Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

great concept, but JB will mess it up. Better materials, but they still can't get the damn shape of the shoe right.

The more replies I read, wasn't there a discussion or article about MJ saying he wanted JB to be a "luxury" brand? On some conspiracy ****, what if prices keep rising til they like 300 or so with that "premium" leather from the OG releases or better?

Started buying in 2011?.....lol....I still have my concords from 95 bud
So you should know that quality on retro's have been awful for a good while now, before 2011, going for both Nike and JB.

Edit: Anyway, not like it matters, just a joke, at least when I "fix" posts it's in a joking manner not a sarcastic condescending manner if that's how you took it.

Last edited:
Yes but nike retros were more than half decent from 2008 to 2010.....moreso the pippen 1s penny 2s garnett 3s cb34s total uptempos flight 95 and 96 and the trainer 94s. Im satisfied with all of them . The cheap pleather of the sides of the duke uptempo from 2011 wasnt a big deal to me until they decided to use it for the whole upper in the nike tempos

$200 AHHHH man I ain't paying that ish........C'mon who ya'll fooling with that! You know we'll see you in the first thread hypebeasting! I'll be here but only purchasing what I need or all time favorites!

I'll believe it when I see it. Not trying to be negative about this, but the whole thing just seems like another one of their marketing tactics to raise the price. Granted that j's are not premium luxury shoes, even at the price we're paying for these currently they could have made it a little more decent. Good thing I have most of what I want already so I'm pretty much done, except for a few upcoming releases. Hopefully what they're saying is true though.

Exactly.

Who gives a **** about the jumpman? Its really hard to mess up a Nike swoosh...

Do that and correct the damn shape.

Hell, tell MJ to bring his original shoes in from home and copy those. ****.

SOMEBODY working there has an original release AJ4 that can be referenced...

if you read the article they said they looked at all the OG and retro versions of a shoe to see what changed. they have pairs of all that stuff at the Nike HQ

so unless we're not looking at the final versions of the shoes coming out next year (wishful thinking, but possible, since their factories are still producing shoes with the current molds) they thought they got close enough I guess. I definitely don't feel as tho the samples they showed fully reflect their bold claims that they got "as close as humanly possible to the OG" in any case. I really think getting the shape right is very humanly possible :lol:

Last edited:
it's pretty crazy how much the quality control has dimished since around '07. They never really had quality problems with the first era of retros, and realistically the retros resembled their OG counterparts. And now they're trying to improve their products back to where they started, so expect to see higher prices. As much as i don't like it, if they're putting more attention on the aesthetics and overall quality, the factory workers need that $$$.

thats not true.
The first retro with quality issues were the 2000 aj 6.
While the upper materials were good, the paintjob was crap. My black/infareds had paint chipping after a few wears at the heel of the midsole, my white/navys peeled off after one wear!
Then the 2001 true blues 3, aj 9 retros (2002) also had paint crack issues.
but indeed, since 2007 it got even worse.

believe me. Real collectors would pay 20 bucks more for a jordan retro that would come very close to the og.
here is an example:
Spend 170 on a aj6 black/red with nubuck upper, jumpman, no 3m
Or
190 with durabuck upper, nike air and 3m?
True statement. 

OG

THIS IS THE LAST THING IM GONNA SAY IN THIS THREAD

MAKE OG 1'S IN ORIGINAL COLORS WITH PREMIUM HIGH QUALITY LEATHER AND SELL EM AT $300+

THATS ALL I WANT

/THREAD
% wise, if we miss out we might have to pay $1000 resell lol

I'm almost pretty sure that with all the "higher quality" talk coming from JR means they will jack up the prices in 2015 almost 25-30%

this is a gimmick people. they have re- released every shoe like 3-4 times per colorway and they know eventually they have to give people a reason to keep buying the same shoe over and over again. but don't blame them, blame us because we buy all these shoes like some fiends. I do hope they up their quality though, some of these retros are garbage. I wish I could ball in retros, but I know the newer tech in the new shoes out are much better. I hope they can change that aspect, not just for looks but for people that want to ball in retros too.

this is a gimmick people. they have re- released every shoe like 3-4 times per colorway and they know eventually they have to give people a reason to keep buying the same shoe over and over again. but don't blame them, blame us because we buy all these shoes like some fiends. I do hope they up their quality though, some of these retros are garbage. I wish I could ball in retros, but I know the newer tech in the new shoes out are much better. I hope they can change that aspect, not just for looks but for people that want to ball in retros too.
Bingo. I be trying to explain this to my co-worker. This price hike is totally absurd. The $160 price hike from a few years ago was already ridiculous. Now you want to tack on an additional $40 or so and give us "premium" materials? LOL! $160 should've been the price for the "premium" material. Jordan IV's have the exact same technology since 1989. So what the heck are we paying extra for? Tumbled leather? C'mon man, that's ridiculous. Creasing will still happen as well as the paint chipping. The only way I'd be happy about this is if they released maybe one or two premium models a year. No, they got like 7 IV's slated for release next year which will be at least $1400 or so. It burns me up because nowadays true collectors only make up 2% of the shoe buying market so our voices can't be heard. NTers see through this garbage. The outside world are dumb sheep who are going to keep eating up everything Nike throws their way.

