Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

I honestly believe they're doing this because they've run out of ideas. How many times can you drop the same shoe? How many variations of the same shoe will people buy? This is just game. Let's tell them we're going to make the products a little better. We will increase the price and be able to drop the same shoes again...albeit with "premium materials" :lol So what you're telling me is that you've been making a killing putting out crap for the last ten plus years but now you're going to put out a "quality" shoe and charge more? They're trying to stay ahead of the curve. They know eventually cats are going to look at a retro coming out and say to themselves, "Didn't I just buy this shoe last year?" Yeah, but this time it has "premium materials":rollin

I feel like they have to drop **** products to keep business going. They do have the ability to make quality retros that hold up over time. But that's not smart business

Last edited:
One thing that really bugs me is paaint cracking on the midsole. They must have cheapened the materials on the midsoles or something. Take a look at any jordan 3 or 4 made prior to 2001, none of those have any paint cracking whatsoever. I noticed that all of the ogs used a really flat/dull paint, but new releases (like the 2011 bc3) use a high gloss paint that cracks after like 5 wears.

One thing that really bugs me is paaint cracking on the midsole. They must have cheapened the materials on the midsoles or something. Take a look at any jordan 3 or 4 made prior to 2001, none of those have any paint cracking whatsoever. I noticed that all of the ogs used a really flat/dull paint, but new releases (like the 2011 bc3) use a high gloss paint that cracks after like 5 wears.
The midsoles pre-2003 were dyed, not painted if I am not mistaken that's why there was no cracking.

One of the main reasons I think people are complaining that doesn't get touched on is that there is ZERO R&D costs associate with retros!   Then, to add to that, using cheap material and JB is making a killing.  It's a sound business strategy but to us consumers, you feel like you're getting hosed.  We all have a choice to buy or not, it's up to us to exercise it...

Last edited:
can't stand this dishonor, i'ma go suicide, have a nice day bro! 
roll.gif

LOL ^^^ awesome 
monsier excusez moi je suis italien

signore mi scusi ma sono italiano

disculpame senor, jo soy italiano

happy google translate dude! [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][/quote]
then dont buy THEM!!!  no one cares if you buy a pair or not..  Jordan will price them however they want and its up to you to buy them..

for example Lebron elites are now 295.. as a consumer, I am not willing to pay this much for a pair of shoes so I will pass.. 

If you took time to read more of the thread instead of just the last page you would know I DONT BUY THEM! And haven't since 2007! I had a blast with OG for the normal price as a kid! Yea inflation and ya da yada... Y'all laughing at me but y'all The ones shelling out hundreds on the admitted by JB garbage that they have released so y'all laughing but so am I! But I'm not laughing with you, IM LAUGHING AT YOU [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

Last edited:
can't stand this dishonor, i'ma go suicide, have a nice day bro! :rollin
Yes... You should GO SUICIDE!!! [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji] SMH

How does one go suicide?

Is that like going to potty?

That's what I was trying to figure out... And he's laughing at me [emoji]128528[/emoji]
I feel like they have to drop **** products to keep business going. They do have the ability to make quality retros that hold up over time. But that's not smart business
And y'all are ok with that and I'm just a foolish complainer.... ROTFLMAO!!!

I highly suggest you read up on what inflation is.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

not just because of this discussion, but its an important principle in economics/finance to know

gas prices went from .87 cents a gallon in 1999 to 3.50 cents a gallon in 2014.. in 15 years prices went up more then 300%!!!

in retrospect in 2014.. prices for jordans went up 50-100%

Guys its called INFLATION... nothing stays the same price over time.. NOTHING.. prices for EVERYTHING has gone up from 1999 to 2014, as well as salaries!  

why would anyone expect prices to stay the same?  
Oh and I learned about inflation in 10th grade... In 1999! Y'all are rediculously funny trying to justify being ripped off!

LOL, inflation has nothing to do with Jordan Brands desire for a higher profit. 

Also gas works on more then just inflation.

