Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

Now they call Orange Starfish for colors

nerd.gif

I love these threads. Next week this time its gona b go time. I hope who wanted a preorder got it locked in cuz it's only gona get worse price wise next wk. I'm hungry and can't wait to eat.

You need to find the manager of the closet shoe store getting em and trick on them. 570 and 700 is not far apart even doe one is greater but like you said you got money
nthat.gif
Yeah problem is no one around me is getting them. Sure I have the money, but why not save a few bucks. I asked NT member and he said to wait and see the launch locator but my gut told me just pull the trigger, oh well I hope he's right.

You wish you'd dropped $570 on them? The thirst is real.
Yeah man, it's better than dropping $700+. I got the money and plenty of trade bait idgaf.
Good for you. This colorway just isn't worth that kind of money to me. I'm not down with helping resellers establish the $700+ RD price on these. If it weren't for the Chicago disaster, Sobe Soles wouldn't have doubled their preorder price, even if these were limited. I just feel at this point resellers are seeing how far in they can press dudes on 1's.

Good for you. This colorway just isn't worth that kind of money to me. I'm not down with helping resellers establish the $700+ RD price on these. If it weren't for the Chicago disaster, Sobe Soles wouldn't have doubled their preorder price, even if these were limited. I just feel at this point resellers are seeing how far in they can press dudes on 1's.
Yeah and man I agree with if we all ban together and not buy from the re sellers, they will stop selling and go broke etc, but let's be real if I don't spend that money someone else is. I just like this shoe, period end of story. Now if I didn't have the money and couldn't pay my bills or w/e the case may be of course I wouldn't be trying to spend anywhere near that for these. 

I mean there are people who have spent what I might spend on these on one hand of roulette in Vegas, does that make them dumb? I guess it depends on who you ask, and how much money they have.

Yeah problem is no one around me is getting them. Sure I have the money, but why not save a few bucks. I asked NT member and he said to wait and see the launch locator but my gut told me just pull the trigger, oh well I hope he's right.
It's real chatty patty to add "stupid" to anything...

However I hope you score. I was the same way with the chi release. Besides with the few releases left this year it always make cents... [emoji]9994[/emoji] looking forward to the pics

I hope you're not calling me stupid bro lol. You can say that about anything though.
No, of course not man; the main reason why I posted it was because if we keep paying these prices it going to get out of reach for people who just want to wear the shoes.  Think about if you pay one reseller that amount he could tell a fellow reseller who has them also the price he smelled them at and it's an ongoing cycle which sets the resale price on the secondary market.

Yeah and man I agree with if we all ban together and not buy from the re sellers, they will stop selling and go broke etc, but let's be real if I don't spend that money someone else is. I just like this shoe, period end of story. Now if I didn't have the money and couldn't pay my bills or w/e the case may be of course I wouldn't be trying to spend anywhere near that for these. 

I mean there are people who have spent what I might spend on these on one hand of roulette in Vegas, does that make them dumb? I guess it depends on who you ask, and how much money they have.
I'm definitely not trying to lecture you on how to spend your money. I just draw the line somewhere. My issue is that allowing resellers to START at ridiculous prices means this model is going to keep going to astronomical levels. The $400-$800 AJ1 is now going to be $800-$1,200. For me personally, I don't need this shoe so bad that I'm going to contribute to the larger problem that just means it's tougher for all of us in the future for any AJ1 release. It's bad enough as it is, but we were talking $250-$300 preorder prices on just about every OG1 in 2013 and even initially the Chicago 1's. Look where we're at now. UNC 1's are already looking like a disaster waiting to happen when these preorders sell out quickly at 3-4x retail.

To summarize: this IS a community. I think buying into $570 preorders or paying $700 on RD just hurts the community even if it personally helps someone in one instance. I know for some getting a shoe and hardly anyone else getting it is a welcomed event at any price, but I hate Nike limiting 1's and I hate it being that much harder for MOST people to cop when RD prices are 4-5x retail.

Tweeted Nike (Nike NYC) about this but because it wasn't on the release calender yet they couldn't confirm....
I was looking forward to seeing this new raffle system, seems like a good test run. I guess we wait and see. 

It's real chatty patty to add "stupid" to anything...

However I hope you score. I was the same way with the chi release. Besides with the few releases left this year it always make cents... [emoji]9994[/emoji] looking forward to the pics
Thanks man repped! Yeah bro I got a couple people looking out for me from relationships i've forged over the years, the problem is no one knows anything about this damn shoe or if they're getting it. Also with some releases that I am able to score on , Chicago 1's for example, I get extra pairs for a situation like this. I managed to cop a few DSM's off of their website (I copped one and my wife copped 1) and I stock up on trade bait just to make sure im gucci. So all in all i'm not really spending MY money anyway, i'll just trade towards the shoe and then add on top of they will add on top either way.

Appreciate it fam I hope you cop too if you are lookin for them!

@AirSakuragi   Yeah man I knew we we're cool but here is the thing, I am not gonna stop the resellers ( I think it's stupid too ) I miss the days when I could just walk in and cop J's whenever with 0 hassle, but until all those people move on, this is how it is and I had to adapt to get what I want. I hope you cop too bro.

To summarize: this IS a community. I think buying into $570 preorders or paying $700 on RD just hurts the community even if it personally helps someone in one instance. I know for some getting a shoe and hardly anyone else getting it is a welcomed event at any price, but I hate Nike limiting 1's and I hate it being that much harder for MOST people to cop when RD prices are 4-5x retail.
I agree, as I said before paying these pre order prices and spending that much cash is what's setting the resale market prices. 

Major Jordan 1 threads, you either love em or hate em. They provide a good read and honest laughter for sure either way. Hope this doesn't happen to "UNC" thread as time progresses, wishful thinking.

Thanks man repped! Yeah bro I got a couple people looking out for me from relationships i've forged over the years, the problem is no one knows anything about this damn shoe or if they're getting it. Also with some releases that I am able to score on , Chicago 1's for example, I get extra pairs for a situation like this. I managed to cop a few DSM's off of their website (I copped one and my wife copped 1) and I stock up on trade bait just to make sure im gucci. So all in all i'm not really spending MY money anyway, i'll just trade towards the shoe and then add on top of they will add on top either way.

Appreciate it fam I hope you cop too if you are lookin for them!

@AirSakuragi   Yeah man I knew we we're cool but here is the thing, I am not gonna stop the resellers ( I think it's stupid too ) I miss the days when I could just walk in and cop J's whenever with 0 hassle, but until all those people move on, this is how it is and I had to adapt to get what I want. I hope you cop too bro.
Me too but it's only going to get worse if people start paying these types of prices, I respect you man never forget that.

Back
Top Bottom