And for those that don't know, at least 3 previous releases were run as tests. Banned I's is one of them. The price they demand on the resell market for quality materials gave Jordan Brand the "dollar signs in the eyes" face. Simply put, they then realized simply improving the material, they can demand more $$$ and the consumer will feel obligated to pay because of the noticeable improvements. This was a test my friends. The '88 III's was a test as well. No way should "Nike Air" have fetched $200, especially after the shoe just released 2 years prior. That whole "commemorating the dunk championship" garbage was a gimmick. Again, Nike was testing the market with first the retail, then the resell. A minor tweak as far as going back closer to the OG roots, they raised the price by $40 and we consumers ate that up. Many will argue that the quality was an improvement and I say they're fools. Reason I say that is because if you think the '88's quality was better, I bet it'll be light years behind these new premium models meaning the $40 price hike was for "Nike Air" alone. The shoe wasn't even as limited as originally thought. And lastly, last year's Fear Pack. As much as I love my IV's, that too was a test. "Will people buy a $175 Jordan III or IV?" The answer, yes, yes we did. What justified that price tag for the shoe? The quality? Meh, whatever. That was nothing more than a test to see what are we as consumers honestly willing to pay for shoes.

It's time to start re-thinking my beloved hobby. I have been collecting for going on 14 years now. I have slowed down dramatically but my heart is still with this. Collecting is my passion. However, the last few years I have begun to hate this crap. I can continue throwing Jordan Brand my money, start copping older heat for cheap since all these sheep are copping everything that releases, or switch over to the PE market (which I'm in the process of doing now). Decisions, decisions...

So my consensus is let's get closer to the OG and OG prices.
roll.gif
never gonna happen though.
Nah my man, you're missing the point. These prices are out of control. Realistically, they should've NEVER been $160/$170 for ALL retroes in the first place. $160/$170 for a pair of shoes is NOT cheap (this is coming from someone who has spent $1000+ for a pair of shoes). $160/$170 should be the price for "premium" Jordan's. Crap materials, crap shapes, and crap quality for a pair of shoes I'm spending $170 on should have never been tolerated. Now Jordan Brand "has heard the complaints from the fans" and is reacting accordingly? When did they hear the voice of the fans? We been complaining about their quality for YEARS! They spent the last two years jacking the prices up so when they bring out these "premium" models, they can charge us an arm and a leg. Seriously, what justified the price jump from $160 in 2012/early '13 to $170 in late '13/2014? The quality didn't get any better. Now all they're going to do is bring back Chicago X's 3 years later, make the leather a bit softer and stitch #45 on them and BAM! $200 price tag. Utterly ridiculous. Jordan's are non-functional. The retro technology is outdated. Hooping in them is a risk. Wear them too much (too much being 10-20 wears) and they start to chip and peel. Clear soles yellow whether you wear them or not. Comfort is a hit-or-miss thing.

I hate complaining because no one is forcing me to buy/collect but since I am a collector and this has become a lifestyle for the last decade+, I just realistically want my money's worth. I don't like the feeling of being shafted or taken advantage of/taken for a fool. I'm educated enough to know when big business is trying to pull a fast one and this my friends is a prime example.

complaint fest in here

realistically what 3s/4s/5s/6s have you guys worn a lot that didnt chip, cuz I haven't had any

you guys keep complaining about that and they're gonna over compensate like they did with the yellowing issue, probably replace all the soles with lunarlon

My 09 true blue IIIs.....took about 50 wears and numerous cleanings before I saw a crack in the midsoles. And the complaints are well warranted cause its the same song and dance weve been hearing...

Last edited:
complaint fest in here

realistically what 3s/4s/5s/6s have you guys worn a lot that didnt chip, cuz I haven't had any

you guys keep complaining about that and they're gonna over compensate like they did with the yellowing issue, probably replace all the soles with lunarlon

could be wrong, but I have never owned nor seen anyone else with some chipped 6's...and all these people over at that company need to do is upgrade their supplies because the complaints have been here for years..lol

thats not true.
The first retro with quality issues were the 2000 aj 6.
While the upper materials were good, the paintjob was crap. My black/infareds had paint chipping after a few wears at the heel of the midsole, my white/navys peeled off after one wear!
Then the 2001 true blues 3, aj 9 retros (2002) also had paint crack issues.
but indeed, since 2007 it got even worse.

My 09 true blue IIIs.....took about 50 wears and numerous cleanings before I saw a crack in the midsoles. And the complaints are well warranted cause its the same song and dance weve been hearing...

could be wrong, but I have never owned nor seen anyone else with some chipped 6's...and all these people over at that company need to do is upgrade their supplies because the complaints have been here for years..lol

maybe jumpman cbt2 jumpman cbt2 just has some fat a** feet lol

Back
Top Bottom