Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Random consumers that are willing to shell out $700 for an early pair on eBay usually don’t know the difference of real vs fake anyway. Not saying the shoes they are getting are fake but the folks who buy early for crazy amounts tend to be people who are naive and don’t know any better.

I would hope folks aren’t just tossing $700 to a random IG seller when goat has them for instant ship which means they’re already in hand and authenticated. And eBay has sellers that are shipping with authentication. There’s a lot of BS going in the sneaker game these days but it’s not hopeless.

Head on down to r/Sneakers if you’re looking for happy people holding hands, singing Kumbaya and ****. Lol
Not looking for that. I'm just looking for a little less sodium in my NT diet.

This reps/legit conversation is on the surface. Under it is saltier than an ice cream truck saladito.

Not looking for that. I'm just looking for a little less sodium in my NT diet.

This reps/legit conversation is on the surface. Under it is saltier than an ice cream truck saladito.
I dunno man. You’re in a message board about a hobby that’s currently being gentrified right now, where it’s mainly the rich people getting everything they want via resellers. For the average sneakerhead who doesn’t have unlimited funds, Ls are more common than Ws thanks to resellers………….so yeah, you’re definitely going to see a lot of salt in here.

I dunno man. You’re in a message board about a hobby that’s currently being gentrified right now, where it’s mainly the rich people getting everything they want via resellers. For the average sneakerhead who doesn’t have unlimited funds, Ls are more common than Ws thanks to resellers………….so yeah, you’re definitely going to see a lot of salt in here.
Let me be a bit more succinct,

Early LEGIT pairs have always, and I mean ALWAYS been a part of the game. Even more so now because Nike/JB have clearly changed their strategy to appear to make more pairs and still maintain the perceived level of exclusivity that they had when they were releasing 50-100k pairs of Concord 11s for Xmas.

And in fairness and transparency, early reps have been a part of the game as well.

I know my pair is legit, that's why I don't even bother to jump in the mix.

To suggest that every pair you see early has a high possibility of being reps is just not realistic.

I personally feel like that suggestion doesn't come from a place of true educated skepticism, but from saltiness that some folks have a pair and you ( not you ill4eva ill4eva ) don't.

I'm here for the jokes and debate too.

But let's not let NTers blow smoke up our butts and tell us there's a fire.

Transparency: I got my pair from the same guy Nightwing gets his early pairs from to do his reviews. He's solid. I also got taxed. Not too the tune of 700 or nothing like that (not even close). It was a price I felt good about.

Especially since I've sold 30+ pairs recently and pocketed 10k+.

I'm with you regarding the gentrification of this hobby. But, this conversation isn't THAT.

Last edited:
Let me be a bit more succinct,

Early LEGIT pairs have always, and I mean ALWAYS been a part of the game. Even more so now because Nike/JB have clearly changed their strategy to appear to make more pairs and still maintain the perceived level of exclusivity that they had when they were releasing 50-100k pairs of Concord 11s for Xmas.

And in fairness and transparency, early reps have been a part of the game as well.

I know my pair is legit, that's why I don't even bother to jump in the mix.

To suggest that every pair you see early has a high possibility of being reps is just not realistic.

I personally feel like that suggestion doesn't come from a place of true educated skepticism, but from saltiness that some folks have a pair and you ( not you ill4eva ill4eva ) don't.

I'm here for the jokes and debate too.

But let's not let NTers blow smoke up our butts and tell us there's a fire.

Transparency: I got my pair from the same guy Nightwing gets his early pairs from to do his reviews. He's solid. I also got taxed. Not too the tune of 700 or nothing like that (not even close). It was a price I felt good about.

Especially since I've sold 30+ pairs recently and pocketed 10k+.

I'm with you regarding the gentrification of this hobby. But, this conversation isn't THAT.

Appreciate you sharing this. I didn’t even want to bother diving deeper into how early shoes come to market outside of the tier zeros generally that brings up even more questions than anything else. But yes you’re 100% right. Early authentic shoes have been around for a long time. As well as fakes. But as long as you’re willing to pay there’s always someone with a reputation that has access.

from the folks I know, early tax is/was ~$450 which tells me there’s gonna be a good amount of pairs. So I passed

Appreciate you sharing this. I didn’t even want to bother diving deeper into how early shoes come to market outside of the tier zeros generally that brings up even more questions than anything else. But yes you’re 100% right. Early authentic shoes have been around for a long time. As well as fakes. But as long as you’re willing to pay there’s always someone with a reputation that has access.

from the folks I know, early tax is/was ~$450 which tells me there’s gonna be a good amount of pairs. So I passed
The price I paid was in that neighborhood.

I got caught slipping on the LF Chicago 1. I didn't want to go thru that with this one. With the LFs, I have a 2 pairs of 2015 Chicago's and a pair of spiderverse 1s, so it wasn't a big deal. This one though...nah, not fuggin around with this one.

Looking to get a double up and break my own rule. This one is too versatile.

The price I paid was in that neighborhood.

I got caught slipping on the LF Chicago 1. I didn't want to go thru that with this one. With the LFs, I have a 2 pairs of 2015 Chicago's and a pair of spiderverse 1s, so it wasn't a big deal. This one though...nah, not fuggin around with this one.

Looking to get a double up and break my own rule. This one is too versatile.

Early prices weren’t nearly has favorable for the lost and founds but got a lot better when it got closer to release. I gambled with those and ended up hitting one for retail and paid $370 for the second pair the day after everyone started getting status access and exclusive access on SNKRS. Im feeling like the same will be the case for these. A lot of demand but a lot of stock out there. I’m not banking on retail but I’ve got a number that looking at that’ll I’ll jump on if I see it.

Keeping my 2013s as clean as possible so i can get both 2023 and 2013 side by side. Yes i wear them occasionally.
13848723-3417-4DB6-B5C7-D5F5A451DBF7.jpeg
91CB04FC-E3C6-414E-A2D9-FE9D72DC7D4E.jpeg
CE30A5EC-2E91-4937-9C64-2EA15791E7AC.jpeg
E565F9C4-31BF-42BC-B19D-C9C9D612BB50.jpeg

Last edited:
May have to re-install SNKRS for this release. White and Cement 3s one of my favorite Jordan’s of all time. Perfect shoe for spring and summer. Hell year round.

Already know I’m taking the L. I’ll just keep wearing my 2011s until they crumble into dust.

Carry on.

Paying $700 for something that cost $210 is stupid…no matter what it is.
So if it was Nike charging you $700 right out the gate (like what designer brands do) then it wouldn’t be stupid? Idk how many times I need to say this “Retail price” is a meaningless number when it comes to high demand low supply products

Are those J Balvin 2s worth $300 just because Nike said so? Are CDG 97s “supposed to be” $300 just cause? DS OW 1s ain’t worth it if they cost more than $170 ?

The market price is always more relevant than the retail price.

Back
Top Bottom