Jordan Brand x Fakes/Variants: At it again **pics**

Moderators lock this thread.
This has gotten ridiculous and out of hand. I can't understand how a mistake that was made by JB has led to various accusations and complains about many of our respected members. I personally appreciate the important information, hints, pictures, and dates that they give us. Yet many seem to take this for granted and instead accuse them of stirring up hype while it is 80% of NTers that post "5 copped" and stir up hype on threads. I personaly think that it is insipid to steal a picture of a fake Jordan and sell it as a Authentic Jordan shirt as much as the next NTer yet I know this is being taken care of internally and can leave it at that. You should all do the same and blame JB directly for this mistake and not your fellow NTer.
Once again
PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD!

^^^^ WOW thanks for being a contributing member of nt. :smh:
nono.gif

Quote:
and the plastic tag holder (the little round wire) is different.

I could throw that into photoshop and make that tag say 'we rock fakes" and change the position of the round wire in about 30 mins, it's not very hard.....

anyway I think we have a good discussion going on here. but if you want things to change something needs to be done. Someone asked earlier if anyone had media connections so they could put JB on blast. If that can't happen then we need to somehow make our voices heard.

I've got the E-mail of one of JB's So-Cal Reps. Maybe flooding his inbox will give them a wake up call? Let me know what you guys think.....

Quote:
When something is a made in "Error" or a "Blunder" of this magnitude, say for instance when a sports card is produced with the player " Giving the hidden middle finger " or say if his jersey # was incorrect....whatever the mistake may be:

Would you not want a piece of this " History " in a sense ?

I have a hard time buying that. It's basically buying into the whole limitedness fad that is the shoe game right now. Just because it's some error that may be off the shleves in a second doesn't mean we should all go out and buy it.
The best backcourt in the ACC[/b]​
The Savior of Virginia Basketball​

Quote:
We need to take concern about whether or not, the next pair of Jordans we pick up in Footaction is real or not...

You sorta rip on dude for your entire post and at the end you put that ^
I'm sure you understand that this is the EXACT reason so many people are disturbed by this all. I mentioned the same thing in my own post on p13. The line between fakes and authentics are getting blurred to the point that you wonder why bother to hunt down "grails" or "limiteds" or dmp-type "exclusives".
Out

If I may say, I think we have gotten off course here.

The issue raised in this post is not about what fakes have done to the industry. I spoke a bunch earlier about how I feel JB/Nike hypes stuff through people on this board as a corollary to, or another example of, how pathetic the whole sneaker thing has gotten.

The issue here is that JB is a pathetic excuse for a company. Someone referenced Gucci and Louie Vitton before and how prevalent fakes of their merchandise are.

I don't care what anyone says, these companies would NEVER put a fake of their merchandise in an advertisement or even worse, ON their own merchandise. JB did. That is ridiculous, disgusting and pathetic.

They can come out with all the ugly colorways they want, that doesn't make them a bad company. They can release limited numbers of things everyone wants, that doesn't make them a bad company (just a stupid one and one that doesn't give a crap about its fans). Putting fakes of your merchandise in an ad and ON your merchandise....now that makes you a bad company.

Seriously, the whole thing is just pathetic. I wish to god someone could get this to the media so that joke of a company could shake in its work'ems for a bit. That's what they deserve. They deserve to be outed for the fools they are.

The television shows and magazines that cater to the sneaker community are too scared to put this out there for fear of losing all their freebies and exclusives. That is also what's @#%$ up.

Quote:
You sorta rip on dude for your entire post and at the end you put that

In all fairness, I did not rip on the guy. I basically made my theory from what he said. I am pretty sure however that if he felt that I did rip on him, he would have said something. But if it seems that I did rag on the guy, I apologize. I just questioned his judgment pertaining to his statment of "Jordan should feel disrespected, Tinker should feel disrespected, et al.." It was in no way to be viewed as a rip, but as a request for clarifying his statments, which on pg. 15, he did just that. But, once again, if it seems as I tried to flame, I apologize.
[/center]

