Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

now lets talk about the remaster French blue 7's. my right pair has a different mold than my left :x.... also left pair is a lot wider than my right

Last edited:
i'll say this about the "remastered" retro series so far:

in the past 2 days I unDSed my remastered Oreo IVs and Chicago X. These are the most comfortable jordan retros i've worn since the 2004-2006 retros. They definitely beefed up the padding on those 2 releases in particular; especially on the chicago X.

It's definitely not justified at $190, considering we got this same quality for $120-$150 just a few years ago. But this just means that I'm going to be more selective in what releases I buy. I only buy pairs that I would wear heavily now.

JB definitely knows what they're doing with this "remastered" gimmick.

But you see this ***** brought out the leveling ruler though:rofl:

That is why I don't come to JB forums anymore. The nitpicking is insane.

I like many want exact OG retros. The Jordan community is so unbearable at times I'd really enjoy if JB made exact retros and prices them through the roof. Like $400 a pair or something. Same dudes responsible for the hikes and quality issues complain constantly. Last Jordan I bought was the first Cardinal 7 retro. JB stopped getting my money years ago. Quality on the "remaster" Oreo isn't bad but that Jumpman off center thing is crazy to me. Even OG sneakers had flaws here and there. Nothing is perfect.

Last edited:
Have you felt the tumbled leather? I don't recall previous retros with tumbled leather being soft and thick. It's also well padded. I don't understand the whole gripe about this only applies to tumbled leather. JB was never able to get tumbled leather correctly

Motorsport VI's?

JB knows how to do it right but why do it right when people line up and pay when you do it wrong.

This quality convo is getting old. Why would JB focus on quality when the majority of the pairs being purchased is not what they are intended for. They're either on feet for casual style purposes or put on a shelf for collection purposes. The price increase is the new entry fee for representing the brand. You want to wear a piece of the greatest basketball player of all times legacy? It will cost...like it always has. Air Jordan's have never been cheap. The standard of living has gotten higher. Prices go up. If there's something I don't like from JB which is mostly anything that isn't an OG CW then I pass. But when it's something that I must have in my eyes ( like the rumored black cement 4 with OG branding this year) then I buy it. I don't get the fuss

Omg, if the black cement 4's came out with NA branding, I'm all in. Its due for and OG.

Last edited:
Better quality makes for better longevity. No one wants to get shoes that are already scuffed in the box and then will badly crease upon one wear ( I know all shoes crease but good quality leather is not going to crease really bad with less than 5 wears. If you don't believe me find an expensive leather wallet or find some expensive and good quality shoes that are not athletic.) My Cardinal 7s fromm 2006 took way longer to start looking worn with regular wear than the Crappy Cardinals from 2011 with occasional wear. Quality does matter and goes beyond mere aesthetics.

Better quality makes for better longevity. No one wants to get shoes that are already scuffed in the box and then will badly crease upon one wear ( I know all shoes crease but good quality leather is not going to crease really bad with less than 5 wears. If you don't believe me find an expensive leather wallet or find some expensive and good quality shoes that are not athletic.) My Cardinal 7s fromm 2006 took way longer to start looking worn with regular wear than the Crappy Cardinals from 2011 with occasional wear. Quality does matter and goes beyond mere aesthetics.
You are correct sir, I own the 2011 Cardinals and they look terrible.

That's surprising because a lot of the '06 models sucked pretty bad. Not saying I don't believe you though. The '99-04 retros were legendary. Models from 06 (fire red 3's, military blue 4's, Mar's 4's) to '08 were pretty bad.

Last edited:
That's surprising because a lot of the '06 models sucked pretty bad. Not saying I don't believe you though. The '99-04 retros were legendary. Models from 06 (fire red 3's, military blue 4's, Mar's 4's) to '08 were pretty bad.
The paint was the worst thing about those shoes. The Military 4s are probably the worst quality Jordan shoe ever made next to the varsity red 6 and Orion 7.

Why wasn't official 3M material used on the tongue of the AJ5 white silver? It was used in 2000. JB is being dishonest with the term "Remastered".
mean.gif
thats because of money of course
sick.gif

I've been saying this man that's the one thing I would have liked them to do but you already know job dent care about its customers and will contuine to give us terrible quality. Makes you wonder why they even say "quality basketball products inspired by the greatest player ever". Honestly its just disrespectful to all of us.

