Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

Lol not ready yet my girl just freehanded this for me so when i get home ill get better pics. She told me she is almost done. I been busy at work so havent had time to put in work on it.
Nice work by your girl. My wife is an artist too so I'll get her to do the exact same thing on the wings. My hands are about as steady as Michael J Fox's.

ok guys here is pretty much a 90% complete product left shoe tho lol right still needs work, I notice the tongue needs another coat of paint 
mad.gif
 notice right when i put the laces i added the finisher looks really nice not too glossy and not too matte.  again i apologize for the bathroom pics but its the only place with really good lighting in my house. 

poor right shoe needs to be finished 

missing the finisher not bad for freehand thanks to the wifey

here it is with the finisher after a few mins of letting it dry love the look just the right amount of gloss

progress of the right shoe lol

with (left)  and with out (right) the finisher see the difference

lol had to borrow the laces from my Blck and Wht pair

a little comparison with the blck and wht pair 

the finish is exactly what i wanted i was afraid that it was gonna be too matte since i dulled out the paint but good thing i did if not it would of been to glossy. remember that the paint it self has gloss in it already. 

missing is only the tongue tag and the extra coat of black on the tongue since its still not as black as i wanted it to be. 

Last edited:
Simply brilliant. A great combination of a good quality shoe (from what I hear), a dope colourway and plenty of care and attention to detail.

Underneath a bright light they look awesome with the lasering detail and the glossy finish. 

What type of acrylic finisher did you use? I ordered the matte type since I prefer matte and don't want mine to be too shiny.

Simply brilliant. A great combination of a good quality shoe (from what I hear), a dope colourway and plenty of care and attention to detail.

Underneath a bright light they look awesome with the lasering detail and the glossy finish. 

What type of acrylic finisher did you use? I ordered the matte type since I prefer matte and don't want mine to be too shiny.

I order the regular finisher,there 4 this is from the angelus site

All the Acrylic FInishers contain a different shine to them. Matte contains the least amount of shine while the High Gloss contains the most. Order of shine is as follows - Matte, Satin, Regular then High Gloss.

I got the regular one

Those are dope @Duo 1026   Repped! 

I'm actually sending off my pair later this week to get them custom to Royals... 

Can't wait to see how they turn out.... 

I'm going to use the Satin finisher and just not dull down the paint itself. I think it should produce similar results, but I won't get to this until next week.

Not sure if this got posted yet in this thread, but I just saw another of the Brad Hall's Jordan review for the Laser 1s. I haven't seen all of it yet, but if it's as funny as the Oreo 4's, this is going to be good!!!

^ Haha his walk to avoid creasing is classic! 

And "Looking closer at the lasering, it looks like you've got a lot of non-sense on the toe...not sure what's going on".

roll.gif

:rofl: that dude reminds me of Mr. Rogers x Napoleon Dynamite.

Can't wait to see what y'all cook up with these. Patiently waiting for my supplies to come in. 8)

Last edited:
Those are dope @Duo 1026
  Repped! 

I'm actually sending off my pair later this week to get them custom to Royals... 

Can't wait to see how they turn out.... 

Thanks post pics when you get them

So the "regular" finisher is what the factory shine is?

technical yes but you have dull the paint or it will be too glossy

I'm going to use the Satin finisher and just not dull down the paint itself. I think it should produce similar results, but I won't get to this until next week.

Basically yeah, since the paint it self has a glossy finish. Looking forward to it.

Looks like the real Frags. Great work.

thanks man.

Bad news - my package of Angelus products has been stopped at the shipping facility and I won't be able to get some of the prohibited items shipped overseas to New Zealand.

My best guess is it's because of the flammable products - I'm assuming that's the leather dye, sole bright and leather preparer and deglazer. Hopefully I hear back from the shipping facility soon and maybe if anyone here on NT wants those prohibited items I could forward them to you.

Bad news - my package of Angelus products has been stopped at the shipping facility and I won't be able to get some of the prohibited items shipped overseas to New Zealand.

My best guess is it's because of the flammable products - I'm assuming that's the leather dye, sole bright and leather preparer and deglazer. Hopefully I hear back from the shipping facility soon and maybe if anyone here on NT wants those prohibited items I could forward them to you.

Im confused you cant get them over too you? I thought they shipped worldwide? depending on what you got ill take it lol.

Last edited:
Im confused you cant get them over too you?
Yeah that's right. I ordered through Angelus --> shipped them to my shipping facility in the US that forwards parcels to New Zealand  --> shipping facility stopped the parcel and said there are prohibited items and can't send them to NZ. Hopefully I can reach a resolution soon.

Last edited:
Yeah that's right. I ordered through Angelus --> shipped them to my shipping facility in the US that forwards parcels to New Zealand  --> shipping facility stopped the parcel and said there are prohibited items and can't send them to NZ. Hopefully I can reach a resolution soon.

Damn i thought angelus shipped straight internationally straight to your house? Hope you can resolve it man. What color dye did you get?

Damn i thought angelus shipped straight internationally straight to your house? Hope you can resolve it man. What color dye did you get?
They could only ship the leather paints and finisher, not the other 3 items, so I ordered thinking it would be all good to get the US shipping facility to forward the parcel to me.

I ordered Green dye, Green paint and Black paint for a "Breen" custom cw.

They could only ship the leather paints and finisher, not the other 3 items, so I ordered thinking it would be all good to get the US shipping facility to forward the parcel to me.

I ordered Green dye, Green paint and Black paint for a "Breen" custom cw.

Nice, well hope you can get all you stuff so you can start on them

Nice, well hope you can get all you stuff so you can start on them
Thanks man. I can source alternative leather dye, preparer and deglazer made by another company here in NZ but I dunno if that's a good idea. And Amazon says it can send me the Sole Bright. I just have to wait and find out exactly which items have been prohibited so I can plan my next move or give up
eyes.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom