Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

Waste tons of hours researching, getting "plugs", raffles, all that nonsense to risk not getting the shoe = Not Sucker

Use the time to do more work and get paid more, then use part of the cash to fund pre-order mark up and get the shoe = Sucker

Then ok, I am a sucker
It's not about being a sucker. It's about being part of a community and not making the standard to pay outrageous amounts or lose out. I grew up buying Jordans with money I saved up mowing lawns and later running my own business. It was a part of my youth that's stayed with me. It sucks that only wealthy older adults can get the shoes now (even if I'm one of them). Paying those prices just makes the cycle continue and grow worse. Ultimately the blame lies with Nike, but I'm tired of contributing to the damage of the sneaker collecting community, especially when teenagers (who the shoes were really aimed at to begin with) can't find a pair under half a month's salary of the average adult.

Last edited:
It's not about being a sucker. It's about being part of a community and not making the standard to pay outrageous amounts or lose out. I grew up buying Jordans with money I saved up mowing lawns and later running my own business. It was a part of my youth that's stayed with me. It sucks that only wealthy older adults can get the shoes now (even if I'm one of them). Paying those prices just makes the cycle continue and grow worse. Ultimately the blame lies with Nike, but I'm tired of contributing to the damage of the sneaker collecting community, especially when teenagers (who the shoes were really aimed at to begin with) can't find a pair under half a month's salary of the average adult.
That wasnt directed at you bro. It was towards another comment.

I am a new user but I have been around for quite awhile and I used to save up money when i was 16 to buy sneakers. I share that part of experience with you and I definitely feel where you are coming from. 

The way I see it, I don't have the time to actually go out there and line up and secure raffles and such. The reseller didn't build up the connections or so called "plugs" out of thin air, they had to put time and effort into that **** (or money if they are using ATC). If they are willing to make those connections I am willing to pay for their services so I can carry on with my regular life (work and family doesn't allow me to be all over sneaker RDs like before), everybody's gotta eat man. At the end of the day, it sucks for kids like us when we were younger, but the world isn't fair, I had to budget my money and only get vnds sneakers when I first started, though I totally respect your opinion and decision. 

I just feel like people got different situations going on in life, and to make generalized statements like some people here callin other names is just trifling.

Teenagers should not be buying $200 shoes to simply stunt on IG. Most Jordan's are bought to impress the people around that particular individual. (Customer) Which is now amplified to another level. Which is why we are seeing 500+ out the gate. It's the young kids with who are privileged who are doing the most damage. The now grown men from the 80s and 90s who just cops his pair for nostalgia now sees an opportunity to cash out on the next generation, while maintaining his job or business.

Is that not where we at with this game?

I don't know why yall argue about prices people pay

Nothing we can do about it. If they got money to cop then who gives a damn. I agree none of these shoes are worth anywhere near what they are going for

The real shame is that the sneaker community isn't much of a community these days. I think that's what bothers me. Older guys have moved past caring about putting in the effort to get the shoes cause back in the day very little effort was required. A lot of young kids buy just to flip or have on a shelf to take photos of and never once wear. Nike's handling of the AJ1 just brings it all into focus.

The real shame is that the sneaker community isn't much of a community these days. I think that's what bothers me. Older guys have moved past caring about putting in the effort to get the shoes cause back in the day very little effort was required. A lot of young kids buy just to flip or have on a shelf to take photos of and never once wear. Nike's handling of the AJ1 just brings it all into focus.
This pay to play nonsense needs to stop, some younger people like me and others still wear their shoes and want to own some others but the sellers won't give you a deal suited on your age group.

This pay to play nonsense needs to stop, some younger people like me and others still wear their shoes and want to own some others but the sellers won't give you a deal suited on your age group.

If you think age determines what tax bracket you're in/should be in then you're already losing. There are kids out at these conventions with RACKS of cash that started out from mommys first deposit that was flipped. I agree that it sucks that kids think paying resell is the route and end up missing out on it but this is how some people put food on their plate and so they'll take you for what you got young or old

Teenagers should not be buying $200 shoes to simply stunt on IG. Most Jordan's are bought to impress the people around that particular individual. (Customer) Which is now amplified to another level. Which is why we are seeing 500+ out the gate. It's the young kids with who are privileged who are doing the most damage. The now grown men from the 80s and 90s who just cops his pair for nostalgia now sees an opportunity to cash out on the next generation, while maintaining his job or business.

