Jordan Brand x Fakes/Variants: At it again **pics**

Quote:
Probably didn't want to get in trouble with Gettyimages for stealing their pic

..... so they went to ebay instead :rofl:
roll.gif

Quote:
BTW...this shirt is a Finishline Special-Make-Up shirt (from what I understand...anyone confirm or deny this?)...Thus, it is entirely possible that the only people that saw the shirt before it got to the stores were the Finishline buyer and their JB/Nike sales rep

Wow... I had no idea accounts had their own SMU shirts.

That makes a whole lot of sense now. Back in the day before Foot Locker bought Foot Action they used to have some of the dopest Jordan shirts ever. And I never saw them at any other store. I always thought that for some reason Jordan just allocated certain shirts to certain accounts.

Back on track, though. The shirt this post was made about is terrible. I think the best thing to do is follow abernja's advice. Don't buy the shirt, if you did then return it, and someone needs to get this info to JB so that they pull this shirt from shelves. It's a disgrace!

KM
"One thing we should ALL agree on is that simply because you have a lot of rare shoes DOESN'T automatically make you worthy of respect or reverence... Money isn't a skill" - Method Man​

Quote:
OG pic jumpman faces opposite...and basically they just searched GettyImages and made a shirt out of the pic)

So what? They just searched for a unique photo of the man who OWNS the company, they are not "stealing" from getty images.

F/S: DMP $525 sz.8/LASER 4s/LBJ BDay/MELO/AJ 1-XX/ [/b]CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE

Whats the difference where ALL still going to buy more jordans.I know I am and I think its a dead issue at this point.

JORDAN RETRO 5+ SIZE 8.5 WHITE/SLIVER $315.00 DEADSTOCK
YOU WANT NIKE ID CARDS. I GOT THEM FOR A SMALL FEE. NYC MEET UP FOR CARDS ONLY.
E-MAIL ME AT [email protected] WILL SHIP Shoes Only IF BUYER PAYS SHIPPING.

Quote:
So what? They just searched for a unique photo of the man who OWNS the company, they are not "stealing" from getty images.

Correct...they had to pay the photographer for the picture...just as they do any images that they do not own...

This is why we have never seen a "six rings" shirt as an "official" release...to buy that image and put it on a t-shirt to sell would cost JB A LOT of money...

JM

This could be the most insane post I've ever seen at Niketalk.

By the way: I went to FinishLine at my local mall today and they still had a full size run of tthese shirts. The "1989" shirt was pretty hot I thought and was nearly sold out....
FIRE GENTRY!!!
Team Disgruntled Member #3

"Not knowing our ways'll get you capped like an NBA salary."

- Talib Kweli

Uhm, yes they are.

You ever wonder why in the Jordan Forum, we always be trying to decide what picture should be on the Retro Cards and they never be the ones we get off say GettyImages?

The NBA owns those..not MJ...(am i right?)[/quote]

Quote:
The NBA owns those..not MJ...(am i right?)

Whoever took the picture owns the rights to the picture...thus, Nike/JB must make the decesion whether or not paying what the photographer wants for the image is worth it to them...

JM

yup and instead of paying the guy who took the pic they simply flipped the jumpman and turned it into a "different" pic

ummmm one question...?

Quote:
This is why we have never seen a "six rings" shirt as an "official" release...to buy that image and put it on a t-shirt to sell would cost JB A LOT of money...

so why cant JB take their OWN picture of that same scene with the 6 rings and then use it for their shirts... technically it would be there picture... and theres no law about stealing ideas that have no patent.... ?
reppin' 503
Portland, OR // home of Nike

I had to beg my mother for my 1st pair of J's(IX)- Ever since then I have liked the majority of the J's that have been released, but I do not purchase all of them simply because they are J's- Some of you on here take the shoe game to seriously- when you grow up and buy a condo or house you realize some things are more important than others- Am I dissappointed in JB? Yes, but at the end of the day the health of my family is more important than sneakers and shirts- I grew up in the hood during the time when people would get robbed for their J's and I just can't believe sneakers mean that much to people-

Also, thanks to all the members who post information regarding colorways and etc- You are guys are what makes Niketalk a true community- not the kids asking if they should wear J's to their proms-

Quote:
Whoever took the picture owns the rights to the picture...thus, Nike/JB must make the decesion whether or not paying what the photographer wants for the image is worth it to them...

JM

So, does that mean JB paid the fake companies to use their photo?

damn i wasted a lot of time on this damn post
"People ask me.. you know what I'm saying..If I ever reach the top will I forget about them.So I ask them if I don't reach the top, will yall forget about me"
-Playa Fly​

whats happening to jb..
"IM FROM THE BAY WHERE WE HYPHY AND GO DUMB. FROM THE SOIL WHERE THEM RAPPERS BE GETTIN THEY LINGO FROM." -e40

Not only are they using this pic, but they are actually using the pic which has been stamped 'FAKE' after the fact. Look how the forefoot side rubber is blurry, right where the F was.

So this means the designers were looking at the pic that said "FAKE" and said I wanna put this on a shirt.

Thats insane/

EDIT: pics added on 5/12:

FAKE4.jpg

shirt4.jpg

"It's simple for everyone else, give 'em a Big Mac and a pair of nikes and they're happy..." -

Quote:
Look how the forefoot side rubber is blurry, right where the F was.

You're right. Thats really quite disturbing. Not only should people be losing their jobs over that one, they should pay punitive damages, lol. That @#%$ is rediculous.
I'm not jockin air-force-ones/I'm rockin air-jor-duns...

Its pathetic. Things like this make me want to just give up on JB. I think if Nike was still heading JB and had as much influence as they did before then crap like this wouldn't be going down. Its a slap to every "shoehead" out there, its sad that its come to this.

Back
Top Bottom