• Maybe, Depends On How I Feel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pass

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

So this app system doesn't really "reserve" a pair for you? Like Snkrs does for Nike Town releases and stuff? Also does it cost $$$ to be a VIP member at FA/FTL/Champs? 
What I'm thinking is that it's designed to eliminate the current in-store raffle ticket procedure and automate the entire process. So no, it doesn't reserve a pair for you but rather just an alternate FCFS method.

The headstart system may help initially but more and more people will become Platinum members by spending just $300. VIP is free and you don't have to spend anything, just sign up, and it will get you a 3 min head start. Platinum gets you 5 min. In store check-in will get you an additional minute for a total of 6 min.

What I'm thinking is that it's designed to eliminate the current in-store raffle ticket procedure and automate the entire process. So no, it doesn't reserve a pair for you but rather just an alternate FCFS method.

The headstart system may help initially but more and more people will become Platinum members by spending just $300. VIP is free and you don't have to spend anything, just sign up, and it will get you a 3 min head start. Platinum gets you 5 min. In store check-in will get you an additional minute for a total of 6 min.
I think it's a mix of FCFS and a "raffle" system. I heard people mentioning that the system is set up to take into account your "loyalty" to a specific store in terms of purchases and if you actually pick up the shoes you "reserve." In other words, it punishes you if you "no show," which I find to be fair personally.

Also, it definitely automates the system and prevents "rigged" raffles. No more store managers back-dooring or employees rigging raffles for friends. I still think people will figure out ways to abuse the app soon enough. 

Hoping people don't figure out the app until after a big release like the Black Toes so I can score for retail. :smile:

Edit: By the way, the app is live and cracking in Northern California (Bay Area) as well. So far, it seems smaller Footlockers in San Jose aren't part of it (Eastridge) but Champs Eastridge and Oakridge Westfield are live and kicking. I am speaking with regards to the Cyber Monday 3's. 

Footaction is working in the Bay as well but obviously FTA locations are fairly limited. 

Last edited:
I think it's a mix of FCFS and a "raffle" system. I heard people mentioning that the system is set up to take into account your "loyalty" to a specific store in terms of purchases and if you actually pick up the shoes you "reserve." In other words, it punishes you if you "no show," which I find to be fair personally.

Also, it definitely automates the system and prevents "rigged" raffles. No more store managers back-dooring or employees rigging raffles for friends. I still think people will figure out ways to abuse the app soon enough. 

Hoping people don't figure out the app until after a big release like the Black Toes so I can score for retail. :smile:

I've also heard that your chances are slightly lessened if you won the last raffle. That and the no show thing is a great way to curb idiots entering raffles for "fun" or "just to see if I would win." Still don't understand why Nike hasn't incorporated those types of metrics in their app but whatever. Hopefully this FTL/FA app will be a good thing.

I've also heard that your chances are slightly lessened if you won the last raffle. That and the no show thing is a great way to curb idiots entering raffles for "fun" or "just to see if I would win." Still don't understand why Nike hasn't incorporated those types of metrics in their app but whatever. Hopefully this FTL/FA app will be a good thing.
Yeah man. Really wish Nike would step it up with their Reserved apps for the big cities. I heard that some of those are somehow rigged though but not sure if there is any truth behind it. 

Now, if Nike could update SNKRs app to eliminate people from entering 5+ times! Especially, those who bot it up with like 1000+ entries to score multiple OVOs or a plethora of Banned 1's. 

Well looks like I messed up then. When I was on my phone messing with the app, I actually submitted/registered to enter the cyber 3s just to see how the steps involved in the process. However I have no plans to purchase the shoes. If I win and don't show, I may get penalized for it. Is there any way to cancel my submission?

Nike is an equal opportunity L dispenser.

I can't really complain tho. They showed me some love with a few SNKR draws.

Last edited:
I've also heard that your chances are slightly lessened if you won the last raffle.

Where'd you hear that?! I don't see how anyone could think this is cool and fair. Penalize someone for winning on a previous raffle/release? That's horrible.

Where'd you hear that?! I don't see how anyone could think this is cool and fair. Penalize someone for winning on a previous raffle/release? That's horrible.

FTL employee. And I actually think it's awesome that more Ws will get spread around. And the way it was explained to me, you can still win but your chances are slightly reduced. And again, it forces people to enter for shoes they actually really want. It is a check on people "gaming" the system.

FTL employee. And I actually think it's awesome that more Ws will get spread around. And the way it was explained to me, you can still win but your chances are slightly reduced. And again, it forces people to enter for shoes they actually really want. It is a check on people "gaming" the system.

Horrible idea IMO. If I enter a raffle on back to back releases I want a fair chance to win on both! So even if I win AND buy on the first release my chances are "lessened" when the next release comes around? To me that's the epitome of unfair. For a true sneaker head this app is sounding more and more like a nightmare :smh:.

The raffle is completely RANDOM.

If you won before, there is no reduction on chances to win next time.

Also, if you don't pick up, there is no penalty in place either. The pairs just go to the next people on the wait list.

Source - 20 year FTL Manager. I gave his son a pair of yeezys for retail, so I can get damn near any info out of him.

He is the one that warned me of the 18 pair of Away SBB

The raffle is completely RANDOM.

If you won before, there is no reduction on chances to win next time.

Also, if you don't pick up, there is no penalty in place either. The pairs just go to the next people on the wait list.

Source - 20 year FTL Manager. I gave his son a pair of yeezys for retail, so I can get damn near any info out of him.

He is the one that warned me of the 18 pair of Away SBB
View media item 2194650

Man can't get anyone to go below 320 on these.
Waiting for that even 3
smokin.gif
What area you located? Out here in SoCal I've seen as low as $200-260 on the resell

The best shot at hitting on the app, is when it goes live for the first time in your city imo. Make sure you're a VIP member, check-in at the store, and get that 6 minute head start.
 What if I made purchases within the past 2 months at FTL? Can I just show them proof of purchase and they'll add that on to my membership so I can turn VIP? And how would you tack on the maximum of 6 mins? 

Last edited:
VNDS is a nice way of saying used. If you pay over retail for a pair of used shoes you're into deep. Cut the price in half and then we'll talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom