Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

Even after seeing more pictures, THESE are just TRASH. UBER TRASH. No way around it. I hate the so called "Aged" look, and they're STILL just the 2015's. I'm just in this thread for the panic and "Armageddon" they'll ensue, on the release date. And NO, my energy WON'T change, in the following months, so PLEASE save them.

💯
Marz just like me forreal! Like, at the end of the day these are still Chicago's and the Chicago colorway is a thing of beauty, but the gimmick behind this release is silly. They aged these in a way that (poorly) imitates the original '85 release yet build wise they're just a glorified retro high mould. Sure some minor improvements were made, but the reimagined pair still looks like a pair of '15s. They hardly even look like the '94 release lol. I'm only here for the shenanigans. I will be sleeping soundly when these drop and I'm not changing my mind. I do, however, hope that all who truly want these get them.
aj18.jpg

(2015)
Air-Jordan-1-Retro-High-OG-Chicago-Reimagined-DZ5485-612-Lead-1.jpg

(2022)
sDBH0tSYTQeGvaGxbqo9.jpg

(1994)

Last edited:
I mean I get the cracked black collar (I guess) but why did the so called “design team” at JB assigned to these think cracked white leather was necessary or even scientifically accurate for what they were going for? To my knowledge and according to all the pictures I’ve seen over the years the white leather on actual OG 1985 Chicagos is still fully in tact to this day and not at all “cracked”. Like seriously wtf is wrong with them? Lol :smh:

Stupid “ashy” bottoms too.

In for a pair to wear probably can paint ther collar pretty easily but this whole new shoes that look like they’ve already been worn out or sat in a box 25 years trend has been goofy af

I mean I get the cracked black collar (I guess) but why did the so called “design team” at JB assigned to these think cracked white leather was necessary or even scientifically accurate for what they were going for? To my knowledge and according to all the pictures I’ve seen over the years the white leather on actual OG 1985 Chicagos is still fully in tact to this day and not at all “cracked”. Like seriously wtf is wrong with them? Lol :smh:

I'm not a Jordan 1 guy, but I've wanted a pair of Chicagos for a long time. Missed the 2015s. I understand why people are knocking these, but I still think they look cool enough and I'd be happy to have a pair. I don't hate the aesthetic, but would definitely prefer just the real, regular version. The cracked white leather definitely doesn't make any sense from any historical or "aged" perspective.

I'm totally making this up based on nothing, but in terms of "why?" they went this way, it almost looks like they don't have a good read on how popular a Chicago 1 really is in terms of big volume. What I mean is, I've seen people speculating--probably correctly--that they drop these now, then the true version another however many years down the road. Typical theory that, this way, tons of people buy them now, then buy them again later due to the differences. We don't know if that sneakertigger account is correct when it says 100K pairs, but if it is? To me it's like, why not just drop a boatload of pairs of the regular version now and make a giant cash killing, rather than this goofy somewhat limited crap? Do they not think they could sell 500K or a million pairs of these like they do with OG XIs? Again, I don't follow 1s closely, but it seems like demand for this colorway will far exceed 100K. I dunno, maybe they're just bored over there at Nike/JB and think this nonsense is fun LOL

I'm not a Jordan 1 guy, but I've wanted a pair of Chicagos for a long time. Missed the 2015s. I understand why people are knocking these, but I still think they look cool enough and I'd be happy to have a pair. I don't hate the aesthetic, but would definitely prefer just the real, regular version. The cracked white leather definitely doesn't make any sense from any historical or "aged" perspective.
Nah, you don’t like 1s. Stay away from these. lol

Son.. I'm just saying, show me 85's where the toe box does that :lol:
ezgif-3-e20133bb42.jpg

sDBH0tSYTQeGvaGxbqo9.jpg

Not sure what you're getting at but okay. As everyone in here knows, especially those before my time that have been into these sneakers, Jordan's have never been uniform across the board, quality wise, and as such, toe box shapes vary greatly among other things especially when factoring in the country a pair comes from. While these two seem to be different sizes for sure, they share a very similar toe box. The '94s just look worse because of the rand coming up a milliliter or two higher and they're also likely a larger size which greatly exaggerates the look of the toe box due to the added length.

Edit: I decided to go ahead and slightly enlarge the picture of those '85s and then layer them over the '94s, lining it up perfectly with the heel as I tried to overlay it in a way that was as 1:1 as I could make it, and like I said, they're not THAT different in regards to the toe but of course this varies with every pair.
sDBH0tSYTQeGvaGxbqo9.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a Jordan 1 guy
Neither am I. But I love certain original colors. To me the thing JB fears the most is the thought of the coveted Chicago colorway sitting like it did maybe in 1995. That def is the last thing they want. I get creating gaps between releases. The shoe released in 2015 and they are stupid now in price. One minute I hear Jordan 1s are an after thought. The next, people are willing to pay 5, 6, 7, hundred plus for a shoe that looks 35 years old right out the box. So if IM confused I can only imagine what JB thinks.
The only 1s that really matter to me are the original color set. Black reds, Chicago, Black Toes. Nothing matters to me other than those.
I cant be picky of course. But this pre aged **** is dumb. I get why people want them. Its the same reason I want the WC3. I wont buy a cracked up shoe though. They really need to scrap that crap. If JB doubts the relevance of the Chi 1, they really have no idea what they are doing.

Personally don’t hate them. Accepted the fact that there’s never gonna be a 1:1 retro and OG’s are out of the realm of affordability. Gonna strike out anyway so it doesn’t matter. I’ve hit on literally nothing this year :lol:

Last edited:
Nike can sell this pre aged **** to the younger gen. They dont care overall. Most are just trying to "have it". But to sell to someone that actually made the brand relevant and has seen these shoes age and has held them important for personal reasons? Them pricks at Nike dont think about those guys. They dont have to.
MAKE THE SHOE NEW. THATS WHAT WE WANT.

My favorite thing about these is how they fixed the angle of the wings logo and used the proper stamped logo. Makes a big difference to me, the wings logo always has bothered me on the high og, how it’s angled differently than the collar is angled. Always looked terrible to me.

Some of these pics we are seeing are fakes. Some of them have a thick ankle collar, and some have a thinner collar like the ‘85s.

ezgif-3-e20133bb42.jpg

sDBH0tSYTQeGvaGxbqo9.jpg

Not sure what you're getting at but okay. As everyone in here knows, especially those before my time that have been into these sneakers, Jordan's have never been uniform across the board, quality wise, and as such, toe box shapes vary greatly among other things especially when factoring in the country a pair comes from. While these two seem to be different sizes for sure, they share a very similar toe box. The '94s just look worse because of the rand coming up a milliliter or two higher and they're also likely a larger size which greatly exaggerates the look of the toe box due to the added length.

Edit: I decided to go ahead and slightly enlarge the picture of those '85s and then layer them over the '94s, lining it up perfectly with the heel as I tried to overlay it in a way that was as 1:1 as I could make it, and like I said, they're not THAT different in regards to the toe but of course this varies with every pair.
sDBH0tSYTQeGvaGxbqo9.jpg

You lost me.. did you mean to quote me on this :lol:

Back
Top Bottom