Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

I’m getting a pair because I need replacements for my motorsport iv’s I wear for work. I’ve worn those shoes down to the point it’s starting to crack open on the bottom soles. And that’s the only reason I want these!

Imho, nike releases way too many colorways for sig athletes now and really since the Lebron 7. I liked it when the Air Jordan had 3-5 colorways per year. Gave it a sense of limited feel. Lebrons line did that kind of as well up to the Lebron 4. I have to say though, I do love PEs/F&F/limited releases.

2001 Columbias were legitimately terrible. A hint of greenish blue in the outsole if you squint really hard. Everyone seems to hate the legend blue pair but at least they have a blue sole. I personally wouldn’t be caught dead in a pair of XIs with a backwards jumpman though. It’ll be nice to finally get an actual retro.

2001 Columbias were legitimately terrible. A hint of greenish blue in the outsole if you squint really hard. Everyone seems to hate the legend blue pair but at least they have a blue sole. I personally wouldn’t be caught dead in a pair of XIs with a backwards jumpman though. It’ll be nice to finally get an actual retro.
That's pretty drastic. Terrible? No way. The only thing missing on those is the icy blue soles of the 96' pair. Other than that they were a pretty spot on retro. The Legend Blues are horrific in many ways.

That's pretty drastic. Terrible? No way. The only thing missing on those is the icy blue soles of the 96' pair. Other than that they were a pretty spot on retro. The Legend Blues are horrific in many ways.
I disagree. I actually think that entire run of retros were bad, including the concords and breds. I still had my og concords at the time. They were lower cut and most importantly the ankle collar was missing the stiff padding which helped it keep its shape. The breds were also missing the white line on the patent. I was happy to have them back at the time, but I remember being really disappointed with all of the missing details.

I disagree. I actually think that entire run of retros were bad, including the concords and breds. I still had my og concords at the time. They were lower cut and most importantly the ankle collar was missing the stiff padding which helped it keep its shape. The breds were also missing the white line on the patent. I was happy to have them back at the time, but I remember being really disappointed with all of the missing details.
The 01 Black/red’s are definitely more comfortable then the 2019 retro based off what I remember

Those are small details. I have the 95 and 00 Cords and the patent isn't THAT much higher on the OGs. The white line on the 01 playoffs is another small change. I mean if you were disappointed you're entitled to that belief. I think calling a retro that in many ways was an improvement over the OG (comfort mainly) is a bit extreme. No retro will ever be exact to any OG. My only big gripe with the 00/01 XI set was the Columbia's not having the icy blue sole like the OGs. Other than that, that set is some of the best retros JB has ever put out imo.

The 2019 looks so forced imo. The patent is insanely high cut and the toebox is definitely off too. I know you're not necessarily advocating for the 2019, im just saying I'd take the 01 any day over those.
I agree.

I remember vividly after my 01’s got beat up. I didn’t get a Jordan 11 until the Gamma’s in 2012 or 2013. Boy, I immediately saw the difference in quality as soon as I took them out the box. They were so cheap. I remember seeing how stiff the leather ankle color was compared to the 01 playoff 11’s. It felt like cardboard. The 01’s were super soft.

The hot takes on this forum are becoming BOILING takes, lol.

96 Bred 11 > 2019 Bred 11 >>>>>>>>> 2001 Bred 11. 2019’s over 2001’s all day every day and twice on friggin Sundays. Same with Concords.

The small details absolutely matter. The white rands on the 96’ and 2019 make the shoe.

The 2019’s are ok comfort wise, but as far as looks more close to the Original, the 2019’s by a landslide. Only thing the 01’s got is the comfort. Although, 01’s was a pretty good retro.

1704224873728.png

1704224893578.png

1704224913729.png

Back
Top Bottom