Jordan (Nike) Restock Day 5/25/13!!!!! (Info on page 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
June 1st is gonna be a rough day! Grapes, Black Grapes AND rent is due...hustling like there is NO tomorrow! Selling shoes that I don't wear so I can copp what I missed
tired.gif
Well the Black Grapes are being pushed back to 6/15.  So you have some room now.

Well the Black Grapes are being pushed back to 6/15.  So you have some room now.
Right, so now I have to find out how the Grape restock will go..... To me if they are trying to make as much profit as possible my May 31st, why wouldnt the Grapes be restocked on the 25th as well...... Maybe that will change, since the Black Grapes were moved...

Right, so now I have to find out how the Grape restock will go..... To me if they are trying to make as much profit as possible my May 31st, why wouldnt the Grapes be restocked on the 25th as well...... Maybe that will change, since the Black Grapes were moved...

probable because they released what they wanted when they released last week.

I'm actually thinking I might wait for the outlet pairs(Graapes),LOL. Should hit around August for 129-139.00.

Probably because they are trying to leverage the oldest remaining inventory to up this quarter's numbers, while Grapes and other spring releases will see restocks in August/September. It's hard to tell though how much this is a cohesive plan between Nike and its partner retailers, and how much of this is inventory that retailers are receiving from Nike for the 5/25 date. Is it some of both or is all of this inventory coming from Nike?

What's clear is that you can now expect massive restocks (compared to the past) on a quarterly basis this year - and likely moving forward until the Jordan craze dies down. I might scoop a couple on 5/25, but just confirms that anyone with a brain should avoid resellers trying to ream them and just have patience knowing that there will be multiple opportunities in the future for most releases, online and/or in-store.

I got a ??  My local Nike Outlet is releasing Jordan 13 Red/Black .. Are those considered B Grades ? Never bought Jordans from an Outlet Store

Probably because they are trying to leverage the oldest remaining inventory to up this quarter's numbers, while Grapes and other spring releases will see restocks in August/September. It's hard to tell though how much this is a cohesive plan between Nike and its partner retailers, and how much of this is inventory that retailers are receiving from Nike for the 5/25 date. Is it some of both or is all of this inventory coming from Nike?

What's clear is that you can now expect massive restocks (compared to the past) on a quarterly basis this year - and likely moving forward until the Jordan craze dies down. I might scoop a couple on 5/25, but just confirms that anyone with a brain should avoid resellers trying to ream them and just have patience knowing that there will be multiple opportunities in the future for most releases, online and/or in-store.
Its a combo of both, Nike does give the retailers the option to hold pairs for things like All Star or whatever, but at the end of the day its still Nike/JB money. I know that Nike/JB sent out info to Finishline to push whatever they have left, im sure the same was done for Footlocker, Footaction, and Champs. That is why most of these shoes are only available at one store and the other shoes are availabe at another store... I also have info that Finishline paid in full for some shoes as well to keep them from being sold on the 25th, so they can decide when they drop, I dont have info on which shoe that is tho...

I'm going to have to use mobile on the 25th, any tips on the best way to secure a pair and checkout for a first timer?

Agree with almost everything stated except the fact that we really DON'T know that there will be a continued trend of restocks for "most future releases". We are assuming because that has been the pattern since February of this year. I would love for this pattern to continue so everyone can have a chance at pairs they missed but assuming things are going to stay like this is a bit premature. Crossing my fingers though....

Agree with almost everything stated except the fact that we really DON'T know that there will be a continued trend of restocks for "most future releases". We are assuming because that has been the pattern since February of this year. I would love for this pattern to continue so everyone can have a chance at pairs they missed but assuming things are going to stay like this is a bit premature. Crossing my fingers though....
But this is shoes that go back as far as Feb of LAST year. So I see this as clearly a long-term thing that has only come about because production has caught up. The first execution of this came last fall with the Black VII's too.

What I don't understand is if this inventory is in the hands of the retailers, it's NOT on the books of Nike. It isn't changing anything from an accounting standpoint, which makes the whole idea of this being a quarterly earnings push a little more unlikely IMO.

Last edited:
Is there a way to find out which outlets will have Jordans, or is it just luck of the draw and you have to go and hope for the best? 

I'm wondering if the closest outlet to me will have the 13s, or any other Js for that matter.  I never bother calling these stores anymore either because no one knows what they're talking about, they usually know 10x LESS than I do.

But this is shoes that go back as far as Feb of LAST year. So I see this as clearly a long-term thing that has only come about because production has caught up.

What I don't understand is if this inventory is in the hands of the retailers, it's NOT on the books of Nike. It isn't changing anything from an accounting standpoint, which makes the whole idea of this being a quarterly earnings push a little more unlikely IMO.
It is long term, before this even started I made a thread about how Nike/JB put together a whole team of people, got new software in place, and made a whole new division within JB just for the purpose of restocks and relaunches.. They wouldnt do that to track info on a few restocks... I will try to find the thread..

Last edited:
I would say since last year when I picked up my playoff XIIs from a restock. Don't remember that being announced via social media but the first time I remember a restock.

These restocks and relaunches will continue! When people start getting killed and it start making headlines, things got real for Nike/JB. Plus it's not going to hurt them any because if they don't sell fast at retailers, they will sell slow at outlets at a higher profit for Nike/JB. 

Everytime the whole restock thing comes up. I think about the picture of that kid in Texas on the stretcher who died after getting robbed for the Bred XI's, while wearing the Cool Grey IX's. And I gives kudos to Nike/JB for flooding the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom