Jordan 1 OG High "White/Black" Releasing 11/8/14

Shout out to @AirThompson for posting about WSS. Repped x5. My bro ended up getting a second pair and then found a mom and pop close by that had my 10.5 so I got my second for retail.

May need a third pair because my CDP look so basic now. :lol:

Congrats to the NTers that ate. @SoleWoman Hope you got your pair?

Ummm, the original post had nothing to do with the factory defects.  Had to do with a pair that was clearly tried on, lace bag ripped off, and looked like someone had taken his shoe paper,  balled  it up and was shooting into the trash as if the stock boy had some makeshift bball game in the back (I'm clearly being facetious). And I don't know where you live, but I can guarantee you, you ask for a discount because of the aforementioned, they're gonna laugh right of the store in Houston. Then, the guy behind you is just going to buy them regardless of how nice you are. If they're some GR shoe, that may be an option for you. If they're limited, good luck with an extra pair your size to be available. I do believe Ralph had a guaranteed ticket or won a raffle. That said, if they're already accounted for, no one should have been trying them on to begin with. 

Now if you're talking NDC, they at times will give you a discount. Other times they'll simple tell you to send the shoes back and get a refund. It really depends on who you get. FTL, Eastbay, FA online is the same way. 
if you have a valid complaint in real life, they will give discount, seen it, done it. No laughing involved, maybe hesitation but most kids do not know how to talk to people these days, they just revert to a tweet, perhaps a gif or whine in a forum looking for solace 
You are 100% correct about the way some people go about their "request." But if they're super limited and just depending on the store, they're not going to give any sort of discount HERE. Mainly because they know they're going to sell regardless of whether it's you or the person behind you. It seems the same type of people that do the tweeting are the ones behind the counter at brick and mortars.  It's almost an exercise in futility. It could also be entirely the area I'm living in, too.  In my own experience, Nike for the most part has had the most courteous customer service. Not to say I haven't encountered an a** bag or two ... but that's everywhere - it's life.  

Last edited:
So which pair do you prefer for the color blocking (please don't being up leather quality)? These or the Vegas 1? I think that these squeak by those but l I've both pairs.

What's with the text ("Nike and the Swoosh..) on the flip side of the Nike Air tongue label being so visible looking at the front of the shoe?!

I checked out a few pairs and they all had this apparent defect.

I didn't cop Black Reds, Royals or Black Toes so I'm guessing they have the same thing going on?

Looking at a pair of Sport Blue KOs the Nike tag on the tongue is placed perfectly with no text overlapping onto the front of the tongue.

Just crappy QC as usual I suspect..

What's with the text ("Nike and the Swoosh..) on the flip side of the Nike Air tongue label being so visible looking at the front of the shoe?!

I didn't cop Black Reds, Royals or Black Toes so I'm guessing they have the same thing going on?

Looking at a pair of Sport Blue KOs the Nike tag on the tongue is placed perfectly with no text overlapping onto the front of the tongue.

That's normal with lot of the na 1s. Mine aren't like that though

it's normal

Last edited:
Jus let me know when these are going for the same price as the black toes on flightclub. size 12 black toes are going for $400 at FC right now.

FC always overcharges, everyone knows that. Second of all, black toes came out well over a year ago so I would expect them to be going for a steeper price. However, imo I feel these black/whites will continue to popularize and go up in value, especially once ds pairs start to go extinct. I wouldn't be surprised to see these jump up in value quicker than the black toes did based on quality and how these are arguably more wearable than any other Jordan 1 OG color way to date based on color blocking...again, arguably...

If these released when the Blacktoes did they both would be going for the same price now. Blacktoes and Shadows were reselling for the same price as these are when they 1st released (I would even say Blacktoes had a little less demand).

I agree with that. The black/whites might not be the most popular AJ 1 OG color way, but there is no denying that it's sleek.

I ended up *********** around at around 8:30 thru the mobile site and added a pair to my cart .. didn't think much of it because i had the loading screen thru mobile but i checked 30minutes later and they were added into my cart.. none of the 15% codes worked but i still got em , thanks Jordan brand :D !!! got my size 12

These are my feelings towards the Nike IT department 
HAHAH Yea, Same here. I struck out online but was thankfully able to pick up pairs in person. 
I can see through my My size label on the box . On all my other 1s, that is not the case. Anybody else. Everything else on the shoes check out so far. I bought off of ebay of course.
I automatically noticed this when i was checking out at HOH. They are different than the other og 1's labels. I'm sure you're pair is legit. 
For one, the padding is the same as the Baron 1s; the padding is really lacking compared to the other 1s.
IMO the padding on the Barons ankle is way thicker than these. The Barons padding feels like a temperpedic mattress compared to the rest of the og's. The leather on the black whites is softer than the barons. Black leather is the same on both barons and BLK/WHT

No big deal though. 

These better live up to all the hype here on quality when I get my pair in or I'm unrepping all of ya'll!

:evil:

Last edited:
FC always overcharges, everyone knows that. Second of all, black toes came out well over a year ago so I would expect them to be going for a steeper price. However, imo I feel these black/whites will continue to popularize and go up in value, especially once ds pairs start to go extinct. I wouldn't be surprised to see these jump up in value quicker than the black toes did based on quality and how these are arguably more wearable than any other Jordan 1 OG color way to date based on color blocking...again, arguably...
I agree with that. The black/whites might not be the most popular AJ 1 OG color way, but there is no denying that it's sleek.
Yea id say flightclub is a bit high but are usually about 20% over average resell price since that's what they keep so u can factor that in as well. But it's a good gauge to see what shoes are going for compared to others. They are #1 ya know. And your specific opinion on this particular shoe being "more wearable" than any other OG High Aj1s, well that is only your opinion. As for your speculation on how the shoe is gonna do on the resell market, who knows. WAY too early to tell anyway. I personally don't care what theure gomma he going for. I bought these black/whites to wear. As well as the black toes, and i don't plan on ever selling either of them.

Last edited:
Yea id say flightclub is a bit high but are usually about 20% over average resell price since that's what they keep so u can factor that in as well. But it's a good gauge to see what shoes are going for compared to others. They are #1 ya know. And your specific opinion on this particular shoe being "more wearable" than any other OG High Aj1s, well that is only your opinion. As for your speculation on how the shoe is gonna do on the resell market, who knows. WAY too early to tell anyway. I personally don't care what theure gomma he going for. I bought these black/whites to wear. As well as the black toes, and i don't plan on ever selling either of them.
it is an opinion, but hard to argue that matching black/white is quite simple compared to any other colorway..

That don't mean it's gonna jump to royal, bred, or shadow status or even black toes. Like u said its a hear behind and those others are gonna continue to go up as well.
oh hell no, I wasn't jumping to that conclusion.  Didn't mean to insinuate that lol..

Obviously it's my own opinion, that's why I used the word "arguably", because it is debatable.

Back
Top Bottom