It does seem like everything has boiled up for the people in this thread and they are letting all their opinion out on the colorways and what type of release and so on. There are a lot of mixed feelings about Jordan Brand right now and how the consumers view the company. I still like a lot of the products, not all because face it some products meet other people's opinions and other reach yours so you won't like everything and thats something you have to accept. This though with the two fakes incidents have had me look at Jordan Brand in a different way and make think about what happens and how this has slipped through two times already. The two other major companies about named have never advertised nor did anything positive about all the fakes made about their products. What happened with Jordan Brand is that they advertised it in one of their own ads that was released in many magazines and also one of their own officially licensed products that include a pair of fakes on it. Whether Jordan Brand likes it or not, that is still the promotion of fakes.
New Jersey Nets
#15 Vince Carter #35 Jason Collins #24 Richard Jefferson #5 Jason Kidd - C #12 Nenad Krstic
#31 Lamond Murray #7 Bostjan Nachbar #34 Scott Padgett #10 Zoran Planinic #30 Clifford Robinson
#41 John Thomas #11 Jacque Vaughn #21 Antoine Wright

Quote:
The television shows and magazines that cater to the sneaker community are too scared to put this out there...

Yes. Why do these media act like everything's one big love-fest and never address anything important. Not to blast "It's The Shoes" or its host but when they visited the JB offices and spoke with Gentry, the whole segment was one big Free Pass for JB. Nothing remotely relevant or important was addressed the whole time and, of course, it ended with Bob getting handed a free DMP and Jacket by a beaming Gentry who looked as if he took pride in the garish appearance of the DMP. Gentry: "We brought back the 11...We brought back the 6..." Exactly, you brought back shoes you have no care for so you can milk their appeal, then you don't have the courtesy to make enough for those who actually wanted it. The formula: TV show or magazine puts up zero resistance and plays softball with the shoe company, and the shoe company hooks up TV show host or magazine writer with free merchandise to appear generous and cool to both the show/magazine and it's viewers/readers.

This type of attitude about things helps explain why JB is making a shirt with fake merch on it. They are careless and disrespectful. BTW, that picture makes a terrible t-shirt anyway, real or fake. Why are they making this trash? Probably to squeeze money out of ANYTHING they believe they can sell to the public. If they could sell air in a can with a Jumpman logo on it, they probably would.
GO SUNS GO!
Steve Nash for MVP.
That Boris Diaw trade sure worked out, didn't it?

Quote:
In all fairness, I did not rip on the guy. I basically made my theory from what he said

It's all good. I didn't take anything you said as offensive. Thanks for apologizing indirectly.

:D
happy.gif

I think baby j is right. Fakes are here to stay. I am in the military and have done many tours overseas and know that thier are no copyright laws over there. I have seen so many fake shoes over there. I just laugh. I don't worry about fakes. I buy my shoes where I know for sure they are authentic. JB should do a better job of what they put out but what does it matter? 90% of the people out there who bought this shirt didn't know those shoes were fake. They bought the shirt cuzz they liked it. Hell I would have bought that shirt too. We as nt'ers should worry about more important stuff. I buy and wear my shoes. Thats about it. If a cat I know is wearing fakes and tell him and if he keeps them what can I do? I have done my job. We can't hold everybodys hands. Lets worry about the nice line of jays coming out this year and move on. Holla

Quote:
I agree that someone with the molds has to be selling them to variant makers. They are getting almost dead-on.
I posted this before... i'm not snitching on NO ONE, but SOMEBODY here on NT, works for the company nike and is a verrryy bad boy. The fake sellers are mostly on ISS by the way, they always send e-mails to you on MSN or in your PM, thats why I use my AIM mail now, they always IM me for BS. To be honest, one of the sellers wanted me to be a tester for their shoes to show them what was the problems with the shoe, wanted me point out what to make the shoe better and was dead serious paying me $600.00 every 3-4 weeks! I declined the offer because I felt weird about working with a fake company while I purchase real nike shoes. All I wanna say is, JB messes up all the time.

Oh yeah one more thing, I'm SERIOUS about that $600.00 every 3-4 weeks thing. People called me crazy for passing a deal like that lol.
Cause I'm a MC assassinator
I grab a mag and leave a nag leakin' like activator
Step to this and get shanked up
I knocked out so many teeth the tooth fairy went bankrupt-Big L

what if the owner of the variant IV set up that display to model a previous JB display? just a thought

Quote:
To be honest, one of the sellers wanted me to be a tester for their shoes to show them what was the problems with the shoe, wanted me point out what to make the shoe better and was dead serious paying me $600.00 every 3-4 weeks! I declined the offer because I felt weird about working with a fake company while I purchase real nike shoes

I wish the fake makers got in touch with me. I'd help them in a second and I'd do it for free. I don't need their stupid money.