I was under the assumptions not every model released this year was gonna have that "remastered quality"
I thought it was only on those shoes that they showcased
The Oreo and Colombia 4's and those 10's and those teal 4's
I thought those were the only re easterner products
They didn't show anything else would be remastered if I remembered correctly

I was under the assumptions not every model released this year was gonna have that "remastered quality"
I thought it was only on those shoes that they showcased
The Oreo and Colombia 4's and those 10's and those teal 4's
I thought those were the only re easterner products
They didn't show anything else would be remastered if I remembered correctly
"We are going to be remastering our whole retro line starting Spring 15."

^ they mention somewhere in the initial press release that once the remastered mold was finished for a particular model that every release thereafter would be remastered. The IV, VII, and X were just the first ones to be showcased.

^ they mention somewhere in the initial press release that once the remastered mold was finished for a particular model that every release thereafter would be remastered. The IV, VII, and X were just the first ones to be showcased.
Yeah I know, that's what I'm saying.

"The main models for the season will be around 7s, 4,s and 10s. That’s the way that Jeff planned the line, and that’s what we ended up doing. But everything that comes into the line from that moment forward will be in that remastered sense. There’s a couple other things that we’ve got cooking, but those are the key models for the season that we’ll kick this thing off with. … Whether it’s a new color, or whether it’s an OG color, it’s about getting it as close to the original form as we possibly can."

How are they running a scam, when you don't have to buy them?

Instead of looking toward JB, you need to look in to the mirror on why you can't say no.

Got to put hand on a pair of Oreo 4s the other day. Leather feels just like my 2011 BC3s. I thought they'd be softer than that.

No they don't :lol:

The leather on the 2011 was shiny and nothing like on the Oreo's.

Y[Uquote name="Magic1978" url="/t/596244/jordan-brand-will-be-remastering-building-better-quality-shoes-starting-in-2015/4380#post_23053850"]How are they running a scam, when you don't have to buy them?

Instead of looking toward JB, you need to look in to the mirror on why you can't say no.

And here comes jb butt licker magic. Member since 2003 but acts most of the time like he discovered kicks 2 days ago.
If you cant see the scam dont even bother responding to my posts, one of NT's biggest clowns.

And here comes jb butt licker magic. Member since 2003 but acts most of the time like he discovered kicks 2 days ago.
If you cant see the scam dont even bother responding to my posts, one of NT's biggest clowns.

No, I act like a grown man.

How are you scammed out of something you don't have to partake in? That you can see ahead of time? You're forced to buy the shoes? They play the okey doke on you from what you see in pics and reviews prior? How many remastered kicks have you seen? But you're still being scammed. Poor you :lol:

Stuff I don't want, I don't buy. I don't whine about it while buying it. Was a gun held to your head? That's what adults do. Maybe you'll grow up one day and get to that point. Start wearing New Balance, Asics or non retroes. But it's easier to whine for attention, right?

Last edited:
So someone help me out here.  ALL retros for Spring 2015 (including the Hare 1's that just released for example) are supposed to be "remastered" in some way?  Is it safe to say that anything that comes in that new black JB box is "remastered" or nah?

So someone help me out here.  ALL retros for Spring 2015 (including the Hare 1's that just released for example) are supposed to be "remastered" in some way?  Is it safe to say that anything that comes in that new black JB box is "remastered" or nah?

I thought all the retros releasing this year would be "remastered".

Wasn't that the reason excuse why retail went up to $190?

I skipped hare 1s because they are basically left over pairs from '09 with a price increase.

No, I act like a grown man.

How are you scammed out of something you don't have to partake in? That you can see ahead of time? You're forced to buy the shoes? They play the okey doke on you from what you see in pics and reviews prior? How many remastered kicks have you seen? But you're still being scammed. Poor you :lol:

Stuff I don't want, I don't buy. I don't whine about it while buying it. Was a gun held to your head? That's what adults do. Maybe you'll grow up one day and get to that point. Start wearing New Balance, Asics or non retroes. But it's easier to whine for attention, right?

Preach brother, the sheep will never understand this .

Back
Top Bottom