Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

You get to a point where you look into your shoe closet and realize "man, I just got a bunch of glorified raggedy *** shoes".

Everybody loses interest eventually. You think you won't, you will. Life is about evolving. You'll move into something else that will catch your interest. And somewhere down the line, you'll realize that sneakers was a teenage/early adulthood phase in your life.

The day your friends around you are wearing leather dress shoes and your the only one rocking those all red 6s, you'll change too.

The only time I ever rock Jordan's anymore, is the gym basketball courts.

the guy at the end was serious too!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You get to a point where you look into your shoe closet and realize "man, I just got a bunch of glorified raggedy *** shoes".

Everybody loses interest eventually. You think you won't, you will. Life is about evolving. You'll move into something else that will catch your interest. And somewhere down the line, you'll realize that sneakers was a teenage/early adulthood phase in your life.

The day your friends around you are wearing leather dress shoes and your the only one rocking those all red 6s, you'll change too.

For some people yes, for others no not really, circumstances very wildly. For me I am 31 and I just got back into shoes a little over 2 years ago. There was some crazy stuff going on in my life with working hard starting and selling a business etc etc, but now that I have more time to do what I want to do, I picked up the hobby again. Most of the people here love these shoes because we remember MJ dominating the hardwood from when we were little. I have my whole life dressed casually and I will until the day I die, it's not being stubborn it's just who I am.

If I was forced to wear a suit and tie I would quit and start another business of my own. I like being my own boss ( word to Dame Dash lmfao ) and dressing how I want. Sure every once and a while you have to go out and dress nicely and that's okay too , that doesn't mean you have to give up something you love. For me there is nothing better than going out on the weekends with my wife and just going here and there , going to dinner / movies etc and wearing shoes I love.

It's a dumb and expensive hobby. You have to waste time and gas to drive around entering raffles for a CHANCE to buy the shoes. And if you strike out? Stuck paying resell or if you get called, the shoes are already expensive, as is. Each pair cost 170-250, depending on the shoe. I can think of at least a dozen other things I can spend with 250. The Asics Nimbus, which are one of the top running shoes in the market are 160, but a pair of Cigar VIs, which aren't really viable for basketball anymore are 250?

It's too late for me, as I've been buying shoes since I was 14 and I'm 25 now so I've already fed into the addiction. But seriously, don't get in the hobby.

well said, and rare to see such pragmatism on a JB thread 

So far in 2015, I already bought 3 pairs of shoes and I plan on buying 4 more in the next couple months. With that said, it's already too late for me. Don't become a victim of this pointless hobby.

It's a dumb and expensive hobby. You have to waste time and gas to drive around entering raffles for a CHANCE to buy the shoes. And if you strike out? Stuck paying resell or if you get called, the shoes are already expensive, as is. Each pair cost 170-250, depending on the shoe. I can think of at least a dozen other things I can spend with 250. The Asics Nimbus, which are one of the top running shoes in the market are 160, but a pair of Cigar VIs, which aren't really viable for basketball anymore are 250?

It's too late for me, as I've been buying shoes since I was 14 and I'm 25 now so I've already fed into the addiction. But seriously, don't get in the hobby.

well said, and rare to see such pragmatism on a JB thread 
spanish.gif

So far in 2015, I already bought 3 pairs of shoes and I plan on buying 4 more in the next couple months. With that said, it's already too late for me. Don't become a victim of this pointless hobby.
Who you telling.....30 pairs deep so far this year. Hi, my name is D DOT 23 and....I think I have a problem. :x :smh: :tongue: :nerd: :x

Last edited:
Only jordans ive bought in 2015 are the melo 1s and oreo 4s. Shouldve copped the columbias but its all good. I've now become very selective when buying these retros

Only jordans ive bought in 2015 are the melo 1s and oreo 4s. Shouldve copped the columbias but its all good. I've now become very selective when buying these retros

Selective indeed. So far in the 1.5 year I've only picked up 2 Jordan releases.

Selective indeed. So far in the 1.5 year I've only picked up 2 Jordan releases.
Yeah im selective now too.. I see Jordan brand charging more for less quality shoes and I just cant do it as much anymore... I mean how do you bring back the bred 13's without 3m... Yet they cost more... I just cant do it.. There are some must haves that come out every once in a while but I refuse to buy most of these releases these days.

Back
Top Bottom