Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

2003 white cement 3s with the legacy 312 sole swap i got done last year and the Nike air tabs. Hopefully i can get a pair next year

3075FEE1-43FA-4265-8971-800348A280EE.jpeg
I still want vengeance against the person who stole my 03 cements from my fraternity, so much for brotherhood

Idk man. 10 years ago, I’m with you but I can always gauge how hard it's going to be to get a sneaker based on the 19-22 year old college kids I teach all day (born between 2000-2004). They the ones who really dictate these markets and demand. I see zero 3s on a day to day basis, but 25 pairs of Panda Dunks, collaboration Crocs, Birkenstocks, Jordan 1s, and 4s

People under 25 don’t care that Mike jumped from the FT line, 15 years before they were born. They grew up in an era of people jumping over Kias, and 12 midgets

I knew L&F 1s was gonna be a problem when I heard kids talking about them 2-3 months in advance because of Shoetubers hyping them up as “super rare and exclusive”. But if you ask them kids why they wanted L&F, none of their answers have to do with MJ. It’s all about FOMO, fitting in, and having the “sneaker of the year” for IG outfit purposes

None of this is a bad thing. I just predict that the 30+ crowd who REALLY gonna want these 3s and understand the significance should be able to scoop without a lot of competition from kids. Should be even sweeter if they make a lot of pairs

I concur to all of this. I work at a sneaker store so I see all ages from lil kids to grandpas. Most youngsters are not gonna be checking for these we had 4 size runs of the fire reds and it was mostly older cats poppin in on raffles. For the pairs that sat the younger crowd would cop but they were more like an afterthought(like "oh ya'll got these? My size? Hmm lemme walk around right quick I'll be back.") and parents looking to buy some fresh back to school shoes for their teenagers who were really like "thanks dad, but do ya'll got any 4s though? Military Blacks? Black Cats? :nerd: " :rofl: I agree with you these won't be that hard to cop as much as these guys are anticipating. The youth dictate the trends right now. 3s aint it to them at the moment and I hope it stays that way. I wish models 15 & 20 became the wave that way we could all eat a lil better :rofl:

The thing is, the youngins who don't care about these, know that us older cats want em heavy, and they'll cop/bot all the pairs and tax us on the resell market.

This is the game bro.

Don't let NT fool u into thinking these gonna be easy.

Definitely not NT just gotta pay attention to the social trends. If they do sell out, I guarantee resell won't even be that crazy. White cements aside III's just ain't the wave and that's not even counting for all the crazy stuff and collabs that will be dropping next year that will detract attention from this release. If a collab 4 and these drop the same week people are definitely gunning for the 4 en masse.

FR3 really not in the same conversation

And idc what holiday 11 is coming, wc3 >>>.
Isn’t the columbias already confirmed? But they’re coming mid-year or something ?

For the release in 2011, they were readily available if you really wanted them but they didn’t last long. 2013 88’ Cement pair sold out instantly but only released online if I’m not mistake. I say all that to say I have no idea how this release is going to go 😂 but good luck to all.

Lol at people who keep asking why anyone would want shoes that look pre-aged. Newsflash - there are a lot of us who actually wear our shoes and don’t keep them in the box, only to be worshipped a couple of times a year. My 2003s and 2011s have been worn as winter boots, and if I were to post a pic of them, you’d understand why I don’t really care about yellow midsoles and heel tabs. Lol

I wear all of my shoes and ultimately enjoy when they become beaters and I no longer care. HOWEVER, I like to buy them new and fresh and let them age normally. Some shoes look awesome aged and worn and even yellow, while I tend to lose interest in other shoes that don't look so good. Yellow back tabs are one for sure that just look bad. That said, I'm definitely info one pair of these. I've never had a WC3. I recall them sitting on shelves in 2003 and just passing right by them thinking, wow, this retro thing is nuts...they're still selling these old shoes and at that price. That was prior to my really getting back into shoes and discovering the retro market. I missed some amazing shoes back then.

If Nike really wanted to do their loyal fans a solid, and they want to be known as an environmentally friendly company, how about they reserve pairs for people who send in their previous models of the retro releasing? They can then take in the beaters and recycle them, turn them into new shoes. Everyone wins.

Lol at people who keep asking why anyone would want shoes that look pre-aged. Newsflash - there are a lot of us who actually wear our shoes and don’t keep them in the box, only to be worshipped a couple of times a year. My 2003s and 2011s have been worn as winter boots, and if I were to post a pic of them, you’d understand why I don’t really care about yellow midsoles and heel tabs. Lol
I wonder if these people only wear solid color denim as well. Colors, fades, rips, all pre-aged.

What's the correlation? I wear every sneaker I own and still don't want my sneakers lookin like piss straight out the box.

Agree with y’all man. Foresee these being more like the FR3 release in terms of ease of access. Feel like most folks shouldn’t have too much issue in getting a pair.
But time will tell

Pretty much. People talking about these reaching L&F hype levels just because it's another "re-imagined" shoe are ODing on their own nostalgia for this shoe.

Wont be as easy as the FR3, where if you put in even the most basic work (ie just waking up on time) there were almost zero strikeouts between release and some restocks that sat for an hour or two. That thread became everybody who wanted FR3s posting pictures of their 5 pairs and trying to decide which 3 to keep based on millimeter differences in elephant print height.

Not saying WC3 gonna be like that, or people can sleep in and still secure pairs, but it certainly ain't gonna be a L&F situation or anything close to that tho.

People keep saying "But its WC3s not FR3. Big difference".. Yeah, big difference to the 30+ crowd who know. Ask a teenager who skipped out on FR3s to buy Tom Sachs General Shoes what the difference is between FR3 and WC3. Watch them shrug and walk away

What's the correlation? I wear every sneaker I own and still don't want my sneakers lookin like piss straight out the box.
The correlation is that I will take an aged pair because they still look 1000% better than my current pairs. Here’s my pair of “Winterized 3s” as reference.

Attachments

• F37BE5AE-8D18-40DE-8DD7-67FDE78359D4.jpeg
    F37BE5AE-8D18-40DE-8DD7-67FDE78359D4.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 1,454
Back
Top Bottom