Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

lmao remastered means "slightly better than the crap we used to put out" these things are not comfortable or even close to OG and i guess they will fight that we said OG "mold" and not quality but either way JB can suck it on these crazy price hikes for the most part but they have me on certain models (1s in particular)

No, I act like a grown man.

How are you scammed out of something you don't have to partake in? That you can see ahead of time? You're forced to buy the shoes? They play the okey doke on you from what you see in pics and reviews prior? How many remastered kicks have you seen? But you're still being scammed. Poor you :lol:

Stuff I don't want, I don't buy. I don't whine about it while buying it. Was a gun held to your head? That's what adults do. Maybe you'll grow up one day and get to that point. Start wearing New Balance, Asics or non retroes. But it's easier to whine for attention, right?

You are missing the point, when jb anounces remastered close to og kicks and delivers less its a big *** scam! I couldnt give a fck about this remaster junk since i never fell for it in the first place. Now go "preach" your wise words to someone who cares

Tbh here the remastered quality are barely on par with the 99-2005 retros. If Nike/jb didn't go cheap after 05 nothing needs to be remastered. To say that the $190 tag price is justifiable is laughable when the same factory using the same raw material still makes these shoes even tho inflation has drove many prices up, but not the $70 jump in price for shoes like the 4, 5, 6, and 7 when they retailed $120 back then. At the same time the XX only has a price increase of $30?

How are they running a scam, when you don't have to buy them?

Instead of looking toward JB, you need to look in to the mirror on why you can't say no.
No they don't :lol:

The leather on the 2011 was shiny and nothing like on the Oreo's.

I have the Oreo 4's and the '11 BC 3's and the leather is not shiny at all on my pairs. I think the Oreo 4 leather is slightly better but my BC pair has a matte finish. Leather actually isn't too bad.

And here comes jb butt licker magic. Member since 2003 but acts most of the time like he discovered kicks 2 days ago.
If you cant see the scam dont even bother responding to my posts, one of NT's biggest clowns.

No, I act like a grown man.

How are you scammed out of something you don't have to partake in? That you can see ahead of time? You're forced to buy the shoes? They play the okey doke on you from what you see in pics and reviews prior? How many remastered kicks have you seen? But you're still being scammed. Poor you :lol:

Stuff I don't want, I don't buy. I don't whine about it while buying it. Was a gun held to your head? That's what adults do. Maybe you'll grow up one day and get to that point. Start wearing New Balance, Asics or non retroes. But it's easier to whine for attention, right?

View media item 1484031

That magic dude don't know what he's talking about. At the end of the day the moves this brand is pulling are unethical and bad business.

Telling the consumers they'll get premium quality materials along with the molds and designs of the orginal products and not meeting those obligations is bad business.

The improvements in quality simple aren't there. These are essentially the same retros from last year and the year before in a different box and a higher retail price. It takes the consumers to say "hold up, this ain't right" for this brand to get their stuff together.

Jordan Brand themselves highlighted the French blue 7s in their remastered campaign and that particular retro has been one of the sloppiest. Left and right shoes fitting different, shoes coming pre yellowed, and or with bad paint jobs. And the consumer is suppose to over look that simply b/c they used the tumbled leather from the Laney 5s on the shoe? Nah, something gotta change b/c they aren't producing the products that they said they would make

Last edited:
you are totally right imo
wink.gif

Kind of. Nike retailers here in the PH dropped the price by 10 - 15% because no one was buying them lmao.

I guess the price killed some of the hype
nah but honestly speaking i was looking forward to the legend blue/columbia 11s for probably 5 years. i have a pair of the ogs. i don't even feel like wearing my 11s. i am probably a hype beast. that's no longer hype beasting. 

might also be the three new colorways that drop every week at 200 a pop. crazy.

Last edited:

nah but honestly speaking i was looking forward to the legend blue/columbia 11s for probably 5 years. i have a pair of the ogs. i don't even feel like wearing my 11s. i am probably a hype beast. that's no longer hype beasting. 
Ohh, nah, you ain't lol 

Those latest columbia's feel meh, or it's just me...

