post can be credited to intentional difference or just flat out bad QC…The only real tell is the sloppy stitching under the insole and now that legit pairs are widely available then you can fully expect the fake factories to fix that on their stuff going forward…Never mind that the fake factories are already putting out product that’s getting damn close to 1:1 as it is…

These are going to end up like the Mocha 1’s in that if you can’t verify the source (I.E. purchase from a close friend who purchased from an actual retailer) then going aftermarket could likely get you a pair of fakes…Been telling everybody I know for a while now that going aftermarket, on any platform, just isn’t worth the risk at this point…If you don’t get a pair from an actual retailer on release day then take the L and move on to the next pair…

Back
Top Bottom