Jordan 8 Doernbecher on the way...

Why so much hate on db viiii.i think the shoe is actually hotter than those penny max it will be fcfs but this will be last straw nypd wants releases shut down ,they have min presence at these big releases

Why so much hate on db viiii.i think the shoe is actually hotter than those penny max it will be fcfs but this will be last straw nypd wants releases shut down ,they have min presence at these big releases
i think the DB viii are dope, as a knicks fan always welcome blue and orange lol, passing on the pennys not feeling the whole 49'ers vibe.

i still can't see that happening, when they released the DB 9's they did RSVP for jordans and the rest of the shoes were FCFS and it was complete chaos. 1500+ people outside, Tiffanys is right next door to Niketown they werent having it. Since it was in the news a gun was pulled at a sneaker release, im guessing a raffle or wrist bands. Its starting to not be worth the hassle for these shoes anymore.

Last edited:
Can't even imagine what it's like coppin Js on the streets of Nyc, don't wanna know either.

Last edited:
i can't see them doing FCFS for dbs anymore, look how the federer campout was at mercer. DB's have way more hype. We shall see though
things change in the blink of an eye. I made that comment before the mercer situation and still believe fcfs is better than RSVP but highly unlikely it'll happen at this point

things change in the blink of an eye. I made that comment before the mercer situation and still believe fcfs is better than RSVP but highly unlikely it'll happen at this point
i definitely agree, FCFS you're more likely to get a pair than RSVP due bots. I've gotten lucky passed few DB releases got through manual on RSVP on the 9's and 5's. but we shall see what they decide to do. When they released the db 4's years ago they did wristbands but that was a different era back then.

i definitely agree, FCFS you're more likely to get a pair than RSVP due bots. I've gotten lucky passed few DB releases got through manual on RSVP on the 9's and 5's. but we shall see what they decide to do. When they released the db 4's years ago they did wristbands but that was a different era back then.
That was a completely different time, way less ppl fiending for shoes back then. They did fcfs for slam dunks and were probably going to do so for these. Now it's probably gonna be a raffle

That was a completely different time, way less ppl fiending for shoes back then. They did fcfs for slam dunks and were probably going to do so for these. Now it's probably gonna be a raffle
yup it was and those were the days, now a days its almost like crack fiends. I think they had for the DB 9's atleast around 750 pairs from what i heard at NTNY. If the same holds true for the 8's thats a lot of phone calls lol.

yup it was and those were the days, now a days its almost like crack fiends. I think they had for the DB 9's atleast around 750 pairs from what i heard at NTNY. If the same holds true for the 8's thats a lot of phone calls lol.
yup, if I was on point back then like I am now I would have a lot more kicks like ray Allen viiis etc. At least nike has a ton of employees to make phone calls. Mercer has like 10 employees total.

This sneaker craze has to pass eventually, right?
I wish the kids would re-popularize Doc Martins, Guess Boots, Birkenstocks, Cole Haan Slip-ons, you know, shoes I will never wear again.
I'll be in retro J's @ 70yrs of age so I'm a lifer but, I just want to be able to grab what I like a few days after release again.

Last edited:
yup, if I was on point back then like I am now I would have a lot more kicks like ray Allen viiis etc. At least nike has a ton of employees to make phone calls. Mercer has like 10 employees total.
same here bro, so many shoes i coulda got with no issues, weathermans, pretty much all of the db's etc.

This sneaker craze has to pass eventually, right?
I wish the kids would re-popularize Doc Martins, Guess Boots, Birkenstocks, Cole Haan Slip-ons, you know, shoes I will never wear again.
I'll be in retro J's @ 70yrs of age so I'm a lifer but, I just want to be able to grab what I like a few days after release again.
doubt it, Nikes market experts are trying to avoid that. Instead of increasing production and making more now, they are limiting production on their hot products which keeps increasing demand.

same here bro, so many shoes i coulda got with no issues, weathermans, pretty much all of the db's etc.
yup, wouldve been nice. Now everyone and their mother are trying to cop 10 pairs of kicks weekly

It has to pass though.
All good things must end, the market experts can only curve that so much.

Making a shoe unlimited doesn't matter if the market is uninterested.

Nikes market experts probably have 1million+ handles on IG.

Last edited:
It has to pass though.
All good things must end, the market experts can only curve that so much.

Making a shoe unlimited doesn't matter if the market is uninterested.

Nikes market experts probably have 1million+ handles on IG.
and they are prolly buying the kicks to make it even more harder to get to boost the hyperbest meter up on them so people would be force to pay 1300 from their nike owned ebay listings..

Glad they didn't do an XI model, wouldn't be able to deal with that 
sick.gif

Interested to see official pics of the 8's
yes it would have been catastrophic.. i hope they NEVER touch that shoe.. let them do XVI's instead

Yo @alp  did somebody really have the burner at 21 mercer and NTNYC for the tennis joints 
sick.gif

No ventilation on the side of a model which already has breathability that is basically non existent. Just think of the type of athlete's foot Michael would have got playing in these
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I'm wondering if prices are gonna increase on eBay like they did for slam dunk 6s after release, that really surprised me and caught me off guard thought they were gonna be round 400 like pre-order prices but I was terribly wrong. Guessing 8s will be 5 max and pennys 4 after release. Well see though. Either way im gonna end up paying 300 for either lol

Back
Top Bottom