If's as simple as touch the shoe, then buy the damn shoes or don't. Simple. Stop defending a multi-billion dollar company, they already got your money, a team of lawyers, and a lazy but working marketing depeartment, they don't need more of your time defending them. jeez.

Last edited:
Like i already ****** posted inflation isnt selective. The ATC IIs came out on the same year at the same price as the IVs yet the HIGH quality Grand Slam releases are 140. The regular quality stuff is 120. $80 less than the pruce of next years IVs.

I hooe you didnt have to pay for those lessons on inflation

Like i already ****** posted inflation isnt selective. The ATC IIs came out on the same year at the same price as the IVs yet the HIGH quality Grand Slam releases are 140. The regular quality stuff is 120. $80 less than the pruce of next years IVs.

Nah... He used of all things A WIKIPEDIA LINK LMMFAO!!! It has nothing to do with inflation and everything to do with RESELL PRICES! POINT BLANK PERIOD!!! But hey what do I know, I'm just complaining about nothing!

Last edited:
Do you guys think the price increase($180-$200) is going to cut down on the amount of resellers? Ideally, I would like to see Jordan's start sitting in stores more, so I could go to the mall/shoe store instead of paying a reseller. I don't expect them to go on sale or anything like in the past, but it would be nice to not have wait in line for 5+ hours and not even get a pair.

Do you guys think the price increase($180-$200) is going to cut down on the amount of resellers? Ideally, I would like to see Jordan's start sitting in stores more, so I could go to the mall/shoe store instead of paying a reseller. I don't expect them to go on sale or anything like in the past, but it would be nice to not have wait in line for 5+ hours and not even get a pair.
Nope... I think it might drive resell prices up tho!!!

Oh and I learned about inflation in 10th grade... In 1999! Y'all are rediculously funny trying to justify being ripped off!
ok.. so your saying jordans should be priced exactly like they were in 1999??  Even though EVERYTHING else has gone up in price? 

how much did they sell when they FIRST came out??  I bet they weren't 120 dollars!!!  

look at freaking air max's.. they are 180 now!!!  I remember when i was in school those things were 80 bucks...

get of here.. compare how much stuff cost back in the day to what it is now.. 

I honeslty dont understand how EVERYTHING is more expensive NOW then it was 15 years ago..

why do you think retro Jordans are the only thing that shouldnt be more expensive?  

Nah... He used of all things A WIKIPEDIA LINK LMMFAO!!! It has nothing to do with inflation and everything to do with RESELL PRICES! POINT BLANK PERIOD!!! But hey what do I know, I'm just complaining about nothing!
lol inflation isnt selective.. correct.. thats why I stated EVERYTHING is more expensive now..

ill say it again

EVERYTHING IS MORE EXPENSIVE IN 2014 THEN IT WAS IN 1999

ok.. so your saying jordans should be priced exactly like they were in 1999??  Even though EVERYTHING else has gone up in price? 
No genius... I'm saying I learned about inflation in 1999! So your saying $200-$250 is a good price to pay for shoes that will most likely be the same as recent years? And you are also saying that for the current prices you shouldn't already be getting top notch high quality premium sneakers? Ok...

how much did they sell when they FIRST came out??  I bet they weren't 120 dollars!!!  

look at freaking air max's.. they are 180 now!!!  I remember when i was in school those things were 80 bucks...

get of here.. compare how much stuff cost back in the day to what it is now.. 

I honeslty dont understand how EVERYTHING is more expensive NOW then it was 15 years ago..

why do you think retro Jordans are the only thing that shouldnt be more expensive?  

This makes literally no ******* sense. Please stop talking.

Again explain why the ATC II and the Jordan IV arent the same price right now when they came out in the same year with the same retail price? Inflation just got up and said "inflate the prices of the jordan IV twice as fast as you inflate the prices of the ATC II"

Do I need to slow it down even more for you Mr. Expert on inflation and inflationary policies?

Back
Top Bottom