Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

So it's pretty safe to say that the price hike has had little to no effect on sales thus far? It seems like the 7's smoked out yesterday.

So it's pretty safe to say that the price hike has had little to no effect on sales thus far? It seems like the 7's smoked out yesterday.
Sold out in the US? A lot of pairs are still sitting here in the PI. Different demand I guess

question is:

if we time travelled back to og (nike air heel) days, and if there was qc issues, would we really complain and nitpick if we had nothing to compare or contrast to?

Honestly , I don't think there was QC issues back then . Weren't they made in the USA ? That's when everything in America was made perfectly or in good quality . China just meases everything up rt

Honestly , I don't think there was QC issues back then . Weren't they made in the USA ? That's when everything in America was made perfectly or in good quality . China just meases everything up rt
OG's were made in a lot of factories in Asia, most notably Taiwan. They're made better there than in China smh

So far, the AJ 1 high is the only shoe that I have truly seen a major difference in. The AJ 1 low is a joke, quality wise, as well as the XI low. The IV's, VII's and X's have had slightly better leather, but really no improvement on the shape or fit. The IX's coming out still have a banana shape, and the jumpman on the left shoe is facing the wrong direction. With exception to the 1 highs (Frags, Lasers, and Chicagos) all the toe boxes are still horrible and boxy. I thought all shoes were getting better quality materials, but the Hare 1 must have not been included, but sure did get a price increase.

I was truly excited when they announced this remastered series, and believe shoes would significantly change. It truly was a ploy to increase the price 20 dollars.

Fingers and laces on the Jumpman were the least of my concerns on things that needed to be improved on retros. I don't understand this backwards thinking from JB.

For a Billion Dollar Corporation who makes shoes, they sure as hell don't know how to make them properly. I find it comical that this is JB making an effort.

Last edited:
i bought both the red x's and the nickel x's that released on the 28th and I can truthfully say I do see a difference in the quality of leather used on both of them as apposed to the shoes JB had been releasing before the remastered campaign.

I remember when the 2012 chi x's released and they looked absolutely horrible. the "leather on them was such a poor synthetic/plastic like material that light would shine when it reflected off of them.

the leather used on the remastered x's was/is a lot more rich. and don't get me wrong, im sure the leather on the remastered version isn't 100% full grain, I kno better than that. But it is WITHOUT question is better than what was being released.

I also felt like the molds have been better as well as the cushioning.

do these improvements justify the price hike? NOPE. but theyre giving us something and I aint mad @ that.

its about time they took the initiative to return some integrity to their shoes. the quality of MOST retros with the exception of a FEW has been an absolute joke.

price hikes are gonna come with shoes these days, its inevitable. hell, they coulda went the other way with it and made the quality even worse than it was and STILL raised the prices and you kno just like I do that they would've still sold out.

I just think its cool they threw us a bone for once.

$20 price increase for better quality shoes is ok with me. Imo they are at least trying this time. We were paying resell prices after releases in the past anyways and it was over $190 with terrible quality. Now I can get them retail price for arguably the same price as before but quality is considerably better.

The only shady move done by JB is they fed us crap shoes for way too long and a lot of ppl paid resell prices for shoes in the past thinking they might not retro again for awhile but now they are all coming back with better quality and for a lower price since its retail. So it's terrible for ppl who paid say $350 for Aqua 8s and now they will return with better quality for only $190. Won't crack on you after 1-2 wears etc, this example goes for every overpriced resell price retro in the past

Last edited:
I think some ppl legitimately cant tell between different materials which is sad lol. Because the material on every retro before was pretty much garbage and that's no longer the case now. Midsoles won't be cracking after a few wears and it's actually more comfortable to wear now. Most ppl who own the older retros will deny this because they have a stash of them in their closet and afraid of value going down. I'm just being a realist and non bias. Doesn't take a genius to notice the differences

I think some ppl legitimately cant tell between different materials which is sad lol. Because the material on every retro before was pretty much garbage and that's no longer the case now. Midsoles won't be cracking after a few wears and it's actually more comfortable to wear now. Most ppl who own the older retros will deny this because they have a stash of them in their closet and afraid of value going down. I'm just being a realist and non bias. Doesn't take a genius to notice the differences

I can tell. The Marvin the Martian's aren't that great. Not worth the price hike.

Yall letting that full tumbled on the Columbia and Oreo cloud your mind

I ain't see nothing good. Lasers sure but then again the laser print is crap

Even a visual aspect without even touching the shoes yet you can easily tell if there was a quality upgrade. Lets look at the chicago 10s. On the 2012 pair you can't even see the leather grain, it's also much more thin and flimsy looking, not well padded at the collar or anywhere for that matter, nothing is as pronounced as the remastered pair. This is just a visual, if you have the shoes in hand, you can feel and see the difference even more so. The black leather on the remastered pair is great, everything about the 2012 is pleather to me

remastered
View media item 1469137
View media item 1469138

$20 price increase for better quality shoes is ok with me. Imo they are at least trying this time. We were paying resell prices after releases in the past anyways and it was over $190 with terrible quality. Now I can get them retail price for arguably the same price as before but quality is considerably better.

