Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

i think these are probably the best retros since 94. 2013 was cool, but the nike heel tab font made it look like a great value 3 and the jordan bottom logo made no sense. Free throw line was dope to me but could not get past translucent outsole.

I really dont mind the aged looked. Really geeked for this.

Idk man. 10 years ago, I’m with you but I can always gauge how hard it's going to be to get a sneaker based on the 19-22 year old college kids I teach all day (born between 2000-2004). They the ones who really dictate these markets and demand. I see zero 3s on a day to day basis, but 25 pairs of Panda Dunks, collaboration Crocs, Birkenstocks, Jordan 1s, and 4s

People under 25 don’t care that Mike jumped from the FT line, 15 years before they were born. They grew up in an era of people jumping over Kias, and 12 midgets

I knew L&F 1s was gonna be a problem when I heard kids talking about them 2-3 months in advance because of Shoetubers hyping them up as “super rare and exclusive”. But if you ask them kids why they wanted L&F, none of their answers have to do with MJ. It’s all about FOMO, fitting in, and having the “sneaker of the year” for IG outfit purposes

None of this is a bad thing. I just predict that the 30+ crowd who REALLY gonna want these 3s and understand the significance should be able to scoop without a lot of competition from kids. Should be even sweeter if they make a lot of pairs
How many pairs are they going to make though?

Even if demand is mostly limited to the hardcores, will it matter if they only make 100,000?

...I can't predict these things anymore.

From the way how Nike/Jordan Brand is operating nowadays, i won't be into the OG Colorways that are going to be released for the next 5 to 10 years. Seems like the reimagined theme BS is going to be on the next wave of OG colorways that are coming out next.

Im sure that we're going to get reimagined Bred 1,s Royal 1,s, Black/Cement 3,s, True Blue 3,s Fire Red 3,s Black/Cement 5,s, White/Fire 5,s, along with OG 6, 7, 8, 9, 10,11, and 12 and 13 colorways.

They're going to milk the og reimagined theme on all OG colorways going forward. Im not going to front though, they did a massive improvement with the shape and elephant print cut alone in my opinion. I just get over that yellow midsole and yellow heel tab that they have the nerve to throw on these.

They just know how thirsty the majority of y'all are for OG Colorways, that they can get away this. That's the sad part about the reimagined theme with these OG colorway releases. Shoes don't even be looking new fresh out of the box, and y'all still eatin them up with no hesitation.

I passed on the Chicago L&F 1,s at retail because I have the 2015. Also, i was never a huge fan of the Chicago 1,s in comparison to Blk/Red 1. The L&F is just a social media hyped shoes, because I wasnt impressed with how they look in person. Im not a fan of the aged pre yellow look, and hate how that's a big trend right now. Like TF, whoever started the hype with that with off-white and etc, needs to be shot literally.

Like i want my clothes to be new looking, not beat up or chewed or stained or discolored being sold as new. End of my rant, y'all can go back to salivating over this overhyped reimagined bs though lol.

4,s and 1,s have taken over with what the youngsters are into nowadays. 4,s taking the lead as the most popular retro Jordans amongst the younger demographic. Which is really weird to me, because 4,s are good/cool on how they look, but they're not the best looking to me.

Resell on 4,s are all high because of the hype the young ones have brought to that silhouette. It doesn't even matter what colorway it is, or if they do or don't have NA on back, 4,s are the it shoe amongst them right now. I was never big on 4,s, so it was never a issue to me.

I was told that the youngsters make certain retros and certain shoes popular once alot of them create hype and gravitate towards certain models through tiktok and ig hype. So 3,s or any other models could very well take over the hype train within the next few months if the 15 yo to 25 yo tell each other that's going to be the hype shoe/model for the next 1 to 3 years like they've been doing lately.

End of my rant
8CB8898B-4849-44CF-A01D-153C0AF912A9.jpeg

3059A4D9-BFB0-4944-AB89-8316EDEA3B23.gif

From the way how Nike/Jordan Brand is operating nowadays, i won't be into the OG Colorways that are going to be released for the next 5 to 10 years. Seems like the reimagined theme BS is going to be on the next wave of OG colorways that are coming out next.

Im sure that we're going to get reimagined Bred 1,s Royal 1,s, Black/Cement 3,s, True Blue 3,s Fire Red 3,s Black/Cement 5,s, White/Fire 5,s, along with OG 6, 7, 8, 9, 10,11, and 12 and 13 colorways.

They're going to milk the og reimagined theme on all OG colorways going forward. Im not going to front though, they did a massive improvement with the shape and elephant print cut alone in my opinion. I just get over that yellow midsole and yellow heel tab that they have the nerve to throw on these.

They just know how thirsty the majority of y'all are for OG Colorways, that they can get away this. That's the sad part about the reimagined theme with these OG colorway releases. Shoes don't even be looking new fresh out of the box, and y'all still eatin them up with no hesitation.

I passed on the Chicago L&F 1,s at retail because I have the 2015. Also, i was never a huge fan of the Chicago 1,s in comparison to Blk/Red 1. The L&F is just a social media hyped shoes, because I wasnt impressed with how they look in person. Im not a fan of the aged pre yellow look, and hate how that's a big trend right now. Like TF, whoever started the hype with that with off-white and etc, needs to be shot literally.

Like i want my clothes to be new looking, not beat up or chewed or stained or discolored being sold as new. End of my rant, y'all can go back to salivating over this overhyped reimagined bs though lol.

Cant blame Nike. They taking a page out of the Disney playbook.

Reimagined OG CW = Live action Disney remake

aladdin-1992-poster.jpg

Everybody loves Aladdin. Nobody loves live action Aladdin, but people gave it a chance and checked it out for nostalgia sake

Ask Disney, and all they can see is that live action Aladdin made A BILLION dollars, so people must love this trend and want more. L&F 1s doing what they just did is the equivalent of Aladdin making a billion dollars despite people preferring the original. But too many people already have the original, so they need to find a new gimmick to make people consume it again.

Back
Top Bottom