Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

To each their own. I wear jordans with dress clothes on the daily at my job. Looks fine to me and more of my coworkers are doing the same. To me 11s definitely are a super versatile sneaker. 1s and 3s as well but 11s are my GOAT easy.

Sneakers won't ever look as good with a suit as hard bottoms...period. That being said I've seen it done well and done right way too many times to throw that baby out with the bath water. In alot of cases though suits with sneakers looks about as goofy as gym shorts with gators 🤣. The degree of difficulty is very high, and if you haven't mastered entry level suiting then you might want to get that down first. But to each his own. That's what style/fashion is all about. Any non-cupsole sneaker is risky, 11s included and probably near the top of that list.......But, alas....how do I know it can be done?

giphy.gif

Jordan 11's or Jordan 3's with a wedding tux is just a hard look to pull off successfully. The novelty of it all has worn off as well. it's neither shocking or unique in 2023. If I'm wearing a real suit, something like a Stan Smith is about the furthest it'd go with sneakers. But, I have other non-traditional suits with different cuts, fits, and fabrics that i almost exclusively wear with my Wallabees or low top sneakers or boots.

Also, on a related note....it's 2023 and you can buy and tailor a decent suit for the same or less than you'd rent one. Do yourself and your groomsmen and your invited guests a favor and just do that. Especially if your groomsmen are having to pay for their own rentals. One year about 5 of us got married. Rather than renting 5 different ill-fitting tuxes we bought suits, mostly from the same shop, and had them tailored. We looked better, felt better, it was the cost was virtually the same or significantly less in some cases. And most importantly you got to keep a dope, custom fitted suit to wear on other occasions instead of paying the same money and getting nothing out of it.

I repped your post but during my wedding reception I switched to AMM 1s (wore a burgundy tux) because my feet couldn’t take the hard bottom shoes any longer after damn near 12 hours.

Otherwise I agree and I made sure no formal photos had the Js on.
I too switched to baklava NB for my reception lmao. I have an excuse for bc I had a sprained ankle n my shoes killed me during da wedding lmao

To each their own. I wear jordans with dress clothes on the daily at my job. Looks fine to me and more of my coworkers are doing the same. To me 11s definitely are a super versatile sneaker. 1s and 3s as well but 11s are my GOAT easy.
Pics?

I'm anywhere from 5'10-6' depending on the shoes I'm wearing and what my hair is looking like that day.

Gotta finesse it.

I'll never give up high tops.

The only thing I don't understand is people who wear pants that cover 60% of the shoe.

Might as well just wear lows imo.

...to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom