Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

I've been thinking for a few hours now if I'm gonna cop this or the OG 2s. But I figured I can now save enough to buy two pairs.

Hopefully I'll be lucky come the holidays :smokin

OG coloured 2s are late this year. Early 2023. They’re pushing collabs to make em popular. It’ll come with OG box and tag, possibly made in Italy too

rock-clapping.gif

Made in Italy 2’s ? What’s retail on those going to be $500 ? :lol:

OG's were made in italy so they better not try no funny ish.
it's only right virgil touched the 2's before he left. they wouldnt be doing a retro 2 made in italy if it wasnt for virgil.

OG's were made in italy so they better not try no funny ish

Of course they were…Not sure it would be sustainable for a modern wide release pair…

Unless Nike is going to do the ultra limited thing with this pair that is…Then they’d be able to swing people on a high price tag…

Don’t give us what we want (decent Chicago 1s but some gimmick) and hold out on us.

Some made in Italy limited 2’s no one really asked for but as they even said, been slowly building the hype machine on 2s even though no one cared for them pre-Virgil. Now with the Made in Italy ultra limited release the hype on 2s start then the floodgates open on 2s.

Typical JB though.

Of course they were…Not sure it would be sustainable for a modern wide release pair…

Unless Nike is going to do the ultra limited thing with this pair that is…Then they’d be able to swing people on a high price tag…

i dont subscribe to that.
tell that to the dozens of the worlds best brands that ONLY operate out of italy.

I understand your point though. May have to do some pricing gymnastics. idk.

"Not exactly an 85 high.... but something in between the retro highs we get now and high 85 models. most importantly, from this point forward, JB will be focusing on the shape of the AJ1 with a major focus on the toe box of the AJ1. This Chicago 1 release is basically going to be an introduction to a brand new updated version of the high-OG model. The main difference with this model is the toe-box.... they said they are going to improve the toe box and make it closer to the 85's. It's confusing, I know..... but basically expect a Chicago 1 to release with an aged look to it. This shoe will be a part of the Reimagined Jordan 1 series which will continue throughout the next couple of years."

lol made in Italy some DON C gimmick **** to say they are better quality. its called globalization. geography doesn't really matter anymore in 2022.

Why do you say this?

doing the 2 was basically virgils swan song. it was destiny. he expressed wanting to do a 2 because of the luxury lineage and it being made in italy.
hell, he built a brand from nothing off the strength of it being made in italy. virgil abloh's connection to jordan brand is synonymous.... he's responsible for the best collabs of all time. the connection to the 2 only makes perfect sense.
furthermore... he said he spent like 4 or 5 samples just trying to get the toebox right. if he doesn't do that.... does nike care about it with all of these upcoming releases? i doubt it.
but i'm not sure that jordan brand would care enough to bring it back to the italian lineage without virgil being so vocal about it. but i could be wrong.

doing the 2 was basically virgils swan song. it was destiny. he expressed wanting to do a 2 because of the luxury lineage and it being made in italy.
hell, he built a brand from nothing off the strength of it being made in italy. virgil abloh's connection to jordan brand is synonymous.... he's responsible for the best collabs of all time. the connection to the 2 only makes perfect sense.
furthermore... he said he spent like 4 or 5 samples just trying to get the toebox right. if he doesn't do that.... does nike care about it with all of these upcoming releases? i doubt it.
but i'm not sure that jordan brand would care enough to bring it back to the italian lineage without virgil being so vocal about it. but i could be wrong.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Though you have not convinced me Virgil is responsible for a potential Made In Italy retro. :lol:

And as an FYI, collaborators sometimes go through dozens of samples before getting the final product.

Did JB finally change the shape of the Jordan 3 toe box because of Virgil too? Not srs.

"Not exactly an 85 high.... but something in between the retro highs we get now and high 85 models. most importantly, from this point forward, JB will be focusing on the shape of the AJ1 with a major focus on the toe box of the AJ1. This Chicago 1 release is basically going to be an introduction to a brand new updated version of the high-OG model. The main difference with this model is the toe-box.... they said they are going to improve the toe box and make it closer to the 85's. It's confusing, I know..... but basically expect a Chicago 1 to release with an aged look to it. This shoe will be a part of the Reimagined Jordan 1 series which will continue throughout the next couple of years."
Reading this hurt my brain. I was going to ask why the hell they'd update the shape on the 2015-present OG Highs instead of just releasing them in the current '85 High mold, but knowing JB they'll use this as an excuse to release the Chicago's again, this time in the new '85 mold with some bull**** description like,

"Returning once again, this time true to their original release, the Air Jordan 1 High '85 "Chicago" will return in pristine condition, no vintage distressing, as Jordan Brand aims to recapture the magic of what it was like opening the box of a brand new pair back in 1985."
He_Can't_Keep_Getting_Away_With_It_banner.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts.

Though you have not convinced me Virgil is responsible for a potential Made In Italy retro. :lol:

And as an FYI, collaborators sometimes go through dozens of samples before getting the final product.

Did JB finally change the shape of the Jordan 3 toe box because of Virgil too? Not srs.

and sometimes they do one sample. see: a ma maniere 3's.
thats my point.

Bruh the patent mids are the only few mids i can comprehend. I remember being in love w/ those back in elementary.

Back
Top Bottom