Screw JB...they don't give a crap about me or what I want (lately they make it so a guy like me with a regular 9-5 job and not in the "sneaker club" can't even get releases), why should I give a crap about them?

**EDIT** - Actually, giving it some thought, making fakes is illegal. Doing something illegal could cause me to be disbarred. Guess I really couldn't risk that just because of my gripes with JB.

This is ridiculous. I think JB noticed that they were fake. I mean it's not that hard to notice. I think they just honestly do not care about variants as long as they're bringing in the doe they bring in after every release.
"There are four things you can do with a mistake: recognize it, admit it, learn from it, and change."

all we need to do is stop buying air-jordans
lets boycott this brand im just fed up with this a fake picture on a a real shirt with tags.
what has happen the sneaker game is the not the same no more back in the days we did not care for retro's we wanted the next best thing we wanted somthing that can not be copyied or imatated. ALL WE WANTED WAS A FRESH PAIR OF KICKS TO PLAY BALL IN AND WEAR CASUAL. KNOW WE MUST BY THE SHOES THE SHIRTS THE HATS THE BRACLETS THE HEADBANDS THE JERSEY AND ALL THE THINGS WE JUST FEINE OFF. WE CAN STOP THIS WE TRIED TO STOP FAKE SELLERS ON EBAY WE PETTION FOR THE MILITARY IVs WE GOT THEM BUT WE DIDNT GET THEM AS WE WANTED
WE ASKED FOR RETROs WE GOT THEM BUT KNOW WE GOTTA BUY ALL THE PAIRS THAT ARE COMING OUT THIS YEAR. CAN WE ATLEAST JUST GET OFF THE BANDWAGON AND STOP THIS. WHERE THE CONSUMERS PEOPLE WHO PUT MONEY IN BIG COMPAINES LIKE NIKE AND JORDAN BRAND THERE IS NO MORE COMPETION WITH THEM THERE A MONOPOLY COMPANY THAT WANT US TO GIVE THEM OUR MONEY AND IN RETURN WE GET SHOTTY GOODS THAT WE TAKE ANYWAY. WE SAY "WHENS THE NEXT RELEASE" BUT WE REALLY SAY "WHEN MY NEXT PAYCHECK I MUST HAVE THESE"

DMP-MSRP $295
DMP-HYPE PRICE-$700 TO $1000

AFTERMATH- FIGHTS, DEAD,BROKE,LOSS OF NOSTALGIA

WE CAN STOP THIS

BOYCOTT JORDAN BRAND

- wow, this thread went crazy. i cant believe JB started out the year like this. i wonder are cats gon do what they say??
- :smh:
nono.gif
@ JB though, what are they doing over there??
[/i]

Good luck with boycotting Jordan Brand. I don't know what would be harder, everyone boycotting the company or trying to put a stop to fakes. Those are just two things that won't happen.

You never know at this point if Jordan Brand even cares about fakes like UNCNatnlChamps made a point in his post. I mean they are getting a significant amount of money that's why they don't care about us and that's why they don't pay to much attention or care about the colorways releasing. So is it a possibility that they don't even care about the variant market out there? It could but in there eyes does it make that much of a difference if they already have people empting their paychecks and camping out for releases and some of their items selling out within the first day? It could make a difference if they did care but to this point who knows?

New Jersey Nets
#15 Vince Carter #35 Jason Collins #24 Richard Jefferson #5 Jason Kidd - C #12 Nenad Krstic
#31 Lamond Murray #7 Bostjan Nachbar #34 Scott Padgett #10 Zoran Planinic #30 Clifford Robinson
#41 John Thomas #11 Jacque Vaughn #21 Antoine Wright

i didn't thnk this would keep going, but i gotta say a couple things. i picked up that shirt about a week ago from the finishline by my house, i thought it was a good looking shirt to match the iv's coming out. thats all i thought, it was a cool shirt and i think almost 80-90% of the people out there who buy jordans would think the same thing. only the real hardcore collectors, not necessarily even the hardcore fans, would notice this. do i think it sucks, yeah, its wack that JB would basically condone fakes, but i think with the exception of NT members and the collectors out there, who would notice and honestly, who would care? it sucks, but everyone expects JB to be the perfect company and they should because they are a reflection of Michael himself, but at the end of the day, they are a company who because of the huge demand for their product and people like us, know they can sell anything with their logo on it.

Back
Top Bottom