Jordan 46's???

The purpose of business is profit, make as much money as you can....u really think jordan can survive without continuing to milk the original line of jordans?

Hopefully not but hey, I know the resellers can't be mad at that.
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Elpablo21 stated that the purpose of business is profit, essentially yes, that is the main purpose. I know Jordan could have survived without ever having tolace up a pair of Nikes, since Nike was one of many endorsers and he was also getting paid by the NBA. However, Jordan Brand is not Jordan's company, theprofits aren't his alone, so though Jordan can survive, many others would have less money. The special on Nike last night talked about how Jordan Brandeven though it is a subsidiary, contributes a very large portion of Nike's annual $16billion earnings.

Originally Posted by AIRGOLDEN2123

Elpablo21 stated that the purpose of business is profit, essentially yes, that is the main purpose. I know Jordan could have survived without ever having to lace up a pair of Nikes, since Nike was one of many endorsers and he was also getting paid by the NBA. However, Jordan Brand is not Jordan's company, the profits aren't his alone, so though Jordan can survive, many others would have less money. The special on Nike last night talked about how Jordan Brand even though it is a subsidiary, contributes a very large portion of Nike's annual $16billion earnings.

sorry i meant the brand wouldnt survive not Jordan himself, but definitely a great point

Jordans have always been about money. If Nike wasn't in it for the money they never would have put his shoes out to begin with. Everything Nike does is formoney. Believe what you want but it's all about the money.

BTW - can we get the 45 first?

The Jordan signature line will end at 23.

Next years Jordan will be called Air Jordan 2009 or something like that.

The date: February 23rd 2030
The time: 7:46 a.m.
The dialouge: US (NT'ers): I can't believe I am in line for these shoes ... I remember watching that CNBC show 22 years ago when they said it will be aJordan 46 but who knew ...
Another fellow NT'er in line next to him: *&^% JB (has been saying that for years) damn it... I am 52 I can't be doing this for too muchlonger...............

and the saga continues... Jordan Brand will neeevveerr stop.. I think of Jordan Brand as a car company.. I'll take the DODGE CHARGER for example (since Iown one)... The ORIGINAL Charger came out in the mid 60's and to this day they produce a new car/style for the DODGE CHARGER each and every year... as doMANY car companies that have been around for 40, 50+ years...

Jordan Brand is the SHOE version of a CAR company... and will forever be... pumping out a new product with each passing year.. what will stop it? NOTHING...nothing at all.. so it is what it is... no matter what ... JB WILL sell... they WILL produce... they WILL have consumers.. oh well...

For Pete's sake, how many times is this going to come up? Whether they continuing making a numerically designated AirJordan is somewhat still in the air. However, you can be 100% certain that there will be a flagship, $175+ MSRP Jordan basketball shoe each year, whether itbe a Air Jordan ELEV8, Air Jordan XX4, etc. It just depends on how you perceive things.

If BMW discontinued the M3 line, but still put out a sports coupe with the exact same performance specs, styling, etc.,sans the M badge, I don't think there would be a huge issue with hardcore Bimmer fans. If JB still releases a shoe that is designed to be the greatestbasketball performance shoe in the industry, I don't care that it doesn't have a Roman (or Roman/Arabic) numeral somewhere on the tag. As long as itcontinues in the tradition of the previous 23 models, it shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Man if you a real Jordan head them stopping at 23 is crazy. Jordan didnt ever wear the 9's on court they are still going to sell out in the pack and ifthey released seperately. He never wore the 20's, 21's, or 22's but they still sell and the magic is still there. watching the Nike show on CNBCand seeing Jordan has so much to do with the shoes now almost more than he did when he played. I know they will never stop. Yall will complain and then be onhere saying your coppin them. Real J fans will never lose the magic.

i saw swoosh:inside nike and i think he just meant he wants jordan brand to be a timeless brand because it lasted 23 years he just wants it to keep going notmake 23 more shoes

If JB ran ever ran into any financial issues (don't know how), there will be a XXIV in our future

I'm done after all the packages this year. It is starting to cost too much money, and Mike isn't even playing anymore. I t doesn't matter to meafter 23. I have all my memories with the shoes, good times camping out, and chasing after the shoes. I have all my good memories of Mj playing and so on.I'm done after the 23 packages this year. Unless they retro columbia 9's, black/red 9's, PLAYOFF 13'S ETC. It has benn fun everybody, but If Idon't stop and the same with some people on here, We will just be spending money forever. I don't mean to upset anybody this is just my opinion. Also,I have been on niketalk since 2001, with EKIN702 and all of them.

chuck taylor all-stars have been around since 1917, so i can only imagine that jordan will last a very long time as well

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

Man if you a real Jordan head them stopping at 23 is crazy. Jordan didnt ever wear the 9's on court they are still going to sell out in the pack and if they released seperately. He never wore the 20's, 21's, or 22's but they still sell and the magic is still there. watching the Nike show on CNBC and seeing Jordan has so much to do with the shoes now almost more than he did when he played. I know they will never stop. Yall will complain and then be on here saying your coppin them. Real J fans will never lose the magic.

Good things dont last forever...... when 46's drop, the only ppl that kud hav been alive ta c Mike play will lyk 40! n Mike himself will b 60somthing..... The tourche has ta b passed at some point...

they should just stop it at 23 then retro one pair number in various colors per year over the next 23 years.

Back
Top Bottom