Is that not where we at with this game?
I don't see the older guys as a whole trying to "cash out the younger generation". Most of the resellers I've met in person have had no lifelong affinity for sneakers and many are in their late teens or 20's. As an adult I certainly appreciate that I have a collection of ~120 pairs that add up to something if and when I want to pull the trigger. But I don't think older guys like myself who get 1 or 2 pairs of a given release and sometimes part with them are the real problem. Backdoor connections for multiple FSR's, consolidated group purchases, etc. are. I don't think much of anyone who has to pay off some minimum wage employee or their slightly better paid "boss" at a sneaker store just to fleece dozens of people at a time. Most of us have REAL jobs in our 30's and 40's and aren't trying to hustle shoes to make a living or get by.

If you think age determines what tax bracket you're in/should be in then you're already losing. There are kids out at these conventions with RACKS of cash that started out from mommys first deposit that was flipped. I agree that it sucks that kids think paying resell is the route and end up missing out on it but this is how some people put food on their plate and so they'll take you for what you got young or old
read what @trappedintime  posted below, you shouldn't depend on a job like that,it's bound to go down.

I don't see the older guys as a whole trying to "cash out the younger generation". Most of the resellers I've met in person have had no lifelong affinity for sneakers and many are in their late teens or 20's. As an adult I certainly appreciate that I have a collection of ~120 pairs that add up to something if and when I want to pull the trigger. But I don't think older guys like myself who get 1 or 2 pairs of a given release and sometimes part with them are the real problem. Backdoor connections for multiple FSR's, consolidated group purchases, etc. are. I don't think much of anyone who has to pay off some minimum wage employee or their slightly better paid "boss" at a sneaker store just to fleece dozens of people at a time. Most of us have REAL jobs in our 30's and 40's and aren't trying to hustle shoes to make a living or get by.
In the end they did monetize my vice. It feels good purchasing things that could resell for more. I remember times of being ashamed for having a particular mold with 7 cws. 9 cws. But not now. It make cents. I say invest wisely. And diversify your bonds...lol Wu Tang skit off Dave Chappelle comes to mind...

read what @trappedintime
 posted below, you shouldn't depend on a job like that,it's bound to go down.

It's the reality of these guys out here. I don't rely on sneaker money to keep food on my plate and I don't "pay to play". A new release comes out every week and eventually there will be another hot one that takes your mind off the last L. I could pay resell but what's the point if it's only gonna feed the system and cost me more money in the long term.

It's the reality of these guys out here. I don't rely on sneaker money to keep food on my plate and I don't "pay to play". A new release comes out every week and eventually there will be another hot one that takes your mind off the last L. I could pay resell but what's the point if it's only gonna feed the system and cost me more money in the long term.
Good way of thinking, I'm possibly going to miss out on these in favor of the Chicagos, it saddens me because these have my favorite color and the quality is beautiful, I'll still try on RD and if I do secure them then, I'll get the Chicagos next.

What's there to talk about with the shoes? Next to no release info, I haven't seen a flood of new photos, etc. Here, I'll go:

They're Black. And White. And Orange.

The leather looks supple and high quality.

What else you want to talk about here, boss?

Man I feel like passing on a "good" release is like finally getting to recess and they passing out *hugs* and you just shrug it off. Tired. Dry mouthed. Musty. Dingy. While these other kids stunting. I ain't even mention the "privileged" kid is just spitting his out laughing at you like "gotem" Where do YOU draw the line? #st#staythirstymyfriends

Damn man I wish I woulda just copped off of Sobesoles, I would be feeling a lot better right now. Last time I don't trust my instinct. 

nah man, u let certain members talk u out of it. like i said i hesitated for 10 minutes and said eff it. we already know sobe is legit so what do we really have to lose at the end of the day? it isn't $1M. it's $550. but we were called "idiots" by certain members bc we copped.

:lol:

nah man, u let certain members talk u out of it. like i said i hesitated for 10 minutes and said eff it. we already know sobe is legit so what do we really have to lose at the end of the day? it isn't $1M. it's $550. but we were called "idiots" by certain members bc we copped.

laugh.gif
by copping at that price you're already setting the market price of these at $550, you still have almost a week before these come out, wait, no need to jump the gun just yet.

laugh.gif
I didn't know Sobe was legit at first I had to check. And yeah I didn't trust my instincts and let someone talk me out of it, I already said that a few posts before you quoted me. It sucks, I shoulda just said F it, almost did, but you live and you learn, so now it's either retail or resale.

Back
Top Bottom