Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

They said 10-15% increase depending on the model. Best believe that whatever the highest percentage increase is (supposedly 15%) will be slapped on the XI's. The lowest percentage (supposedly 10%) will be slapped on the lower priced models. Only makes sense. And they are remastering the WHOLE line.
I think the price of regular retros will now be 200 dollars and 11's will probably be 225.. 

kinda sad they went through this whole publicity stunt to justify the price increase... ill still cop, but i will be much more selective then i have in the past, just like i was with lebron xi this year. any shoe i am on the fence for will now not be copped.  

I'm brainwashed? We all buy tons of shoes from nike and jordan even though they keep increasing their prices. I don't know why your singling me out.
because i think his point is they arent going to have any better shoes, its just marketing to try and justify a price increase.. 

i highly doubt shoes in 2015 will be better quality..  maybe one or two, but thats it.

because i think his point is they arent going to have any better shoes, its just marketing to try and justify a price increase.. 

i highly doubt shoes in 2015 will be better quality..  maybe one or two, but thats it.

Yeah. But if they release some stuff we haven't seen in a while or haven't been re released at all that would be a good thing. Whatever there tactic is I hope it includes some good cw's and models we haven't seen in a while.

Yeah. But if they release some stuff we haven't seen in a while or haven't been re released at all that would be a good thing. Whatever there tactic is I hope it includes some good cw's and models we haven't seen in a while.
My man, here's the problem. Aside from a few colorways we haven't seen in awhile, JB will begin re-releasing colorways of shoes that have come out recently and give them this new "premium" title and charge us an arm and a leg. For example, Chicago X's. I still have a DS pair sitting right behind me from 2012. Next year we get better quality and #45 on them and bam, price hike. This happened with the '88's. They got Nike Air slapped on them and an extra $40 price tag despite the shoe coming out 2 years earlier. The new "premium" thing is a trick to start re-releasing EVERYTHING but now with better "quality". There will be shoes being retroed from 2-3 years ago but now stamped with "premium" and maybe a "Nike Air" stitched on them or something. Does "premium" quality justify a price hike? Sure. So why the eff did the price get raised to $160 in the first place when the materials were still garbage? Then why the eff did the next year the prices get raised to $170?! Now Nike wants to up their quality and charge more money? $160 SHOULD BE THE PRICE FOR PREMIUM JORDAN'S!!!

I'm not even trying to pull rank here but I see a lot of people supporting Nike on this are members who haven't been here for a long time. Now, I'm not saying you're a new collector or new to the shoe game, I'm just seeing that you haven't been apart of NT very long. Older members have seen Nike do all types of stuff before. We're a bit more "educated" on the behind the scenes things that goes on at Nike. That's why a lot of us aren't buying this crap because we see right through the bull.

$20 price-hike for some of you young bloods may not be a thang, but for us older cats we see a $70-80 price-hike. Considering the cost of 4s back in 99 being $110.

This is all due to demand, not inflation. Although inflation does play a part, but its miniscule.

Adidas superstars have imported premium leather, have better build quality and still cost under $80.
Keep in mind that the cost of IV's back in 89' was ALSO $110. They were expensive in 89' and "cheap" in 99'.

Can't reason with the brainwashed. also saying we are not at $200 yet because the price increase is 10-15% may be overlooking the fact that we really are. It's a game of words and instead of saying a $20 increase, they attempted to marginalized the increase by saying 10-15% knowing many people won't even do the math.

10% increase of $170 = $187
15% increase of $170 = $195.50

Do you really think nike will release a shoe at those price points? They will be $190 and $200.

Last edited:
$20 price-hike for some of you young bloods may not be a thang, but for us older cats we see a $70-80 price-hike. Considering the cost of 4s back in 99 being $110.

This is all due to demand, not inflation. Although inflation does play a part, but its miniscule.

Adidas superstars have imported premium leather, have better build quality and still cost under $80.

Dummies have been saying for years...it's only $20 more, it's only $20 more...I knew it would get to this point where it's that $70-$80 price-hike because fools have that mentality that it's only $20. No, it's not. In the long run it's not only $20. Nike and Jordan will keep milking people with THAT attitude. I've stopped buying like I used to because of the price increases. I mean, $275 plus Cali tax for a plastic LeBron? Get out of here with that, Nike. You can shove it.

The only shoe in my collection I'd like to see redone is the flint 13. I'd pay an extra $15 for that 3m.

The only shoe in my collection I'd like to see redone is the flint 13. I'd pay an extra $15 for that 3m.
Extra for something that should already be there?
laugh.gif

Y'all pay extra for cheese when you order a cheese burger?
laugh.gif
Terrible analogy since yes you do pay extra for the cheese when you order a cheeseburger.

A better analogy would be buying a car and then having to pay extra for the steering wheel or the seats.

A cheeseburger comes with cheese (hence the name)! Cheese is included in the price! 13's originally come with 3m! 3m WAS included in the price! I stopped funding JB when the price increases started! I just couldnt see myself buying the same shoes with worse quality for even $5-$10 more than the original release prices!

A cheeseburger comes with cheese (hence the name)! Cheese is included in the price! 13's originally come with 3m! 3m WAS included in the price! I stopped funding JB when the price increases started! I just couldnt see myself buying the same shoes with worse quality for even $5-$10 more than the original release prices!

Thank you. Pretty simple concept.