The only shady move done by JB is they fed us crap shoes for way too long and a lot of ppl paid resell prices for shoes in the past thinking they might not retro again for awhile but now they are all coming back with better quality and for a lower price since its retail. So it's terrible for ppl who paid say $350 for Aqua 8s and now they will return with better quality for only $190. Won't crack on you after 1-2 wears etc, this example goes for every overpriced resell price retro in the past

Brah, they didn't say "$20 price increase for better materials"

They had an event and announced to the world they going to make the remastered pairs as near as possible to the OGs

And they have failed miserably at that, not even close.

The molds are still trash, the materials are not as good as the OG or even early retros, and this came after they jacked up prices a couple times in previous years.

They didn't try brah. They got $20 extra outta customers, made changes that probably cost them a few dollars a pair and pocketed the rest.

Why dudes continue to give JB credit for anything is beyond me.

-The products they are selling is still mostly trash.

Go ahead post the 10s :rolleyes to give them props.

Now post the 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s, and 9s.

Last edited:
So you see absolutely no shape differences in the chicago 10s above? Don't gotta look far, just look at the ankle collar. I'm not giving anyone credit, I'm just stating the facts. How people can't see the difference is beyond me. I don't know if its age, denial or what the circumstances might be but its pretty clear cut to me there was an upgrade

No one said these are perfect retros but I'm not going to sit here and lie and say nothing has changed. The remastered shoes are better then any retro we've seen in a long long time. Might have to go back to 2003-2004 if even that

Last edited:
So you see absolutely no shape differences in the chicago 10s above? Don't gotta look far, just look at the ankle collar. I'm not giving anyone credit, I'm just stating the facts. How people can't see the difference is beyond me. I don't know if its age, denial or what the circumstances might be but its pretty clear cut to me there was an upgrade

No one said these are perfect retros but I'm not going to sit here and lie and say nothing has changed. The remastered shoes are better then any retro we've seen in a long long time. Might have to go back to 2003-2004 if even that

Ok, the 10s look better. I'll give you that

-Now address most of the other remasters still looking like trash

-And JB outright lying about the quality changes they were going to make

Go..................

Last edited:
He brought up the tumbled leather which IMO is the only noticeable thing I see being an upgrade

What about the other shoes without the tumbled leather...

Last edited:
What about the other shoes without the tumbled leather...

The Marvin's leather is cheap and the mold isn't right. I know because I had them, then I returned them because I was disappointed in the final product. I still love the colorway, but not the quality and mold. $207 for that? No way.

Have you felt the tumbled leather? I don't recall previous retros with tumbled leather being soft and thick. It's also well padded. I don't understand the whole gripe about this only applies to tumbled leather. JB was never able to get tumbled leather correctly before, check your laney 5s and let me know if they are the same as it is now. Smooth or tumbled, the softness is there and its a thicker cut leather, mold is also better. Retros before were ridiculously flimsy looking by the feel and visual

Lol no point in me going further, it will catch on eventually and ppl won't buy the resell crap JB put out before. That's what this was intended for, going further into this will just look like I'm defending JB which I'm not because I careless what they do. But I will acknowledge quality has gotten better, that's all. People can decide and see for themselves

Don't fall for JB's propaganda people. Nothing has changed. And I WANT to give JB some credit for this "remastering" but I can't.

The materials aren't upgraded and the molds are still terrible when compared to OG's. I actually can't believe they called that event in NYC and invited all the sneaker bloggers to announce the remastering when nothing has changed. False advertising for sure.

Have you felt the tumbled leather? I don't recall previous retros with tumbled leather being soft and thick. It's also well padded. I don't understand the whole gripe about this only applies to tumbled leather. JB was never able to get tumbled leather correctly before, check your laney 5s and let me know if they are the same as it is now. Smooth or tumbled, the softness is there and its a thicker cut leather, mold is also better. Retros before were ridiculously flimsy looking by the feel and visual

Lol no point in me going further, it will catch on eventually and ppl won't buy the resell crap JB put out before. That's what this was intended for, going further into this will just look like I'm defending JB which I'm not because I careless what they do. But I will acknowledge quality has gotten better, that's all. People can decide and see for themselves

View media item 1292649
The usual deflections. JB really got some dudes outchea like sheep :smh:

The tumbled leather improved... Cool. I said that.

What about the regular leather? Oh..

Ok so encourage people to pay resell for the older retros that were an inferior product or wait to pay $190 for the remastered versions. Do the math in terms of which is more worth it

Which regular leather hasn't improved?

Last edited:
Neither are worth it... That's the point in trying to make

Price increase and it pretty much the same product. They could produce the same tumbled leather easily without an increase of they wanted to.

It's all to make you think they put more money into the product you are buying but in reality... They didnt

Back
Top Bottom