Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

Annnnnd lets throw this one in here too. Just to let yall know, the 4s they're throwin at us today are an insult.
View media item 1307582

Every Jordan retro after the late 90s early 2000s has been garbage. How JB is as popular than ever has nothing to do with the basketball player or quality of the product. It's all hype now. I'm interested in seeing if JB gives us a decent black/silver 5 and black/red 12 out of this remaster.

Last edited:
okey one question

does air jordan retros (i have 12s, 5s, 6,s..) have zoom or air inside the sole? is this retros ready for playing and have some zoom or air inside or isnt so soft and sweet for playing like hyperdunk or zoom crusader or kobes?!

If the 16's are the White / Blue OG version I'm going to have to rethink my purchasing plans for next year...Maybe pass on the White / Metallic V's...

a new mould probably will cost the around the 100K

but can save up to 500K till a 1000K on material costs at the long term, so do the math
wink.gif

Where you get your numbers from?  Out of thin air POOOF

Where you get your numbers from?  Out of thin air POOOF
it doesnt matter where i got my digits from, its just a fact that using the old mould is less lucrative for JBs profit
You're claiming it's a fact and yet, you're shying away from stating the source of the numbers. If that's the case, then where's your proof? 

You must think that pulling numbers out of your *** will somehow make your statement a fact.

Every Jordan retro after the late 90s early 2000s has been garbage. How JB is as popular than ever has nothing to do with the basketball player or quality of the product. It's all hype now. I'm interested in seeing if JB gives us a decent black/silver 5 and black/red 12 out of this remaster.
I'm with you on this 2 the T bro. Yea I'm curious of this So called "Re-Mastered List" that was leaked out months ago of what Retroes are gonna be Re-Mastered. A few are already confirmed and already produced just chillin, But like supposedly NA Bred IV's Wht/Cmnt NA's and now The Bred XII's. Havent heard nothing lately on them IV's. Maybe the Bred IV's on All-Star week or weekend. As far as for me on these Re-Mastered pairs set to release in the first quarter of 2015, I plan on gonly going after them Chicago X's.

it doesnt matter where i got my digits from, its just a fact that using the old mould is less lucrative for JBs profit
It does matter when you are making a statement like you did.  You cant throw numbers out there claiming what the costs are and the profits would be, and then say the numbers aren't relevant lol..
roll.gif

You're claiming it's a fact and yet, you're shying away from stating the source of the numbers. If that's the case, then where's your proof? 

You must think that pulling numbers out of your *** will somehow make your statement a fact.
Agree and repped

I'm with you on this 2 the T bro. Yea I'm curious of this So called "Re-Mastered List" that was leaked out months ago of what Retroes are gonna be Re-Mastered. A few are already confirmed and already produced just chillin, But like supposedly NA Bred IV's Wht/Cmnt NA's and now The Bred XII's. Havent heard nothing lately on them IV's. Maybe the Bred IV's on All-Star week or weekend. As far as for me on these Re-Mastered pairs set to release in the first quarter of 2015, I plan on gonly going after them Chicago X's.
Just to clarify for you.. every single Jordan from here on out is remastered.  Not just select pairs, but every pair

By the way airdhazzale nice '99 NA IV's you got they're. I still have my Wht/Cmnt NA's but them '99 NA Bred IV's are my Grails of all time

even over the OG Bred IV's from '89. But I'll take the higher grade level of hide on the Durabuck from '89 over '99's. '99's Durabuck are still better than anything else

that's been produced since '99.

Just to clarify back to you, I know everything is being Re-Mastered. Never said only certain retroes would recieve the "Re-Mastered"treatment.

Sorry if you miss understood me. Arrato!

That would achieve the opposite effect actually, because while it would save costs it would also severely reduce their revenue. Think about it. If a non-"sneakerhead" wants a pair of Jordan's for the logo more than anything, do you think they're going to typically jump through hoops for the chance to buy a subpar product for $180 when they can go pick up the readily available Jordan Flight-WhoGivesA****s?

They're not sitting on shelves because no one wants them. They're sitting on shelves because Jordan Brand is smart enough to keep those in steady supply because only a select group of morons is willing to play the games that we in the sneaker community play for footwear. You can't base your whole operation on that minority.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @Flight who gives a ****

The older molds are not lost. Designers look at the older shoes while building a new version from scratch. For example when 4s started being retroed in 2012, that was built a new mold. Not sure why they do this tho.

Kind of applies to our discussion. The below is the costing for a $100 shoe.. now if we apply this to Jordan Brand we can get an idea of where the costs are.

1. For a $100 the cost to Nike would be $28.50 landed.  Let's assume that a Jordan will cost slightly more, and put it at $35.

2. Retail is always a 100% mark up so for a $200 Jordan, they are selling it to Footlocker at $100.

3. This would mean JB is making about $65 per shoe and is the magic number that investors do NOT want to see go down

Anytime JB adds a better material, better mold etc. then the landed cost per shoe rises and JB has to keep that $65 margin or more.  Adding better materials and dropping the margin is something that the board will not like.

Thought it was interesting so I shared.

3D printer could solve the "destroyed' or "lost" molds problem.

That's what I'm saying. I got a 3d printer at my school. If jb don't make these retros right, ima produce my own >:

money is stopping them :x   >:   :smh:
JB simply dont care what the real Jordan fans want
for them its just maximize the profits what counts
if a shoe contains more materials
it will also cost more money to manufacture them
they will maybe saving 1-2 dollars on each shoe
by using the new moulds
but if you multiply it by 100000-150000 pairs it will be a lot of $$$$

I see what you're saying, maybe that explains the smaller panels/spacing on the IVs. That's why I don't agree to the "remastered" basura they're pulling. The subtle changes does not warrant the price hike. Cmon $20 more for some fingers and laces on a jumpmanjordan logo?

Honestly, the shoe I'm most worried about concerning the mold is the 7s. I had to pass on every single pair of 7s released in 2012 due to the mold change (And the fact that the raptors were all black). 

I specifically noticed that the angle on the arch at the top of the 7

had changed, in addition to the overall shape of the shoe just being sloppy IMO. The French Blues have a shape similar to the 2012 7's.

I'm just starting to think this is all just a scam from JB with "remastered" posted on it

You're not the only one noticing that, my friend. If you look at the first few pages of this thread, a lot of NTers weren't buying the remastered gimmick

You're not the only one noticing that, my friend. If you look at the first few pages of this thread, a lot of NTers weren't buying the remastered gimmick
How can anyone call it a gimmick before we even see the product.  Lets hold off until the first shoe drops then start hammering JB over the issues

How can anyone call it a gimmick before we even see the product.  Lets hold off until the first shoe drops then start hammering JB over the issues

There are pics of "remastered" Jordans out already. We know for a fact that the OG/first retro molds won't be used.

Honestly, the shoe I'm most worried about concerning the mold is the 7s. I had to pass on every single pair of 7s released in 2012 due to the mold change (And the fact that the raptors were all black). 

I specifically noticed that the angle on the arch at the top of the 7

had changed, in addition to the overall shape of the shoe just being sloppy IMO. The French Blues have a shape similar to the 2012 7's.

I'm just starting to think this is all just a scam from JB with "remastered" posted on it
WOW

I never saw the difference between an older and newer retro like this before. That's insane. I can see why a lot of the older heads are pissed. I would be too.

Back
Top Bottom