Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

Y'all and your cookie cutter *** commentary :lol: there ain't a damn thread on NT where folks don't say some **** like that. "Everyone hates them now but will be trying for them on release day..." "Watch these 'grow' on everyone..." this **** is like listening to workplace small talk or nails on a chalkboard :rofl:

Quiggles706 Quiggles706 lest we forget nike been doing this for a long time, too. The first time I remember seeing it was 2008 with vintage dunks. Then of course we got the vintage AJKOs 2010, vintage air maxes in 2013. I personally prefer pairs from the factory to look new but I wear all my shoes hard anyway so I don't care that much. Customizers that "age" shoes are stupid as hell though, they make brand new shoes straight up dirty. All the pairs I see from them look way more ran through than my actual 15-20+ year old shoes that I own.

I like my shoes to be crispy new. If this story unfolded and I found these at the back of some mom and pop store, I'd be disappointed and not want to keep or wear them. Not surprised people are eating up this story though; people need fads to stay interested. I'm boring....I like new, crispy shoes, and the longer I can keep them looking new, the better. I will try on SNKRS for ****s and giggles, but will take my L and move on. The entertainment around this topic/thread is more interesting than the shoes....heh.

Yes, the sheep have all accepted the gimmick now and are eating it up... Expect more of these gimmicks with og colorways for years to come.

Not me. I was passing from the jump. They're literally the 2015's with OG branding on the toungues, with that wack *** aged look. With this BS, they better release the Black/Red's or the Chicago's with the 85 shape, in 2025. But we ALL know, that the swooshes will be Nike Blazer thick, and they'll have duck boot toe boxes. They ALWAYS gotta **** some **** up. I don't know why, but they do.

|l
|l|l|l|l|l
Still a easy pass for me. My 2015 have been worn once. And I like my shoes to look new… Balenciaga got fools going crazy over used dirty looking clothes, and apparently Nike is joining ship.

Same here man, I agree 100%. I'd ACTUALLY be glad when this fad of "Off White" and "Sail" on every damn thing dies. I PRAY it dies a HORRENOUS death, too. Not just shoes, but also on clothes. I absolutely hate my shoes to be slightly yellowed, or dirty looking. I passed on several AJ 1's, and AF1 Highs becuase of this.
Y'all and your cookie cutter *** commentary :lol: there ain't a damn thread on NT where folks don't say some **** like that. "Everyone hates them now but will be trying for them on release day..." "Watch these 'grow' on everyone..." this **** is like listening to workplace small talk or nails on a chalkboard :rofl:

Quiggles706 Quiggles706 lest we forget nike been doing this for a long time, too. The first time I remember seeing it was 2008 with vintage dunks. Then of course we got the vintage AJKOs 2010, vintage air maxes in 2013. I personally prefer pairs from the factory to look new but I wear all my shoes hard anyway so I don't care that much. Customizers that "age" shoes are stupid as hell though, they make brand new shoes straight up dirty. All the pairs I see from them look way more ran through than my actual 15-20+ year old shoes that I own.​

Don't forget about the Vintage aged Vandals, and Terminators that release in 2008-09. I was SUPER pissed they finally released some OG colorways of the Vandal, and they looked like ****. piss yellow soles, and the canvas was dusty looking as ****. I passed on ALL of them. Only to get a few of them a few years ago, because I liked the colorways. Plus, I didn't see them releaasing any Vandals, because NO one likes, or cares about them, but me.

:lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:|l|l|l

Last edited:
Shape isn’t the best. Quality red leather. Overall nice. Not necessary if you have 2015s imo.

Attachments

• 773C45C4-1462-4C20-B13F-90953A2D75D7.jpeg
    773C45C4-1462-4C20-B13F-90953A2D75D7.jpeg
    288.3 KB · Views: 142

Not me. I was passing from the jump. They're literally the 2015's with OG branding on the toungues, with that wack *** aged look. With this BS, they better release the Black/Red's or the Chicago's with the 85 shape, in 2025. But we ALL know, that the swooshes will be Nike Blazer thick, and they'll have duck boot toe boxes. They ALWAYS gotta **** some **** up. I don't know why, but they do.

|l
|l|l|l|l|l

Same here man, I agree 100%. I'd ACTUALLY be glad when this fad of "Off White" and "Sail" on every damn thing dies. I PRAY it dies a HORRENOUS death, too. Not just shoes, but also on clothes. I absolutely hate my shoes to be slightly yellowed, or dirty looking. I passed on several AJ 1's, and AF1 Highs becuase of this.

Don't forget about the Vintage aged Vandals, and Terminators that release in 2008-09. I was SUPER pissed they finally released some OG colorways of the Vandal, and they looked like ****. piss yellow soles, and the canvas was dusty looking as ****. I passed on ALL of them. Only to get a few of them a few years ago, because I liked the colorways. Plus, I didn't see them releaasing any Vandals, because NO one likes, or cares about them, but me.

:lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:|l|l|l
We're alike in that regard. Off the top of my head the only time I've liked the "aged" look is on the AMM 3s. I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of off top.

Pre-aged sneakers has to be one of the DUMBEST concepts to come out of the sneaker community in recent years. Like I've stated in another thread on here, there's a fine line between wearing your shoes and treating them like you're in a USMC bootcamp, but when pairs are worn naturally (and taken care of) it builds character in my opinion. Watching as the leather begins to crease more and more due to breaking in, the midsole going from a pristine white to a pale yellow due to oxidation, until the yellowing becomes more apparent in all lightning and angles. The list goes on. It all tells a story: your story.

People want their shoes aged purely for aesthetics and it ends up looking stupid every time. I have worn my 2016 Black Toes pretty frequently since getting them up until covid hit and I started being inside the house more than I was out. But during the 4 years they were worn often, they were worn through rain, hail, sleet and snow and were on my feet during so many important moments in my life. I wouldn't change it for anything. They're aging both naturally and gracefully which is how it should be. Pre-aged sneakers, especially in an innaccurate, gimmicky way like these lost and found 1s, will never beat naturally aged sneakers when it comes to capturing what that aesthetic is truly about.
20210420_164510.jpg

Back
Top Bottom