Ohh, nah, you ain't lol 

Those latest columbia's feel meh, or it's just me...
yeah but what if they released i dont know...20k pairs at 160 instead of an infinite number at 200. i'm honest enough with myself to realize some of this is hype for sure 

I sure hope you guys crying scam haven't bought any Jordan's in over a decade. If you have guess what, YOUR THE PROBLEM. Dudes been feeding the JB monster for years and because they claimed to remaster sneakers that aren't OG exact it's a scam now?

JB been putting out garbage sneakers. I've been collecting since the 90s. Compared to OGs dudes been getting "scammed" in the quality department. If you've been buying them for whatever reason you really have no right to complain now. Your the reason JB continues to BS it's customers.

Last edited:
I sure hope you guys crying scam haven't bought any Jordan's in over a decade. If you have guess what, YOUR THE PROBLEM. Dudes been feeding the JB monster for years and because they claimed to remaster sneakers that aren't OG exact it's a scam now?

JB been putting out garbage sneakers. I've been collecting since the 90s. Compared to OGs dudes been getting "scammed" in the quality department. If you've been buying them for whatever reason you really have no right to complain now. Your the reason JB continues to BS it's customers.
QFT

That magic dude don't know what he's talking about. At the end of the day the moves this brand is pulling are unethical and bad business.

Telling the consumers they'll get premium quality materials along with the molds and designs of the orginal products and not meeting those obligations is bad business.

The improvements in quality simple aren't there. These are essentially the same retros from last year and the year before in a different box and a higher retail price. It takes the consumers to say "hold up, this ain't right" for this brand to get their stuff together.

Jordan Brand themselves highlighted the French blue 7s in their remastered campaign and that particular retro has been one of the sloppiest. Left and right shoes fitting different, shoes coming pre yellowed, and or with bad paint jobs. And the consumer is suppose to over look that simply b/c they used the tumbled leather from the Laney 5s on the shoe? Nah, something gotta change b/c they aren't producing the products that they said they would make

I don't know what I'm talking about :lol:

If you don't like the shoes, don't by them. That's pretty simple. Nothing unethical about it. They aren't selling one thing and giving you another. You can see exactly what you're buying.

They're other sneaker companies, yet you dudes act like you're being held hostage by JB. I just mentioned the powder blue IX's in another topic. They sucked to me in quality even for $99 or $79, so I didn't buy them. It's pretty simple.

Do you talk to every girl who likes you, why not?

Last edited:
It's just a generational thing. People buy things based off hype these days. Back in the late 90s early 2000 my generation didn't rush out and by the BS. All those retro + 4s that's coming back sat. Laney and white/silver 5s sat. No Nike Air in sub par CWs wasn't good enough and deemed garbage. Those same shoes sell out today. Same crap Jumpman logo and CW but with terrible quality, shape and at a much higher price sell. JB been getting over for years.

My favorite Jordan is the black/silver 5. I had the first retro in 2000. Every other retro of that sneaker has been strait garbage. That 23 on the side is horrid. As much as I LOVE that shoe JB isn't getting my money for that BS. I may never have them again and that's fine. I see dudes come up with reasons to justify buying Js all the time on NT. They know the product sucks but they just can't say no.

Last edited:
I don't know what I'm talking about :lol:

If you don't like the shoes, don't by them. That's pretty simple. Nothing unethical about it. They aren't selling one thing and giving you another. You can see exactly what you're buying.

They're other sneaker companies, yet you dudes act like you're being held hostage by JB. I just mentioned the powder blue IX's in another topic. They sucked to me in quality even for $99 or $79, so I didn't buy them. It's pretty simple.

Do you talk to every girl who likes you, why not?

What about the people that like the shoes and buy them but don't get what they paid for?

Again u don't know what u talking about, u bringing up powder blues and this and that, nobody talking about those. This brand specifically said they were going to make better products for the cpnsumers at a 20% price increase but they haven't. Bad business ain't no way around it

What about the people that like the shoes and buy them but don't get what they paid for?

