Jordan 1 OG HIGH “Spider-Verse” 12/14/18

StockX size 10.5. Been low $240s for the last hour or so.
All the reselling pages on IG told the resellers to go after 7-9.5. I just looked at Stock X and of course all those sizes are going $100+ the other sizes except the rare 12.5 is going for the least. It sucks for us in those sizes since resellers ate them up to flip.

47EFE473-72DA-41A3-98F3-71CF28C72E87.jpeg

Got lucky on a couple of raffles as well as SNKRS. Dope in hand. GS on top Mens on bottom

its never a good time to pay resell.

What’s the other option-just simply not having the shoe? If you have the money to pay resell right now, it doesn’t make sense to pass since these will only get more expensive (assuming you really want/like these). Better to spend that money now and get what you really want instead of spending it on 1-2 other releases you don’t like as much.

What’s the other option-just simply not having the shoe? If you have the money to pay resell right now, it doesn’t make sense to pass since these will only get more expensive (assuming you really want/like these). Better to spend that money now and get what you really want instead of spending it on 1-2 other releases you don’t like as much.

i have the money to pay resell on damn near any shoe in the entire world. and there are a handful that i really really wanted. does that mean i should? nah. retail or bust. so yea, if i strike out on a particular shoe, im just gonna move on to the next. theres so so so many releases througout the year. basically 1 every saturday and a few on weekdays. theres no 1 shoe that i MUST GOTTA have that ill pay resell.

u cant go around shelling out crazy money for every thing that u really want. sometimes when youre faced with the option of overpaying for something or not having it, the smart choice is to simply not have it. especially if its a luxury.

thats just me. but im pretty sure alotta other dudes on here are also team retail or bust.
but like i already told dude who asked the question, if he really wants it and he can afford it, he should cop. just imo, its never a good time to pay resell.

i have the money to pay resell on damn near any shoe in the entire world. and there are a handful that i really really wanted. does that mean i should? nah. retail or bust. so yea, if i strike out on a particular shoe, im just gonna move on to the next. theres so so so many releases througout the year. basically 1 every saturday and a few on weekdays. theres no 1 shoe that i MUST GOTTA have that ill pay resell.

u cant go around shelling out crazy money for every thing that u really want. sometimes when youre faced with the option of overpaying for something or not having it, the smart choice is to simply not have it. especially if its a luxury.

thats just me. but im pretty sure alotta other dudes on here are also team retail or bust.
but like i already told dude who asked the question, if he really wants it and he can afford it, he should cop. just imo, its never a good time to pay resell.

Words of wisdom in an NT thread...

May the Based Lawd be with you!

If all Sneakerheads followed this logic. No one would ever have to pay resale...

anyone that cop a GS pair get their shoes with a gold jumpman sticker in the box? never seen that before. my adult pairs didn't come with anything.

Sure but there isn’t a feasible replacement for this shoe since it is a 1/1 Spider-Man OG AJ 1 release.

It’s not like the Concords when you know they will retro in the future-these likely won’t ever retro so “moving on” isn’t really an option, especially if you are an AJ 1 or Spider-Man fan. Real fans would rather spend the extra $80-$100 now vs the insane prices these will likely go for in the future.

I understand not everyone can comfortably spend resell though but my point is that the resell price isn’t THAT insane right now but likely will be in the future. If you’re “retail or bust” I get it but it also means you didn’t want these that badly to pay current market prices.

Though I haven't paid for resell in some time, I need to be on this level.

Can I have some of your money to get me some lol. I lucked up on these and they're the only ones I wanted this year besides concords. Didn't have the money to get concords, so I got these. Thank God for retail. If not I was done.

Does it still count as paying resale price if I sell DS Royals and DS Black Cements (doubled up on both) and the profits on those are > the cost over retail on these?

Does it still count as paying resale price if I sell DS Royals and DS Black Cements (doubled up on both) and the profits on those are > the cost over retail on these?

Yes but you’re offsetting the damage by selling other things to get it

Sure but there isn’t a feasible replacement for this shoe since it is a 1/1 Spider-Man OG AJ 1 release.

It’s not like the Concords when you know they will retro in the future-these likely won’t ever retro so “moving on” isn’t really an option, especially if you are an AJ 1 or Spider-Man fan. Real fans would rather spend the extra $80-$100 now vs the insane prices these will likely go for in the future.

I understand not everyone can comfortably spend resell though but my point is that the resell price isn’t THAT insane right now but likely will be in the future. If you’re “retail or bust” I get it but it also means you didn’t want these that badly to pay current market prices.

at the end of the day, these are just sneakers. very expensive already overpriced ones without even factoring resell prices yet. when it comes to luxuries like these theres ALWAYS an option to say no. no1 NEEDS luxuries like $200 jordans. theres always an option to move on and not cop spider man themed jordan 1s.

i think people are so passionate about certain kicks that they mistake their want for em so badly as a need. nah bud, u just really really like and really want the shoes. you dont need em tho.

retail or bust means we want the kicks, maybe just as bad or even more badly than you do.....but the diff is i love my money more than a pair of kicks. so im not going to shell out more than what i should be paying for sneakers just to line the pockets of somebody who was greedy and hoarded mad pairs just so they can overcharge people. because lets face it....if you pay more than the retail price, youre letting sum1 overcharge you.

and if im gonna let myself get overcharged on something, if i MUST, then itd b on a car. and not on a pair of kicks that i might wear once in a while.

at the end of the day, these are just sneakers. very expensive already overpriced ones without even factoring resell prices yet. when it comes to luxuries like these theres ALWAYS an option to say no. no1 NEEDS luxuries like $200 jordans. theres always an option to move on and not cop spider man themed jordan 1s.

i think people are so passionate about certain kicks that they mistake their want for em so badly as a need. nah bud, u just really really like and really want the shoes. you dont need em tho.

retail or bust means we want the kicks, maybe just as bad or even more badly than you do.....but the diff is i love my money more than a pair of kicks. so im not going to shell out more than what i should be paying for sneakers just to line the pockets of somebody who was greedy and hoarded mad pairs just so they can overcharge people. because lets face it....if you pay more than the retail price, youre letting sum1 overcharge you.

and if im gonna let myself get overcharged on something, if i MUST, then itd b on a car. and not on a pair of kicks that i might wear once in a while.

this is what "adulting" means

Can I have some of your money to get me some lol. I lucked up on these and they're the only ones I wanted this year besides concords. Didn't have the money to get concords, so I got these. Thank God for retail. If not I was done.

im glad u at least managed to cop a pair that u like, even tho it wasnt the concords. right now u might be feeling that u need those concords still etc....but a few months from now youre gonna look back and be like ehhhh didnt know why i was trippin so hard.

Back
Top Bottom