Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

It looks like they improved the shape

IMG_5349.jpeg

46A9109B-3C6A-41A5-84F1-C8F8E8C2D67E.gif

Keep in mind how long people waited for a blk/red retro that resembled anything close to the 89 and 99 pairs. That was the 2019 retro, not the 2008s, not the 2012s. IMO, not these 2024s either.

Imagine if these shiny leather 2024 IVs released in 2019. Reimagine if the 2019 IVs released in 2024.

You would probably praise the ones we actually got in 2019 if they released in 2024, and chances are Nike would have improved some of the things they didn’t get right on previous retros by then, I hope.

When are people going to start admitting that the PEOPLE at Jordan-Nike are POS?😂

I mean after 20 years of trash retros I can't think of another reason why they keep screwing the most loyal customers.

(I don't want to hear that they're appealing to a mass audience because they can make all of their retros exactly like OGs and still get the same amount of sales to casual people)

Well they can’t replicate the same durabuck, but yes they could get everything else corrected for the most part.

When are people going to start admitting that the PEOPLE at Jordan-Nike are POS?😂

I mean after 20 years of trash retros I can't think of another reason why they keep screwing the most loyal customers.

(I don't want to hear that they're appealing to a mass audience because they can make all of their retros exactly like OGs and still get the same amount of sales to casual people)

The Brand can do whatever they want and their product will sell regardless. Do you think they lose sleep at night over all the retros that I passed on because they didn’t hold up to my personal standards? Nah there’s thousands of buyers behind me that will double up because Jordans.

The people that hold the keys to this Brand don’t care about their legacy other than people buy Jumpmans. I don’t stress over it anymore. I like it or I leave them alone.

I don’t take anything more seriously than it takes itself and I try not to waste my energy on things I can’t change. It works for me.

At this point I’m looking for a pair of 99s with a nds upper for a sole swap. I’ll spend the money idc
My plan was to re-swap my 99s but the guy who I reached out to was worried about the upper being too fragile to do. I didn’t bother with a 2nd opinion. Now I just admire them.

IMG_6495.jpeg

I don’t think they will ever get this good again. The Retro was like magic back then guys. Magic.

People like me thought we’d never see or wear these models again. Magic I tells ya.

im sure the next round of BC4 like 5 or 7 years from now will have that thicky puffy shape like the 89 and 99. they gonna pump out all these reimagined ones next few years. the SB4 shape looked pretty damn good i think. if the upcoming militarys have it...only good things can come from there

That looks like it changes the texture completely

It’s not exactly the same but the feel of the material is just about the same. The downside is that it has more of a sheen than the original durabuck but it’s better than the grey material showing through the cracks. The nubuck powder is another way to go about it but i don’t know if even that is a exact match since it’s meant to fill in nubuck and not durabuck

Speaking of…is it possible to fix durabuck like this??:nerd:

IMG_1224.jpeg
Unfortunately not, you can look in
It’s not exactly the same but the feel of the material is just about the same. The downside is that it has more of a sheen than the original durabuck but it’s better than the grey material showing through the cracks. The nubuck powder is another way to go about it but i don’t know if even that is a exact match since it’s meant to fill in nubuck and not durabuck
You think a matt finish would help with that? Not a fan of the tennisball method but your pair looks better than most

So can 24 year old durabuck in undamaged condition be cleaned with something like Jason markk without causing more damage?

So can 24 year old durabuck in undamaged condition be cleaned with something like Jason markk without causing more damage?
I wouldn't recommend it. I used a soft bristle brush on mine to get dust off and they didn't flake or get any worse. Conditioning is key, not sure if anyone out there had the foresight to condition basketball shoes back then. Mink oil helped keep mine from flaking as much.

Back
Top Bottom