Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

The only thing I don't like about that comparison is the exclusion of the '99 release mold that's a happy medium.

air-jordan-4-black-cement-retro.jpg

Less high than the original, with almost as much life in the upper's design and a still slim toebox.
I prefer the '99 mold over the '12.

i may be alone on this but i actually prefer the '99 mold over the OG when it comes to the IVs
you're not alone, many of the retros that came out in the early 00's up until the XIVs around '06 had better molds than the OG imo  (except for the Is and the IIs, I prefer the initial versions).

If the cements were constructed with the '99 mold:

Last edited:
Agreed on him not being alone. I feel the first set of retros really got love and care put into them to reflect a desire to slightly "modernize" these classics, and I'm sure many people prefer the first retro releases over the originals if you put them side by side.

It's crazy how much better the slight alteration in that rendering makes the entire shoe. Repped.

Last edited:

you're not alone, many of the retros that came out in the early 00's up until the XIVs around '06 had better molds than the OG imo  (except for the Is and the IIs, I prefer the initial versions).

If the cements were constructed with the '99 mold:
Great rendering b. Repped

I, too, prefer the first retros because they made the shoe exactly the same way it was originally made, materials and all. The actual silhouettes may have been slightly below 100% true to the orignals, but the overall quality was the exact same as the orignals. You're definitely not alone with this preference, seadon23.

Last edited:
If the toebox on the next Jordan 4 that I want doesn't come out with that smooth straight drop slope

PASS! without a doubt
mad.gif

Last edited:
It might've made more sense to say "the next Black Cement release" than to get that specific because people read these things and run with it.

Also to note, I know it's a minor detail, but the mesh on the IV's were skewed on an angle in the OG's and 99 molds. Fakes that popped up in 03/04 had mesh positioned vertically. Now the mesh is vertical on the IV's. I know it's a minor detail, but it's something I distinctly remember looking for when trying to spot fake IV's 10 years ago. 

It might've made more sense to say "the next Black Cement release" than to get that specific because people read these things and run with it.
I'll just change it to the next J4 release

edit: Just realized that doesn't work when the post was quoted with what I originally said

xD I need sleep

Last edited:
You're in the minority. Personally I don't like the present toe box, because it looks weird when the shoe is stocked

snitch? stop looking for reps and just edit the original list instead of posting the same long list TWICE on the same page within a few posts of each other... cluttering the thread for no reason.

you are wasting your time.... he's a JB soldier... they dont care about anything that makes sense as long as the jumpman is on the shoe!

:lol: its sad

most of these kids are sheep to this company. as long as they keep pumping out shoes they will keep buying even if they quality suffers and prices goes up.

Also to note, I know it's a minor detail, but the mesh on the IV's were skewed on an angle in the OG's and 99 molds. Fakes that popped up in 03/04 had mesh positioned vertically. Now the mesh is vertical on the IV's. I know it's a minor detail, but it's something I distinctly remember looking for when trying to spot fake IV's 10 years ago. 

Yeah, kinda like when only fakes had the blue tint to the clear sole. Now we got that blue tint on the legit pairs :smh:

laugh.gif
its sad

most of these kids are sheep to this company. as long as they keep pumping out shoes they will keep buying even if they quality suffers and prices goes up.
Youre buying up every release on release day and through resellers.  Waiting 2.5 hours for the 11's  stop being a clown

:lol: its sad

Youre buying up every release on release day and through resellers.  Waiting 2.5 hours for the 11's  stop being a clown

for nostalgic purposes...

the only shoes ive bought through resell was breds and that was low resell prices (the quality is garbage btw). Its my all time fav shoe.

go back ( since your are following me around) and check how many new releases ive purchased in the last year..

ill wait.

$200 for the 11's. And bad/cheap quality as well. Bahhhh...

They are bad quality which is why now im not really buying shoes..

Nike Kobe quality>>>>> any retro from nike or JB

tell me the flyknit Kobe IX isnt the best shoe quality and look wise from nike in 10+ years

They are bad quality which is why now im not really buying shoes..

Nike Kobe quality>>>>> any retro from nike or JB

tell me the flyknit Kobe IX isnt the best shoe quality and look wise from nike in 10+ years
Then why you in here?  To throw shade at people looking forward to the kicks? 

Back
Top Bottom