Jordan 11 Low Snakeskin - April 19th 2019

I think folks like the Bone pair more because of the similarity to the Drake joints but these are the best. I was on the fence about Bones but I want them.. I think they might move a little faster than these though but I sure am hoping for that same disco treatment.

And like someone said a lot of the pairs I see are practically flawless minus their weird shape/PL cut that doesn't matter much on lows :lol:

I think the bone pair looks more neutral and can be worn with more things... but the majority of my wardrobe is blue, so these work for me, but I still think the bone pair look better. Maybe if I had bought the blue python Le Vian watch years ago, but it's long gone. :frown:

Great video, as always, Marvin. Thanks a million for your content.
As the dumbass (the way it looks right now) who bought three pairs of these for full MSRP, it on one hand depresses me. This release is basically an entirely different shoe than the 2001 OG. It's only "inspired" by the original pair, and that's it. At best.
That said, it's a sick shoe on its own. But damn, we (well at least some of us) complain about differences in the BC IV thread ... I guess I forgot when it comes to these. Like, wow. The MFers at Nike strike again ... :smh:
I'm not that bent over it because I still love these on their own, so I'm happy in that bubble. But yeah, no, nowhere close to the 2001s. Because it's not an OG that Mike wore in games, I guess I give it more of a pass. Still wish it was like the actual OG pair, yet I still love them on their own. JFC, though, JB/NIke. Tired old story.

That said, it's a sick shoe on its own. But damn, we (well at least some of us) complain about differences in the BC IV thread ... I guess I forgot when it comes to these. Like, wow. The MFers at Nike strike again ... :smh: But yeah, no, nowhere close to the 2001s. I wish it was like the actual OG pair, yet I still love them on their own. JFC, though, JB/NIke. Tired old story.

It is a sick shoe on it's own, but I agree it's the same tired old story with Nike/JB. They are just cheap and they jack things up. But they sure do want our $185 for a stupid low. No way they should be that much.

Saw these in person at the mall yesterday, super fresh pair regardless of comparison to OGs. I love me some 11 lows though. Crossing my fingers I can scoop for 150-160 soon enough.
I’ll pay retail if need be, but since I made it to this point - I feel like I have to hold out.

It is a sick shoe on it's own, but I agree it's the same tired old story with Nike/JB. They are just cheap and they jack things up.

Saw these in person at the mall yesterday, super fresh pair regardless of comparison to OGs. I love me some 11 lows though.
Yeah, that's why I'm not really even mad about it, but I do think the OGs were even cooler. But I'm wearing my new ones again today and they are bad ***. Still super happy to have them.

im sure most of you that dont care about the materials never had the original release, this new suede their using is horrible. I wanted these until I held them then changed my mind after feeling like they would be hard to clean and didn't seem like they would hold up. the original snake material was dope it was actual synthetic snakeskin. I could not believe they did this release so bad, these reminded me of the material the olive woman's 11's are made out of just complete garbage jb. I was actually salty because I waited a long time for these and am not a fan of suede.

im sure most of you that dont care about the materials never had the original release, this new suede their using is horrible. I wanted these until I held them then changed my mind after feeling like they would be hard to clean and didn't seem like they would hold up. the original snake material was dope it was actual synthetic snakeskin. I could not believe they did this release so bad, these reminded me of the material the olive woman's 11's are made out of just complete garbage jb. I was actually salty because I waited a long time for these and am not a fan of suede.
I didn't own the 2001 but I've seen and held it plenty of times. Don't get me wrong, I definitely care. I wish these were more like the OGs. But--and I don't usually say this when JB makes these dumbass changes to retros--I still love these on their own regardless of what the OG was like. I'm not worried about the suede-ish snakeskin or it being hard to clean. It takes me a long time to really dirty up a shoe, anyway, so personally it's like, meh, whatever. I definitely hear you, though.

909ED9DC-6E5A-4276-B645-F4FCB6D538FE.jpeg

Did they give a reason for the changes to the snakeskin?

The 2019s looks completely different from the 2001s.

Did they give a reason for the changes to the snakeskin?

The 2019s looks completely different from the 2001s.
No. Who the **** knows. This might seem to go against what I've already said in this thread, but it pisses me the **** off in the mood I am in right now. It's also not that serious, and I try to chill on it.
BUT ... I have ridden out this retro stuff for years. YEARS. I skipped all the dark-era garbage from, I dunno, 2006-2014 or thereabouts. And Nike has made some improvements to certain retros in the past few years. But damn. Now I think about what I just typed: I sat it out for EIGHT years. Now at 40 and change, they are still dicking around. I still buy and I always will (but only to a degree), but it's a giant EFF YOU from them. Crooked Nike Air logos, different color airbags on the Uptempo 95s, etc etc etc etc. What a bunch of jerkoffs. Seriously.

The thing I think would be a big selling point is that with the snakeskin, you wouldn't noticed the creasing like you do with the patent leather ones.

I want to grab a pair for this summer

Crooked Nike Air logos, different color airbags on the Uptempo 95s, etc etc etc etc. What a bunch of jerkoffs. Seriously.

Don't even get me started on all of this. I really get pissed off when I see the games they play and how cheap this company is, yet they are so greedy with the price points. Even the Jumpman Pro's, back in the day even THOSE were made well. My friend was excited when they were going to retro, but when he saw the cheap garbage materials and how they executed them, he passed. They even used plastic instead of carbon fiber. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom