Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

I've always hated OG 5s shape. SUPER BULKY and sloppy looking. Retros are a step up IMO.

Are we looking at the same shoes?
The retros, especially since 2010, have the super bulky boot-style toe-box
It's the OG's that have the angled, smooth look to them
I'm not focusing on the toe box, Im speaking of the shoe in general. The whole upper of the OGs is taller and wider. In MY OPINION that looks sloppy to me. But as I mentioned, 5s from 2000 have the best shape to me. 

I see those blue 5's in the NBA store yesterday and the material looked tacky as hell 
eyes.gif

Worst remastered J yet imo

So does the "pre grape" 5s not having a Nike Air on the back mean there is no hope for the remastered 3-6 retros??

So does the "pre grape" 5s not having a Nike Air on the back mean there is no hope for the remastered 3-6 retros??

JB's playing games, that's for sure.
So far we haven't seen any remasters for OG colorways of NA shoes, and I doubt JB wants to be so blatant about the remaster fraud they're pulling.

Most people on NT are aware at this point that the remaster is a joke. But if JB doesn't put the NA back on the appropriate 3-6, even the masses will recognize they're being lied to. However, I don't think those sample grapes prove that JB won't use NA on true OG's.

The fact that they put the NA insole into the Hares gives me some hope that JB will do the OG's proper. But I won't hold my breath

And personally, I would rather JB fix the decade old shape problems instead of slapping NA on some boot-toe looking banana shoes

If it wasnt released for retail originally i dont think they would put nike air on it.

Like the 45 X didnt have nike air insole because only the non 45 version of that colorway was released for retail

Bulky = Quality build and REAL genuine materials. I'm sure you're used to these thin, cheaply constructed retros they keep pumping out.
I believe thin got real thin in 2006. I'm used to Jays from 2000-2006. I still feel the OGs are very large shoes. Im not talking about padding, Im talking about the overall cuts. Many of the 3-7 retros now range from mid-cut to a 5/8 high cut. Almost all the OGs were very high. I still prefer the sharpness and short cut of retros. You can have a good quality shoe that isn't bulky or very large. 

And weren't you all saying all the retros are bulky compared to the OGs? I guess they are higher quality if we are using your logic. 

If it wasnt released for retail originally i dont think they would put nike air on it.

Like the 45 X didnt have nike air insole because only the non 45 version of that colorway was released for retail
I really hope that is the case. That means that the aquas may have the NA on the insole. I'm really hoping they bring back some of the 3-6 soon. I have a feeling we may not see many till the 30th ann of 3s in 2018

I believe thin got real thin in 2006. I'm used to Jays from 2000-2006. I still feel the OGs are very large shoes. Im not talking about padding, Im talking about the overall cuts. Many of the 3-7 retros now range from mid-cut to a 5/8 high cut. Almost all the OGs were very high. I still prefer the sharpness and short cut of retros. You can have a good quality shoe that isn't bulky or very large. 

And weren't you all saying all the retros are bulky compared to the OGs? I guess they are higher quality if we are using your logic. 

Reading is fundamental my dude - you're equating bulky with the garbage 'banana boat' shape and 'steel toe box' that they've running on damn near everything made post 2006-2007.

The bulkiness that those of us who do or have owned OGs, refers to real, full grain leather and thick padding - something that has been sorely lacking on everything made post 2007.

Reading is fundamental my dude - you're equating bulky with the garbage 'banana boat' shape and 'steel toe box' that they've running on damn near everything made post 2006-2007.

The bulkiness that those of us who do or have owned OGs, refers to real, full grain leather and thick padding - something that has been sorely lacking on everything made post 2007.
The 5s and 6s OGs are still WAYY bulkier than the 2000 retros. I vote for the 2000. Just MY opinion though :D

Just went to the mall today and my footlocker still had french blue vii's, liberty x's, laser xx's, laser iv's, white metallic v's, and midnight navy v's

How are the remastered sneakers in terms of comfort? Have they improved? Because many of the past releases that I have copped over the years were pretty uncomfortable to me.

Last edited:
How are the remastered sneakers in terms of comfort? Have they improved? Because many of the past releases that I have copped over the years were pretty uncomfortable to me.
yea as far as comfort goes its an improvement in certain models so far. the 4s, 5, 10ss are pretty comfortable

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom