Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

Just to reiterate what some others have already said, JB is doing this remastered thing *** backwards (if they're really doing it at all). Retro + to roll out the big "remastered" theme? WTH? Ooh, but we got the Chicago X's coming. They're nice but JB just released those with minor alterations, kinda took the edge off...

As I mentioned before, after 2009 JB proceeded to change the mold of 7's(For the worse IMO). I'm not an old head, but I was one of the people who owned the 7's from '06, '08, and '09. They changed the mold of the 7's by making them much shorter in height in addition to getting lazy with the midsole(Especially on the Bordeauxs) and the upper as pictured below. 

2002 Black/Dark Charcoal Upper

2011 All Black Upper

As far as the Bordeaux's I expected to get something closer to the OG's on the left instead of the retros to the right.

Last edited:

Just to reiterate what some others have already said, JB is doing this remastered thing *** backwards (if they're really doing it at all). Retro + to roll out the big "remastered" theme? WTH? Ooh, but we got the Chicago X's coming. They're nice but JB just released those with minor alterations, kinda took the edge off...
I think their brave for releasing the Chicago X's with the 45. Those were originally MJ Player Exclusives. 

Who knows, they might release the Spacejams with the 45???

They changed the mold of the VIIs WAY before 2009, that's just when the molds started to not look very good anymore.

Ehh, I still like the 2011's and I had OG's if that matters.
I still would prefer something like the previous molds. The Bordeaux's pictured below were samples from 2011. 

Although they aren't perfect, i don't see why JB didn't just release this (They made samples of the Orion 7's with the same mold.)

If the 2015 7's are close to this then I'm sold. If not then oh well honestly. 

Well folks maybe JB was in here yesterday. The remaster price is $185 not $190. Not much but hey.

The leather on the oreos looks on point. You can tell by the picture that its a soft leather and definitely an upgrade.  Cant comment on the white's but we will see

the toeboxes with the oreos and columbias seem different to me in shape.. anyone else?

Last edited:
Instead of getting "close to the original construction", how about exceeding the original construction. C'mon now!

tailored-for-flight-air-jordan-xx9-new-york-event-recap-1.jpg

>D

Last edited:
the IV mold looks terrible still but the quality on the oreos DOES look top notch..at least they got that right..

This is pretty much where I stand as well. I'll take 2 out of 3 once in a while (I love the colorway and the materials look solid.)

Oreo leather looks better because it's black and you can see the leather better. They are the same but thank god the og model had that tumbled leather otherwise these retroes would be crap like the teals

Here's some better pics of the Columbia's.  Like I said earlier, my number 1 ask out of this remaster talk is better materials and it looks like with the Oreo's, the leather on these is also on point.

You can also see the shimmer in the blue paint in the first pic that someone was talking about a couple pages back.

Back
Top Bottom