Airforce1king said it dead on. This is a trick to start re releasing everything again.The ivs look decent but they still look slimmed down on the toebox. Anybody believe the molds of the shoe, shapes and slopes of the toebox have alot to do with how long the shoe will last . Has anyone realized when you crunch your toes up while wearing the shoe to make the toebox bigger, aesthetically the shoe looks alot better...I mean alot better...and this goes for maybe 80 percent of jordans that have been released in past 5 years or so....nike has started this also not so much as jordan brand but now it seem theres going all out. Imo 2014 has been the worst year for nike retro ever and we are only half way through the year. Aside from that, the biggest suprise of this year was the dark powder xs....I thought nothing of them when I seen them in store however I decided to trade my 2nd pair of chicagos for them and when I got home to check them out I was shocked. This company will give us decent retros here and there and then go straight garbage for the next couple of months only to give us something decent again. They keep alot of the older generation coming back beause of this. It reminds me of an abusive relationship to a lesser extent

As much as I hate price hikes as much as you guys do...

It makes sense from a business point of view.

Jordans sell out faster than ever. What's an extra $20? People will keep buying.

Jordan retros function on the premise that supply will never reach demand. I forgot what the exact term was but Nike helps to create this artificial demand (i.e. limited runs of shoes, or super limited ed releases) to give their brand prestige and a coveted image.

They have to reach a balance between price (maximizing profits) while keeping the production numbers low enough that the shoes can still be considered "rare." Everyone can't have them because then the product loses perceived value.

Looking at Forbes right now Nike ranks #24 on the most valuable brand list. They know exactly what they're doing and I can't get mad because they pay many many people huge sums of money to know exactly this.

Even an avg jane like me can see this will not even dent sales. It may even hype up sales even more... and that's exactly what Nike wants.

My man, here's the problem. Aside from a few colorways we haven't seen in awhile, JB will begin re-releasing colorways of shoes that have come out recently and give them this new "premium" title and charge us an arm and a leg. For example, Chicago X's. I still have a DS pair sitting right behind me from 2012. Next year we get better quality and #45 on them and bam, price hike. This happened with the '88's. They got Nike Air slapped on them and an extra $40 price tag despite the shoe coming out 2 years earlier. The new "premium" thing is a trick to start re-releasing EVERYTHING but now with better "quality". There will be shoes being retroed from 2-3 years ago but now stamped with "premium" and maybe a "Nike Air" stitched on them or something. Does "premium" quality justify a price hike? Sure. So why the eff did the price get raised to $160 in the first place when the materials were still garbage? Then why the eff did the next year the prices get raised to $170?! Now Nike wants to up their quality and charge more money? $160 SHOULD BE THE PRICE FOR PREMIUM JORDAN'S!!!

I'm not even trying to pull rank here but I see a lot of people supporting Nike on this are members who haven't been here for a long time. Now, I'm not saying you're a new collector or new to the shoe game, I'm just seeing that you haven't been apart of NT very long. Older members have seen Nike do all types of stuff before. We're a bit more "educated" on the behind the scenes things that goes on at Nike. That's why a lot of us aren't buying this crap because we see right through the bull.

As a somewhat older sneakerhead, this comment is DEAD ON

I was gonna type a response but this pretty much summed up everything I wanted to say.

View media item 1015683

View media item 1015681

As much as I hate price hikes as much as you guys do...

It makes sense from a business point of view.

Jordans sell out faster than ever. What's an extra $20? People will keep buying.

Jordan retros function on the premise that supply will never reach demand. I forgot what the exact term was but Nike helps to create this artificial demand (i.e. limited runs of shoes, or super limited ed releases) to give their brand prestige and a coveted image.

They have to reach a balance between price (maximizing profits) while keeping the production numbers low enough that the shoes can still be considered "rare." Everyone can't have them because then the product loses perceived value.

Looking at Forbes right now Nike ranks #24 on the most valuable brand list. They know exactly what they're doing and I can't get mad because they pay many many people huge sums of money to know exactly this.

Even an avg jane like me can see this will not even dent sales. It may even hype up sales even more... and that's exactly what Nike wants.

It makes sense NOW. I think everybody can at least see the logic behind the current price hike if we are getting higher quality shoes.

The problem is the last few price hikes have been pointless.

When they announced a better quality product, they indirectly admitted that they have been selling us trash for the last few years and will continue to sell trash until the new & improved shoes hit shelves.

I also hate the whole "prestigious" thing JB tries to do by limiting quantities of shoes that are in high demand. I don't get the logic behind making a limited number of Jordan 1 Highs while making TONS of Jordan 1 Mids that basically rot on shelves in Footlocker or Champs until they go on sale or get shipped to Nike outlets to rot there. They are much better ways to create prestige for a brand or product besides limiting production quantity. Look at Apple or Samsung.

I'm speaking purely from a consumer's viewpoint. I'm not a shareholder so I don't care too much for Nike or JB's revenue numbers. I just want them to supply us with a decent product.

Can't reason with the brainwashed. also saying we are not at $200 yet because the price increase is 10-15% may be overlooking the fact that we really are. It's a game of words and instead of saying a $20 increase, they attempted to marginalized the increase by saying 10-15% knowing many people won't even do the math.

10% increase of $170 = $187
15% increase of $170 = $195.50

Do you really think nike will release a shoe at those price points? They will be $190 and $200.
this is EXACTLY what I thought when I read that.
mean.gif
 no way I'm paying that. I even felt ripped off paying 170+ shipping for the black/red 13s with no 3m. I simply will NEVER pay 200 dollars for a basketball shoe. No matter the quality. I just think that's a little crazy and it amazes me that so many people willingly buy all retros for more than 2 or 3 hundred bucks. even 1s
indifferent.gif
. 170 is already too close for comfort.

Back
Top Bottom