Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

lets hope they give us some seriously better quality, cuz we all know that price hike is coming reguardless.

im sure nike sees all the people willing to spend big money on high-end sneakers (slp, balenciaga, balmain, etc- sorry if i spelled wrong) retail price alone on most of these designer sneakers trumps most jordans even at resale prices

High end materials and high end construction = a high price..

will the quality increase justify the price increase, prob. not.

Their motives MIGHT be genuine and not a facade like many here think, because i'm pretty sure if they raised the price anyway without giving their explanation of why (which they could have done) majority of people would still complain while in line to buy the next XIs 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Their motives MIGHT be genuine and not a facade like many here think, because i'm pretty sure if they raised the price anyway without giving their explanation of why (which they could have done) majority of people would still complain while in line to buy the next XIs :lol:  

:rofl: their motives aren't genuine by any means.

Their motives MIGHT be genuine and not a facade like many here think, because i'm pretty sure if they raised the price anyway without giving their explanation of why (which they could have done) majority of people would still complain while in line to buy the next XIs 
laugh.gif

2zyx1j6.jpg

This is just an excuse to raise the prices even more. Nike sees the signs. If people are willing to pay over $500 resale for some retros why not charge that up front and give the illusion of better quality. 

:rofl: their motives aren't genuine by any means.
All i'm saying is they really didn't need all the blog press for retros to sell at 200+, hype is at an all time high for JB right now :rofl:  

It's just another marketing move. They are playing off the fact that a large portion of their buyers are younger people that don't even know what an OG mold really looks like. The Columbia and Oreo 4 sample pics have nothing near an og or even a 99 mold.

It's just another marketing move. They are playing off the fact that a large portion of their buyers are younger people that don't even know what an OG mold really looks like. The Columbia and Oreo 4 sample pics have nothing near an og or even a 99 mold.
I see your point, those pictures didn't do this "remastered" story any good 
laugh.gif

I wish they had done this this year for the black infrared 6s. Nike air on back plus original leather materials plus 3m would have been sweet.

so we supported jb thru the crap years and they reward us by giving us the regular items at an even higher premium?

gee, thanks nike/jb

Last edited:
A lot of people are saying retros will be 200 plus but the article says 10-15 percent increase depending on the model. 6s are 170 right now. 2s are 150. That's not 200 plus. 11s however will most likely be over 200 but the article doesn't say every retro release will be remastered does it?

The only thing JB is remastering is their bottom line with the price hikes, a sucker is born every minute... And JB knows a lot of them will fall for the lies and hype and drop 200, on shoes that dont live up to the hype and the "remastered" lies

I really only see this as a good thing. I mean 2012 to 2014 they increased the price of retros and definetly did not upgrade the quality. We should be thankful that they are even doing this.

Just another marketing tactic. Upgrade to better materials to justify the raise in msrp. Then little by little the quality will begin to dwindle like always but the price wont.

the materials do look better ,but then again like someone else said, my big mac never looks like it does in the commercials..

A lot of people are saying retros will be 200 plus but the article says 10-15 percent increase depending on the model. 6s are 170 right now. 2s are 150. That's not 200 plus. 11s however will most likely be over 200 but the article doesn't say every retro release will be remastered does it?
They said 10-15% increase depending on the model. Best believe that whatever the highest percentage increase is (supposedly 15%) will be slapped on the XI's. The lowest percentage (supposedly 10%) will be slapped on the lower priced models. Only makes sense. And they are remastering the WHOLE line.

$20 price-hike for some of you young bloods may not be a thang, but for us older cats we see a $70-80 price-hike. Considering the cost of 4s back in 99 being $110.

This is all due to demand, not inflation. Although inflation does play a part, but its miniscule.

Adidas superstars have imported premium leather, have better build quality and still cost under $80.

complaint fest in here

realistically what 3s/4s/5s/6s have you guys worn a lot that didnt chip, cuz I haven't had any

you guys keep complaining about that and they're gonna over compensate like they did with the yellowing issue, probably replace all the soles with lunarlon
Replace soles with Lunarlon? Good. Maybe they should put new technology in the shoes to make them worth the prices they are asking. Just saying. 

Back
Top Bottom