Jordan CP3 VII

Apparently they do with this model.  I only have one pair with solid rubber so I can't speak from experience, but I've heard the translucent will give some issues on dusty floors (as with most translucent soles).

I suppose if the courts you mostly play on don't get too dusty you'll be just fine.  Traction pattern on this shoe is excellent IMO -- maybe not the traction of the .VI but it's been great for me.
There only colorway I copped is the xmas and it seems to have a clear sole -___-

Btw, did anyone else get a back order email for the xmas?

Last edited:
I'm still not able to walk, but I'll be playing in my purple pair as soon as I can. It's a nice rubber, so I think it will have good traction on most courts. Could pickup a lot of dust though.

Saw the xmas in person and they're actually really ill. Disgusting in pics but a surprise in real life

I think so. Seemed only HoH's had these, not sure about Niketowns. Online it's pretty much a wrap. Not really caring for anything dropping this weekend except for KD energy's on Tuesday so I'll have to drop in on some HoH's and check.

Anybody who has played in these for a while, I got a question.  Most of the performance questions I can get answered for things like traction and fit and all that.

How about heel-to-toe transition?  This is one of the biggest downsides of the CP3 VI for me, something about the heel strike just doesn't work for me.  I think the VI is one of the best half-court shoes I've ever played in but I can't run up and down court in them like I can in say a Kobe VIII or Hyperdunk.

I'm a runner/sprinter so that's a deal-maker/breaker for me.  Can anyone drop some knowledge?

Anybody who has played in these for a while, I got a question.  Most of the performance questions I can get answered for things like traction and fit and all that.

How about heel-to-toe transition?  This is one of the biggest downsides of the CP3 VI for me, something about the heel strike just doesn't work for me.  I think the VI is one of the best half-court shoes I've ever played in but I can't run up and down court in them like I can in say a Kobe VIII or Hyperdunk.

I'm a runner/sprinter so that's a deal-maker/breaker for me.  Can anyone drop some knowledge?
Deezy -- I've only really ran with these for a few half court sessions so I can't make the best assessment.  I will say that they are money in the half-court, just as the VI.

You won't get quite the same sprinting freedom feel as a kobe 8 or hyperdunk, but I wouldn't say it's a hindrance.  I think the shoe's rigidity and responsiveness sort of makes up for that too.  If I get a chance to play this weekend I'll lace them up and get back to you for a better assessment.

How is the cushioning on these compared to the Kobe 8 or Melo M9?  I have both of those shoes, but want to pick these up because I have heard good things.  I know it won't be like the M9's for sure, but I am hoping it will be good enough...

Thanks for the info. 

Based on Chris Paul's playing style, the VI makes a ton of sense.  It's such a stable shoe and really let's you do what you want in a half court setting.  It's very fitting for moving around fluidly in the half court.  Just not my fave for up and down running so I was hoping the VII was better.

How is the cushioning on these compared to the Kobe 8 or Melo M9?  I have both of those shoes, but want to pick these up because I have heard good things.  I know it won't be like the M9's for sure, but I am hoping it will be good enough...
I've only played in the kobe 8, but I can at least compare to that.

These CP3.VIIs have a bit of a firmer feel compared to the lunarlon in the Kobe 8.  Not quite as pillowy or soft as the Kobe 8, but definitely not uncomfortable.  The CP3.VII setup gives you more responsiveness IMO.  The met zoom unit is just enough zoom and it works really well with the podulite as well.  I thought the heel cushion in these felt great as well.

One major plus over the Kobe 8 cushioning:  these will last you much longer than the lunar insert

Thanks for the info. 

Based on Chris Paul's playing style, the VI makes a ton of sense.  It's such a stable shoe and really let's you do what you want in a half court setting.  It's very fitting for moving around fluidly in the half court.  Just not my fave for up and down running so I was hoping the VII was better.
No problem.

I've only recently paid attention to this stability/rigidity factor in hoop shoes within the past year or so.  I've always preferred shoes that are minimal, yet responsive and allow maximum freedom of motion (including full court sprinting, etc.).  But lately -- I've realized that some performance models with rigid bases (that may seem a bit clunky at first), can be fun to play in for athletic/quick players.

I suppose it's sort of a trade-off and in the end it's not making a drastic difference, but definitely interesting to me.

I apologize for the tangent 
laugh.gif

Nah feel free to tangent away.

I think a big issue is when you try on shoes, you can't really sprint up and down and cut hard to test them out.  I guess you can, but you might get some looks and reprimands.  But all people usually do is take a few light jumps, bounce up and down and take a few steps or jog a little, which is nothing compared to what you'll really do in a game.

So I liked the feel of the CP3 VI's for all of that try-on stuff, and I still do, but not for all out sprints.  The traction is so good though, so it's kind of a downer.

I'm not a fan of the Hyperdunk Elite step-in feel, but for sprinting up and down it's one of the best I've ever worn. 

Really need to try out the VII's, they're getting good feedback from pretty much everywhere and that's usually a sure sign of a winner.

Just picked up some Bel Airs for like $80. Best CP3 shoe since the 3's IMO.  the toe box reminds me of a jordan XII, which is my favorite pair of # jays.

^Not bad at all

Really love the iD options for the CP3.  Can't justify a second pair of these though with all the other models I've got

yea it's nice to be able to get nearly any look you want with the ID's. can match any outfit with a slick pair of J's

If I'm a 10, would I be good in a 10.5 for casual wear? bc that's all I can get
I think you'd probably be fine, especially for casual wear.

You may have to actually tie them up somewhat though, not sure if they'd slip a little at half size up

I gotta try these on, but I'm halfway sold on em.

Talked to a guy I ball with at the gym who had on the white Bel Airs.  Had only good things to say about them as well and he's coming from the Kobe 8's, which is what I'm hooping in now.

I picked up the Xmas version when they dropped and got them earlier this week, and man do they pop like crazy. Didnt realie how much 3M was on the shoe, definitely one of my faves to rock

Back
Top Bottom