Again u don't know what u talking about, u bringing up powder blues and this and that, nobody talking about those. This brand specifically said they were going to make better products for the cpnsumers at a 20% price increase but they haven't. Bad business ain't no way around it
What are you talking about dude.  Everyone who bought them got exactly what they paid for, and if they felt the quality or the mold or the box or the smell or the color of the shoe wasn't up to par they could return them or not buy them in the first place.

Nobody is forced to buy any J and if they are buying it cause of marketing mumbo jumbo then those are the same people who drank sprite cause they thought it would help them play like Grant Hill

don't get what they paid for? i don't understand this. Go to the store, open the box, if you aren't happy, don't make the purchase.

"Better" products are in the opinion of each individual consumer. Ask 10 different people on whether a retro is better and you'll get at least 6 different answers.

What are you talking about dude.  Everyone who bought them got exactly what they paid for, and if they felt the quality or the mold or the box or the smell or the color of the shoe wasn't up to par they could return them or not buy them in the first place.

Nobody is forced to buy any J and if they are buying it cause of marketing mumbo jumbo then those are the same people who drank sprite cause they thought it would help them play like Grant Hill

Again, neither do u know what u talking about, u talking bout sprite and grant hill that has nothing to do with this discussion. I've come to realize that when cats don't know what they talking bout on here, they through a bunch of unnecessary topics in the discussion and rationalize it as facts :lol:

Facts are; The Brand guaranteed better products at a higher price, consumers feel the quality isn't up to standards.

This thread wouldn't be filled with people voicing their opinions on how the quality isn't up to par if they got what they paid for.

i work with these shoes, I've seen, felt, tried on, bought, worn, and or dealt with customers concerning the quality of these shoes on every single release this year :lol:. Take what I'm saying and try to understand what I'm saying and what consumers outside of yourself are saying about these products.

Last edited:
You make 0 sense brah JB promised higher quality but failed to deliver it that's understood.

The problem is ppl crying over the poor quality but still purchasing said product those are sheep that need to open their eyes but refuse to for FOMO (Fear of Missing Out ) at the end of the day they're just sneakers it's not that serious.

Last edited:
Yes. I think increased price has made it easier for people to cop killed some of the hype. Profit margins for resellers are slim on most GR releases because of retail and most shoes are still sitting at retailers. JB/Nike gave us all the good shoes with crap quality over the last 4 years. Now for the most part, their second tier retros are releasing which is much more for selective enthusiasts. We're already into the second quarter and a lot of shoes that released in January can still be found for retail or close to it. I wonder if JB/Nike is feeling the effects yet, but can they can't go back to $145-150 pricing now.

Again, neither do u know what u talking about, u talking bout sprite and grant hill that has nothing to do with this discussion. I've come to realize that when cats don't know what they talking bout on here, they through a bunch of unnecessary topics in the discussion and rationalize it as facts :lol:

Facts are; The Brand guaranteed better products at a higher price, consumers feel the quality isn't up to standards.

This thread wouldn't be filled with people voicing their opinions on how the quality isn't up to par if they got what they paid for.

i work with these shoes, I've seen, felt, tried on, bought, worn, and or dealt with customers concerning the quality of these shoes on every single release this year :lol:. Take what I'm saying and try to understand what I'm saying and what consumers outside of yourself are saying about these products.

Take up your displeasure with Nike and JB. Voicing your opinion here is fine but it won't change anything. I'm not exactly sure the reason why Nike instituted the remastered series but they did so knowing that everything they threw on the market previously sold out very quick. They didn't have to change a thing and they would continue to sellout shoes on a weekly basis. But they did and here we are. Are they OG? No - in fact they will never be OG. Are they receiving better quality and materials? Compared to recent stuff, the answer is yes. Average people care about that. How do they fit, how is the overall quality? Will they hold up for a basketball season, etc.? The people on this board makes up a small fraction of the overall business Nike gets. How many average consumers even know about the remastered line? Probably not many so most likely they see the new product and say this looks pretty good, I guess the price is justified.

Back
Top Bottom