Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

More pairs=more bots

I mean they made over a million of the last XIs and people still weren’t able to cop easily

Some of y’all weren’t around or into this stuff when Nike used to release things online at 11pm CST and you’d STILL strike out. Eliminating bots doesn’t mean you’re gonna cop. Better chance? Sure you can add them to your cart and get the sold out screen later in process instead of right away.

Eliminate bots and then you’re competing against the hundreds of thousands of other people that took L’s because of bots.

No reason to get upset and demand a revolution for a problem that’ll never get solved, just move on to the next release
I would much rather lose out to people who had to get up and work for the shoes and might actually want to wear them, than to come heartless a-hole who programmed a bot to grab 50 pairs.

So I had a chance to examine the 'sale' sticker on my pairs. I've concluded the placement isn't a telltale sign whether they're fake or not. My pairs have stickers placed below the check and beside the check, and I can guarantee they're store purchased. You have to remember they're manually placed by factory workers so there will be inconsistencies. The only way they'd be consistent is if they were printed onto the box.

Some of the pairs. As you can see, the sticker placement is inconsistent.

20221201_023904.jpg

I thought those stickers were screenprinted until you mentioned it. Never bothered to check. :lol:

PO

So I had a chance to examine the 'sale' sticker on my pairs. I've concluded the placement isn't a telltale sign whether they're fake or not. My pairs have stickers placed below the check and beside the check, and I can guarantee they're store purchased. You have to remember they're manually placed by factory workers so there will be inconsistencies. The only way they'd be consistent is if they were printed onto the box.

Some of the pairs. As you can see, the sticker placement is inconsistent.

20221201_023904.jpg

fake stickets tend to have rounder, less sharp edges. and are a more mustard color than real pairs

Good tips to look for. Keep posting any differences you guys see between real and fake pairs. It will help people buying these on the after market.

D1CA5AF4-6791-49DD-9ACB-878D9F06E626.png

They done gave me access to this BS twice but I couldn’t get one freaking L&F from them smh 🤦🏾‍♂️
Same here; I’m passing so that someone with access can get them since I don’t want them. Hopefully the Sneaker (or SNKRS) Gods bless me up with a pair of L&F for good Karma :lol:

Even though these are the Chicago's and I really want a pair, I still find it really hard to justify paying over $400 for a pair of sneakers. It just boggles my mind how an $180 sneaker is selling for almost triple the price. Including all the taxes and shipping you can legit almost buy a PS5 with that money.

This is one of the biggest shifts I've seen in the last 3-4 years. People willing to pay that $400-600 range without batting an eye. These prices used to be on the high end and on products that had been released 8-10 years ago with little deadstock pairs left. Now you have hyped releases being bought for those prices right off the bat, and it's become the norm.

This is one of the biggest shifts I've seen in the last 3-4 years. People willing to pay that $400-600 range without batting an eye. These prices used to be on the high end and on products that had been released 8-10 years ago with little deadstock pairs left. Now you have hyped releases being bought for those prices right off the bat, and it's become the norm.
About 3-4+ years ago, I would sell any sneaker I had that was worth over $400-500. I didn't feel the need to own any shoes worth that much. But tbh, funds are much better now and I feel a lot more comfortable.

I sold my 2015 Chi 1 for $700 a few years ago, so that helped justify my purchase :stoneface:

Also, paying resell for these is the most I've spent on any sneaker.

Last edited:
Nike won’t increase production nor do they care about the backlash because every person who says they’re done with Nike is on their app for the next release and the next and the next

Nike won't necessarily make more pairs of these or any hyped limited release (wishful thinking by me) because they know 4-10 years they could remake something similar and profit.

It will be 10 years or so since the 2013 1988 style cement IIIs released. And the "reimagined" cement III will drop in 2023.

Nike won’t increase production nor do they care about the backlash because every person who says they’re done with Nike is on their app for the next release and the next and the next
ding ding ding

they cut stock to other retailers and sell more themselves now as well. why sell 100k pairs at wholesale when you can move em on snkrs and elsewhere for full profit??

whether or not nike cares about actually getting more shoes into peoples hands is yet to be seen but they definitely care about the optics of looking like they do lol

I dont think snkrs is going to remain the way it is for much longer only because as it stands theres no way for nike to take credit for actually "battling bots" in a way that they can turn into a optics/marketing win. Whether they make it fair or not doesnt really matter, they want people to "feel" like users have an experience that gives omewhat of fair shot, whether they get a W or not. its all marketing

That is a whole lotta people to get together to pick up their orders.
I remember the first time I lived in Tampa, there was a gentleman named the sneaker Yeti. Man had a van and carried young kids along with him. Did it for all the big releases that were FCFS.

Honestly, I just am thankful for any wins I get today. I don’t bot. I’ll never camp out again. If Nike wants to save me money, cool.

Back
Top Bottom