Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

The only gripe I have with JB is lack of brand loyalty for the collectors. People paid good money for previous retros only for them to rerelease with better quality. But in terms of what they are putting out right now, got no problems with it.

The only gripe I have with JB is lack of brand loyalty for the collectors. People paid good money for previous retros only for them to rerelease with better quality. But in terms of what they are putting out right now, got no problems with it.

Isn't that contradicting though? You say they have no brand loyalty for what they put out and had customers pay but what they're doing now (charging $20 more for very limited upgrades) is ok?

Ok so encourage people to pay resell for the older retros that were an inferior product or wait to pay $190 for the remastered versions. Do the math in terms of which is more worth it

Which regular leather hasn't improved?

Stop moving the goalpost. That was never JB's motive

They said for a small price increases, we will give you shoes as close to the OGs as possible.

They flat out lied/failed and now you're trying to savage some brownie points for them

-And most importantly, the retro should have never gotten to that piss poor of a state. Retro themselves were over priced for the product you were getting, no JB is selling an even more overpriced product now with the remastered series.

But somehow, through some sort of mental gymnastics, you're trying to convince yourself and other that they did people a favor.

Nah brah, no they didn't

That's a different subject, people pay what they want to, I have no control over that. I was just acknowledging the fact that the quality is upgraded whereas people apparently couldn't tell the difference

Don't fall for JB's propaganda people. Nothing has changed. And I WANT to give JB some credit for this "remastering" but I can't.

The materials aren't upgraded and the molds are still terrible when compared to OG's. I actually can't believe they called that event in NYC and invited all the sneaker bloggers to announce the remastering when nothing has changed. False advertising for sure.

THIS.

They said for a small price increases, we will give you shoes as close to the OGs as possible.

They flat out lied/failed

-And most importantly, the retro should have never gotten to that piss poor of a state.

They lied, and you're absolutely right, retro's should have NEVER gotten to that state.

Quality inspired by the greatest player ever? I don't think so. MJ didn't play like the quality they give us. :smh:

I never once compared these retros to OGs, but I did say the quality on these are better then anything JB put out since like 2003-2004. It's simple economics, people act like big macs and food portions are getting larger but prices are staying the same. If anything it's getting smaller and prices are going up. This applies to everything, not just Jordan's. Once you understand how business and the world works, you don't sweat the small stuff. Normally a company keeps producing garbage while still increasing the price, in this case JB at least upped the quality along with the price (which would happen anyways and it's below resell after prices). I can't complain, I don't live in the past, I live in the present. So OG this and that isn't relevant in today's time anymore. Hell half these kids don't even know what OG quality even was

Name one thing you could get from the past that you could today in its exact form. Be realistic, don't care what a company advertises, you must be an idiot if you can't judge for yourself and just believe what a big corporation says. Fact is the product is better then it's been since practically the last decade

Last edited:
I never once compared these retros to OGs, but I did say the quality on these are better then anything JB put out since like 2003-2004.

I can't complain, I don't live in the past, I live in the present. So OG this and that isn't relevant in today's time anymore. Hell half these kids don't even know what OG quality even was

Not true, Jordan Brand has put out good quality after 2003-2004(for lower prices too)...Motorsport 6's, Banned 1, Shadow 1 2009, the first Gucci 1, Fear 4's had nice quality, Anniversary 2's, Vegas 1, the Bin series, etc.

I live in the present too, and I remember OG quality because I bought them.

Last edited:
It's called marketing mayne . They gon tell you what you want to hear and visualize , but at the end of the day , it's just the same ole s , just a different day . i'm 18 now and been rocking J's since earlier than 1st grade . J's were durable and all that good stuff . Now , it's full of s . Sad , but JB will NEVER be the same

Too many sheep looking at JB through Rose-tinted lenses...

tumblr_nfaqr2PSJP1tdhimpo1_500.gif

You need to upgrade to a better brand of sunglasses to see past their lies...

TheyLiveGlassesOffl.gif

ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR $$!

Last edited:
What's sad is the same people in here saying nothing has changed will probably low key dump their older retros and rebuy the remastered stuff. This doesnt mean misguide other users with false information. It only makes sense, u can sell those crappy retros for more then $190 (granted ppl still want them) and rebuy them with better quality for retail when it rereleases. Patience is key

No one I know wants the older models of 2012 Chicago 10s, columbia 4s, Oreo 4s, French 7s etc. and I believe this trend will only continue with each release. No one will want the older cdp 7s, Bordeaux 7s, Aqua 8s etc. So like I said, this sucks for most collectors because all those retros in their closet are no longer worth what it use to be and its more leg work to replace them. But for new buyers or ppl who already unloaded before hand, this is a great way to start over and get a better quality product. Just depends which side your on

Last edited:
What's sad is the same people in here saying nothing has changed will probably low key dump their older retros and rebuy the remastered stuff. This doesnt mean misguide other users with false information. It only makes sense, u can sell those crappy retros for more then $190 (granted ppl still want them) and rebuy them with better quality for retail when it rereleases. Patience is key

No one I know wants the older models of 2012 Chicago 10s, columbia 4s, Oreo 4s, French 7s etc. and I believe this trend will only continue with each release. No one will want the older cdp 7s, Bordeaux 7s, Aqua 8s etc. So like I said, this sucks for most collectors because all those retros in their closet are no longer worth what it use to be and its more leg work to replace them. But for new buyers or ppl who already unloaded before hand, this is a great way to start over and get a better quality product. Just depends which side your on

Anybody that collects retro Js already took an L when they decided that retro Js were even worth collecting.

Last edited:
Got to put hand on a pair of Oreo 4s the other day. Leather feels just like my 2011 BC3s. I thought they'd be softer than that.

OG columbia/Oreos>>>>>>>>2015 pairs.

please stop that, pleaseeeee

In it's cracking and yellowed form? Have fun with those 1999s, maybe the salty people in here don't wear their shoes or something. Like I said, pretty sure people are mad because the value of older retros will go down because of all this remastered stuff. Should have picked up another hobby

In it's cracking and yellowed form? Have fun with those 1999s, maybe the salty people in here don't wear their shoes or something. Like I said, pretty sure people are mad because the value of older retros will go down because of all this remastered stuff. Should have picked up another hobby

im saying in general, those looked better. 100x better

i woudnt spend money on a 15 year old shoe, im straight but these new ones dont compare.

This quality convo is getting old. Why would JB focus on quality when the majority of the pairs being purchased is not what they are intended for. They're either on feet for casual style purposes or put on a shelf for collection purposes. The price increase is the new entry fee for representing the brand. You want to wear a piece of the greatest basketball player of all times legacy? It will cost...like it always has. Air Jordan's have never been cheap. The standard of living has gotten higher. Prices go up. If there's something I don't like from JB which is mostly anything that isn't an OG CW then I pass. But when it's something that I must have in my eyes ( like the rumored black cement 4 with OG branding this year) then I buy it. I don't get the fuss

Nobody gives a F about value except resellers. Don't mistake those for collectors.

Most of the people complaining about the fake remaster, myself included, are annoyed because JB lied about the improvements they were gonna make.

JB has been hiking the prices without even making improvements, so the extra $20 is no big deal. If JB had simply said they were gonna stop using crap leather, I think most people would be ok with that.

But JB claimed they were trying to return to the OG quality, which has turned out to be a blatant lie.

You're happy with the better leather. I'm also happy with the better leather. But it's not what we where promised.
JB is tryna piss on your leg and tell you it's raining

Remastered or not, pay the $20 or don't. There's plenty of other quality retros out there, just look at Reebok.

Back
Top Bottom