Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Dudes is getting MAD weird in this thread now 🤣

Just a discussion, there is not stock to find... eBay or the reseller sites (GOAT, Flight Club, StockX, etc) is your best bet.

Rather discuss the culture than EP quality talk and mixing and matching pairs.

3rd Base and Beastie Boys existed so hip hop isn't black culture :nthat:
Sudden urge to put Gas Face on my Playlist :lol:
66DABE34-4F16-4A59-A2ED-FB4AC0434296.gif

Michael Jordan was the most popular athlete and one of the biggest global superstars in the 90s, to say any of his apparel was just a “black thing” is about the dumbest thing ever :lol:
Just like most other things, the hood made it popular. The hood made it cool. Who do all the suburban kids try to emulate? We set the trends. Nothing racist, it just is, what it is. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Expound, please.
Easy, we always wore sneakers as a fashion statement or accessory to compliment our outfits. We never looked at them as just "tennis shoes." Even down to the way we laced them. Even before Jordan, think what rundmc did with/for shellhead Adidas. You really acting like you don't know what he meant? 🤦🏾‍♂️

Anyway, I've already foolishly contributed to the derailment of the thread so I'ma stop here.

Just like most other things, the hood made it popular. The hood made it cool. Who do all the suburban kids try to emulate? We set the trends. Nothing racist, it just is, what it is. 🤷🏾‍♂️
That's true with a lot of things but not this one. Little Timmy in the burbs didn't know what was popping in the hood in 1988 but he knew MJ jumped from the FT line and he knew Nike commercials.

His point was sneakers was a black thing until 92 and that's just not true. MJ was a global icon by 88/89. Tons of little white kids were wearing 3s and 4s.

But yea obviously things have changed. We see pics 6 months before a release now. That wasn't the case back then. People interrupted my class to get a glimpse.
Oh, okay. My bad thought he was talking about popularity. Of course. All cultures were into sneakers just like all cultures were into hip hop. Black people definitely lead the charge in some cases but all peoples were in the fight. We all in this.

Social Media, marketing, and profitability have made sneakers blow up to what they are today.

The only ones mad about it and gatekeeping are the ones who can’t cop a shoe they want because they in fact might be washed *shrug*

Ok, my last point.... I don't THINK anyone saying white, Asian, suburbanites, etc. weren't wearing jordans. Obviously, that's not true. They are CORRECTLY saying who created sneaker CULTURE! There's a big difference. Again, we NEVER looked at them as just "tennis shoes," good or bad. Ok, I'm officially done.

Back to EP and factory talk.

H headdetective I ain't know. I'm just scrolling thru and the thread moving fast. I just happen to see your post and replied. 😳

Back
Top Bottom